4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:30 am 

Has anybody tried to retrofit the 4G or 5G Mirage/Lancer Side Mirrors onto ours? I can't find a a working replacement or surplus for mine!

The problem with mine is the glass with the holder was stolen but the motor is still there, and as far as I know is still working. Unless somebody has an idea how to get the glass to interface with the motor then I have to replace it with a different assembly.

4G and 5G is bascially Evo 1, 2, 3 and Evo 4, 5 , 6 respectively.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:55 am 
The Silent Administrator

Rockauto.com has sedan mirro assemblies on close out right now. Might the last sets you ever see, and dirt cheap too! May the speed be with you on this one. They listed as black.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:43 pm 

Quote:
Rockauto.com has sedan mirro assemblies on close out right now. Might the last sets you ever see, and dirt cheap too! May the speed be with you on this one. They listed as black.
The photos don't seem to match what I have? Are they using "example" photo just to let people know it's a side mirror?

How reliable is Rockauto? This would bet the first time I'll buy a car part in the states if I push through.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:19 pm 

Bump.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:17 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Rockauto is a good company and they have been supporting DSMTuners, GalantVR4.org and our CSM's for quite some time. Don't hesitate to contact them about shipping to your location in the Philippines.

The picture should be the part you are ordering, especially if it shows the part number with the picture. BUT, best to ask them if you can send a picture to confirm what they have for you.

What is wrong with your outside mirror assembly?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:06 am 

Quote:
Rockauto is a good company and they have been supporting DSMTuners, GlantVR4.org and our CSM's for quite some time. Don't hesitate to contact them about shipping to your location in the Philippines.

The picture should be the part you are ordering, especially if it shows the part number with the picture. BUT, best to ask them if you can send a picture to confirm what they have for you.

What is wrong with your outside mirror assembly?
I haven't checked anything but had it ordered by family in the States.

Well the glass and holder got stolen when it was parked a couple of years ago, and ever since then it's always been regular glass that was sealed in place... no adjustments.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:06 am 

I ordered the ones from Rockauto and got surplus ones from a junked Lancer locally.