4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:10 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:31 pm 

I'm still here every once in a great while. I'm 35 and while I do miss my CSM DSM days, I have a 508 whp EJ8 Civic. I still to this day wish I had never sold my 4g63t swapped Colt.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:42 pm 

I really do miss all of my friends here. I don't know how many of you remember me, but I'm Rob. I live near Pittsburgh, PA. I have had a few DSMs and CSMs. I started modifying my old 92 Colt back in the day with a huge help from Chris 89Mirageman and I went nuts on the car. First, I swapped the old 4g15 out for a 4g67t, and it shit the bed due to the fact that I'm not a tuner. Then I drove to Allentown and picked up an original 4g61t and put the 63t parts on it and it hauled all kinds of ass. Then I scored a built 4g63t and put it in with a Frankenstein 19c turbo, and all kinds of goodies and that car was crazy fast. I beat a 2007 Corvette GS with it. Then I traded it for a stock Colt and the dude blew it up 10 minutes after we traded. Then, I dropped out of the car modifying game for a while, and got back into it with a sacrilegious love, back to Hondas. I bought a 1997 Civic EJ8 Coupe. It's been downhill from there. I am about $12k into this car, and just like my Colt, polished a turd. It makes 508 whp and I only stopped there because the Competition stage 4 clutch was slipping. It now has a Clutchmasters twin-disc clutch and I have a set of 2200cc injectors waiting to go in it for the summer to be retuned. I'm looking to make 700 whp out of a 1.8L DOHC VTEC engine. It's not a 4g63t, but I built it with forged internals and Golden Eagle sleeves, so it should have no problem making that. I know that ya'll consider me dead anyway, but wish me luck.

Caleb 3/17/12 8 lbs 15 ozs 20 inches

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:14 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Jebus, you are tuning a honda to core shift those bores or what? lol

Don't worry we remember you, and the guys that do, still poke in once in a while.

Pretty quiet around here, but the world is still viewing our pages for information on swaps and to get ideas for new things to do.

It's a different time, with different approaches to many things.

Lots of innovation though.