4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:59 am 

Just as it says, I am looking for an intermediate shaft from a Colt GT or Mirage Turbo. I am putting a 4g63 into my '87 Mirage and need this intermediate shaft. The DSM intermediate shafts that I have put in do not line up correctly; the intermediate shaft bearing housing sits too far away from the oil pan if pulled to the block causing misalignment.

Thanks, guys.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 9:09 pm 
Some call me a god

With an account bracket or stack of washers between the block and mount you should be fine they are the same length, just use the 2 outside holes vs the inside

If speed kills, then i shoulda been dead awhile ago. There is no such thing as "Too Much Power". There is no excuse for a lost race. Do you view the rev limiter as a fun limiter?or as a shift point? And we all know, more boost=more fun.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:05 am 
CSM Junkie

DSm bracket works just fine. AS stated above, Either the rear AC bracket, stack of washers or hit http://www.ExtremePSI.com for the spacers.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:45 am 

I have the wrong DSM shaft. This intermediate shaft came off of a bone stock 1992 7-bolt AWD manual car. This one does not line up. So, I either need a CSM shaft or the correct DSM shaft. I have read and have been told that the DSM intermediate shafts are all the same up to '96, but that is not the case here.
Can anyone tell me the exact DSM I need to get one off of?
Thanks in advance, guys! :drinkers:

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:27 am 
CSM Junkie

I used an intermediate/jack shaft from a random 1g, worked fine. Is it possible it came from an Auto car? Also, did you look into spacers? From the factory, it is designed to bolt to the AC bracket, otherwise spacers are required to step it out and keep it aligned.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:44 am 

The car I pulled this intermediate shaft from was a manual car. I have the Mopar A/C delete spacer on it. I am going to bolt an A/C bracket on it and see if it wil align then. Maybe I'll get lucky!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:43 am 
Some call me a god

Are you using a dsm transmission or an 87 turbo transmission?

I once bought an axle shaft for a Colt turbo, found out it was an early Colt, (non c53) and nothing on it would work at all with any dsm anything g I had in the garage...

If speed kills, then i shoulda been dead awhile ago. There is no such thing as "Too Much Power". There is no excuse for a lost race. Do you view the rev limiter as a fun limiter?or as a shift point? And we all know, more boost=more fun.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:15 pm 

Quote:
Are you using a dsm transmission or an 87 turbo transmission?

I once bought an axle shaft for a Colt turbo, found out it was an early Colt, (non c53) and nothing on it would work at all with any dsm anything g I had in the garage...
The trans is a TRE 1G AWD manual gearbox.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:42 pm 
Some call me a god

Hmmm. If everything is what you say it is, then it would work...

Did you at any time pull the bracket off the axle and reinstall it in the wrong orientation?