4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14 Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:55 pm 
CSM Junkie

Great work, this project is awesome! Can't wait for updates

Keane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:10 pm 
CSM Junkie

Imageimage hosting 12mb
Imageimage hosting 12mb
Imageimage hosting 12mb

Imageimage hosting 12mb
Imageimage hosting 12mb
Imageimage hosting 12mb
Imageimage hosting 12mb
Imageimage hosting 12mb
Imageimage hosting 12mb
Imageimage hosting 12mb

goals were save as much weight as possible. quiet as possible. reliable and easy to service. 400whp through A/T.

stock turbo with complete exhaust 99lbs
6758 with twin muffler side exit 60lbs

stock 1.75 with cat, two mufflers, one resonator and lots of bends
side exit 2.7 is just as quiet as the restrictive stocker. amazing

power. yet to be determined

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:18 pm 
CSM Junkie

exhaust came out good save one problem. it resonates terrible bad between 3000-3500rpm. I think the problem can be fixed with a 1/4 wave resonator added. or helmholz resonator. temporarily tried to tame with different side pipes. each pipe gave a substantially different personality. I am actually driving it around with pipe in the last pic. It has the best cancellation of drone with a nice attenuation at full throttle. I like the look as well. but fear the cop magnet affect.
Imagefree pic
Imagefree pic
Imagefree pic
Imagefree pic
Imagefree pic
Imagefree pic
also added downpipe brace. I put the brace farther back and braced off the tcase. pretty easy to make. exhaust overall is off car in two minutes. this brace is one of those things everyone takes off the car. always during downpipe upgrade. since the new downpipe is so much loader you would never know the value of the brace. the brace tames the tone of the exhaust at wide open throttle. the effect is HUGE. maybe as much as 2 decibel less at certain RPMs.
Imagefree pic

Last edited by lancerman on Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:22 pm 
CSM Junkie

completed in chassis drop in build.
manley 9/1
nascar DLC pins 173 wall
manley lightweight I beams
rings gapped to .023
low mileage owner ported head with evo 8 everything
Tomei 260 poncams
ARP studs with felpro gasket
owner ported intake (evo 1)
engine fired up and runs great. i did not hone cylinders. I have done many stock bore builds and found rings seat better with not touching the bores. compression was 125,135, 125, 155. new compression cam in at 130 130 135 135. lower because of the cams.
Imagetake a screenshot
Imagetake a screenshot
Imagetake a screenshot
Imagetake a screenshot
Imagetake a screenshot
Imagetake a screenshot
Imagetake a screenshot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:30 pm 
CSM Junkie

spent some time shaving and dimpling the intake. this took the better part of a day. I think it looks pretty cool.
Imagejpg images

have driven the car around a bit with the new top end. to be honest with myself I dont like what the cams do to the bottom end. the car is far less responsive in 1500-3500 range. and the way I drive I am certain I prefer the way the stock cams drove. MY biggest concern with adding cams was maintaining a smooth idle. I choose these cams for that reason. The feedback I found while limited said they cams idle like stock cams. and boy is that true. these cams are in a league of their own as far as idle quality. still in shock when i go start and drive the car. they idle just like stock. no kidding. just like stock. the TQ loss was a painful discovery . i really hadnt even considered it. If this was a 5 speed car it would not be an issue. but its a huge issue with the A/T. thinking about it I have non of the usual tricks aboard that I usually use to increase low end response. 2.3 liters, cyclone intake, or twin scroll. I am simply not ready to make any changes like that. so the stock cams will go back in for now. hopefully I can still reach my 400whp goal. there is a complete vacate of info of people making any kind of decent power on stock cams. its like the easiest bolt on there is. and usually the second mod right after an exhaust.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:01 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Looking great! I need to step up my game :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:37 pm 
CSM Junkie

thanks Leon. its because of you I even have one of these cars.

reconfigured coil mount for a cleaner look. chippin away at it. engine look pretty good now. I think its time to drop the ecmlink in and start on finalizing the rest of the wiring sp I can finish up the engine compartment... I have an extremely cool 3-injector 2-stage secondary injection planned. gotta see first how big I can go on the primary injectors. then I can properly size the ethanol injectors.
Imagescreen capture software
Imagescreen capture software

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:21 am 
2nd Banana

FP2 cams idle like stock as well, that's what I have in my car, but it seems like they're similarly spec'd to the Tomei cams, so they'd probably net you the same results.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:01 am 
CSM Junkie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JbEwJ-_bHI
I have run fp2 cams. and FP1 cams. and FP3 cams. I have also heard the idle on pretty much every other popular cam for a 4g63. Too many to list. Nothing I have seen idles as good as these Tomei.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:23 pm 
2nd Banana

^^Sounds exactly like my car at idle

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:47 am 
CSM Junkie

wow youve really put some work into the car.
its awesome but just curious to why you decided to put forged parts in the engine? couldnt you have reached your goals on the stock block or do you want to push past 3-400hp.

the intake looks great, pretty creative texturing technique. did you scribe straight lines and then center punch every one of the holes? thats crazy amount of work :supz:

Keane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:29 pm 
CSM Junkie

it would have been boarder line safe to push stock pistons. i am shooting for 400whp through the auto. which is around 450whp 5 speed numbers. i didnt emphasize but the head had to come off. it was burning oil really bad. not much more work to pull the pan at that point. very happy i tried these pistons. so far they are awesome. great ring seal. no noise on start up. the valve cover vent is bare. no line yet. points to air cleaner. no oil at all at 20psi.

I used tape for a straight line then a punch. but it was still very hard to drill straight lines. drill bit still wanders. i did a practice spot of like 1in by 1in on a spare manifold. didnt take that long so i committed. If you stare at it close its not perfect. but i think it looks great. an it will be unique. dont think anyone would copy.

thanks for the compliment. stay tuned for the finishing touches i have planned. just getting to the good stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:31 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
thanks for the compliment. stay tuned for the finishing touches i have planned. just getting to the good stuff.
can't thank you enough for the entertainment your providing blows any nutflicks show out of the water :wtg:

Keane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:54 pm 
CSM Junkie

spent a tremendous amount of time pondering my fuel injection game plan. my evo 1 has been running a dual fuel setup of my own design for last four years. it consists of 780cc primary injectors running on 93 octane. and two 650cc E99 secondary injectors that turn on at 4psi and mirror the duty cycle of the primaries. this allows no special tuning. you just need to be aware of where your turn on point is in the fuel map. then just tune as normal. I had originally planned to just copy the setup but use four 335cc injectors spraying eth. but there were some things about that I didnt like. primarily very limited to injection amount and the fear if one injector fails only one cylinder goes lean. far better to have all four cylinders go lean if one of the ethanol injectors fails. plus I really wanted to try a small injector pre turbo. so here is what I have come up with.

primary injectors 650cc at 4bar fuel pressure.
two secondary 650cc at 4bar.
one 178cc pre turbo. at 6bar
secondary injectors will be staged. 650/178 at 4psi as before. then trigger last 650 one or two fuel cells later ~10psi

the evo 1 runs ~e37 or there abouts
this system will run around e43 with better atomization.

pretty excited to see how it works. the wildcard being the pre turbo injector. waiting for the rest of the parts to arrive.

Imagewindows 7 screen shot
Imagewindows 7 screen shot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:42 pm 
CSM Junkie

had a dent doctor go over the car today. did a really nice job removing 23 years of dings. biggest struggle is the slider door. very hard to get good access behind it. had me really stressed out with each defeating comment. in the end he was able to reach them all. I am now moving forward with wet sand and buff, refinishing bumpers, and some minor touch up paint.
Imagefree photo hosting
Imagepicture sharing
Imagescreen shot windows 7

Last edited by lancerman on Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14 Next