4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:04 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:21 pm 
Because Race Car

As many of you know I'm moving and not able to take the Colt with me. It is in the exact condition as it was in my build thread viewtopic.php?f=64&t=34531. Comes with a few spare GT fenders, rear hatch, rear lexan windows, and a few small parts (headlights/turn signals, new matching locks and keys, etc). Also included is 3/4 of the original DMS rally suspension (both fronts, one rear; all need rebuilt). I'm giving it all away just as it was given to me. Here's the catch... it has to be out of my house by the end of the month; bring a trailer because it doesn't have any wheels.

PM me here if you are serious about coming to pick it up and I'll send you my phone number and we can arrange everything.

I also have the complete Evo suspension too and it can all go cheap with it. All control arms, rear subframe, and front coilovers(no rears); $500.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:38 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Damn if you were anywhere close to Michigan, I am sure I could persuade antilag_200 to help me finish this car. :( I want a colt and to see this be parted and scrapped is so sad.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:51 pm 
The Silent Administrator

If you can afford to have the shell dragged into a closed transport setup, then it will arrive at your door step, and you can haul it off with a truck. I can see this being very doable.

Shell is free with many parts correct?

Spending 1500 or more on transport, will land it right at your front door.

This is chump change to get a vehicle that is already build up, and the cage welded in properly.

The entry fee is far below the normal cost of racing .... anything!

Hell, maybe it will cost less. I'm just throwing out some numbers to put a reality check into the mix, and show just how feasible this is.

You can't buy a rust free shell, and cage, and weld it in for this cost. Let alone spend the time to engineer it, and pull it off with proper
execution.

Long live the free shell!!!

:soap:

That is all.

:yawinkle:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:27 am 
Restricted Newbie

I just bought a super sweet roller (91 Talon TSI) in December otherwise I would probably jump. It cost me 700 to have this one brought in from Ogden, UT. However it was a roller and I did an open trailer not enclosed. I would bet $1500 is about right to drag it across the country.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:36 am 
Because Race Car

I wish someone would do something like that. I honestly feel terrible that I didn't end up having the time to finish it but I started a business and it's an all-in or never know type of situation now... so I have to move to Hawaii where the business is based and it will cost me nearly $3k to get the shell over there. It's just too much for me right now and for the cost of storing it here I could buy another running and have a cage put in then ship it. Shipping a running car is only $1100, but a container of "goods" starts at $3,000 :(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:58 am 
Because Race Car

Bumper is sold. Not a single message from anyone who is interested in taking the shell though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:50 pm 
Restricted Newbie

PM sent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:35 pm 

Received my bumper today! Free bump for a great seller.

08 Ford F-350 6.4 PSD 3 mods and 600hp :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:16 am 
Because Race Car

Scrapped :( Though I kept a few of the more rare/fun bits. I'll get to them one of these days but for now they're packed and stored.

Close it up Mods

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]