4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:12 pm 

lHey everyone, yet another problem here. I get this wierd sound clunking sound when i stop or start on front right side of car. I took the wheel off and found it too be a bar thats loose. Looks like a stabalizer bar or something that runs from the left side of car to right side. I took a picture but never know how to put pictures on here. I thinks it's important too, and i drove to la which was 2 and half hours on freeway yesterday in traffic. It might be a steering dampener bar, not sure. Anyways called autozone, they didnt have and told me deeler only maybe. Is this true? can't i buy bushing for it and replace them and put the bar back. Justl looks like it may be just rubber bushing thingys that wore out. Please let me know, i have time off and me and friend can put them in before fryday because i have to drive again and dont want to crash this car and me. CharleyTurbo.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:21 pm 
Some call me a god

There are a lot of parts that are dealer-only with these cars. Best way to post pics is to sign up for PhotoBucket or even better, the Gallery here at 4g61t.com. Then you can provide a link to your picture or use HTML coding such as "[ img ]http://yourpicturelink.com[ /img ]".

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:42 pm 

sounds like it might be the swaybar endlinks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:55 pm 
CSM Dik

Or sway bar bushings. My left one was completely wore through and made a nasty tapping noise. Bought mine from JNZ Tuning,Charley,a good place to buy oem parts for our cars with getting raped by the "stealership". Bought sway bar end links too.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:37 pm 
2nd Banana

The part you're referring to is the front sway bar. Either the end links are bad on either side, or the bushings are bad on either side, or both. Both parts are relatively easy to change and you can still order them from Mitsubishi dealerships as far as I know.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:24 pm 

Hey Everyone,
You are all correct, it is the front torsion bar, sway bar bushings. I am going to drive 40 miles to go get them right now. Since the east coast mitsu dealership is like 3-5 days shipping they say. I think its a good idea to change both the end and the bushings i bet. I only saw the bushings were bad but will pick up and change both if they have. Also thanks for the picture info dude and also thanks for the shop where to find online also. Gotta get going, hope its simi safe to drive like this.Gotta do it though. Thanks again you guys are pretty incredible, figuring the problem out over the computer from a lame description, you guys should be mechanics. Oh you are,haha. and great ones too,honest. lates.CharleyTurbo.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:23 pm 
Some call me a god

hate to thread jack, but does anyone know what size these sway bar bushings are? I pulled a bar off of a Elantra and dont want to install it untill I swap out the stockers for some poly units.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:54 pm 
CSM Dik

Quote:
hate to thread jack, but does anyone know what size these sway bar bushings are? I pulled a bar off of a Elantra and dont want to install it untill I swap out the stockers for some poly units.
I wanna say 20mm for the Elantra/Colt GT sway bar(same),16mm for the 1.5 Colt sway bar? Correct me if I'm wrong anybody.

@Charley glad to help out,hope the bushings help you out. I didn't mean to say your dealer was a rip-off or over-charged,they are very useful for quick fixes. Just got a little ahead of myself. Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:07 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Quote:
I wanna say 20mm for the Elantra/Colt GT sway bar(same),16mm for the 1.5 Colt sway bar? Correct me if I'm wrong anybody.
Thank You!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:42 pm 

Hey guys, i now see this posting about sway bar diameter and realize me and my buddy had a heck of a time putting these bushings on. Had to cut the nipples and shave things off. I drove 1 hour to a mitsu dealership and all they had was 1.5 bushings. I baught those because figured it was better than completely worn ones i had. I seem to have the same tapping noise though. It does seem to handle better though. Anyways ill order threw the aftermarket place i guess or the 1.6 ones. My buddy claimed there wouldnt be much difference though. Thing there defenately is a difference and the reason it didnt fix the tapping problem. Thanks everybody for your help though...Charley...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:23 pm 

Hey everyone updating again. I continued to have the clunking sound from right side after we put the bushing for sway bar on. I think we put the ones for a 1.5 but we cut and shaved and made them tight so i think they will work fine for now. We took off the tire to look for the sound and or whatevers making it and saw its sitting same as we put it. Sooo Im riding with my friend who loves mustangs and he hears the sound and says you know what i think it might be a loose strut or shock obsorber. I say ok great ill check it out since the sound is sooo anoying and potentially dangerous since i drive all over La past three months. I open it up with the little black boot cover and see all the grease we had put on there, put the socket in there and sure enough its very loose on top. We tightened it up and now alls well with that sound,yeaaa. Now onto the other three or four problems i have,haha. Thanks everyone again for your help too. Charlie.