4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:06 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:44 pm 
Digital Baby Troll

Nobody gonna take my car
I'm gonna race it to the ground
Nobody gonna beat my car
it's gonna break the speed of sound
Ooh it's a killing machine
it's got everything
Like a driving power
big fat tires everything
I love it and I need it I bleed it
Yeah it's a wild hurricane
Alright hold tight I'm a highway star

Classic Deep Purple, still awaiting new motor

-John

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:02 pm 
Digital Baby Troll

Got bored today waiting for the new motor, should be here on monday if all goes right, so I decided to pretty up my 61t's valve cover and throw that on the 63t just for the hell of it.

cleaned

prepped

Done, all I have to do now is get some touch up paint for the red writing.

Next project, kinda hit a sign while fruit and banana around in a parking lot, this is why I try to keep my power on the front wheels. I like to pretend that I can drift :oops:

-John

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:54 am 
Digital Baby Troll

Motor finally came in today so now the building begins.

Had the heat shield off the turbo before I even signed for it

brand new hoist put together and good to go

Spotted these little guys trying to figure out what the hell I was doing in the tree above me

Onward with the questions. How do I make this plug and play? Should I just switch all the sensors off of my 61t on to it or do I have to do a full wiring harness swap? The TB is completely different and I'm not sure if my wiring harness has some of the sensors for it. Could that just be for the cyclone intake system? Most other sensors look the same to me. Maybe I shouldn't have gone JDM but I couldn't resist. Also another weird thing is the motor has a 11b turbo on it, is that normal or did I get shafted? Either way I have a 2g exhaust mani, a 14b turbo and a very bored out o2 housing that I can throw on it.

-John

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:09 am 

yeah the jdm ones came with the smaller turbo

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:46 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

i want the intake manifold

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:24 pm 
Some call me a god

To make it plug and play....

1G intake manifold
CSM coil pack
90 throttle body
1G complete thermostat assembly [reuse the sensors from your 4G61t assembly]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:26 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
yeah the jdm ones came with the smaller turbo

Steve
Please re-check your info. The 5spd versions came with a 14B or 16g. The automatics came with a smaller turbo.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:57 pm 
Digital Baby Troll

Thanks for the info hyde but the whole reason I went JDM is because I wanted the cyclone intake manifold so I'd rather hold on to that. The CSM coil pack and 1g Tsat housing I can do. I have to dig deep in these threads because I saw one at one point in time about how to wire up the cyclone to work correctly. Today I'm going to pull the wiring harness off and pull the valve cover to check for bend valves and to throw in my 3g lifters.

-John

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:36 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

How good is the rest of the car?

I built my 61T completely stock trying to maintain it's integrity as an original. Unfortunately the turbo broke after startup and now I ended up with a really nice 61T, but with a Evo III 16G setup with all the goodies. I've gone back and forth with wishing I just used a 63T but I had just sunk some serious money in the 61 so, here I am.

Good luck with your build(s)! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:21 pm 
Digital Baby Troll

The rest of the car is in good shape thats why I want to rebuild the 61t and at least have the original motor laying around. And thanks for the good luck buddy.

But moving on, I tore into the 63t today and go a lot done, put my 3g lifters in, removed the spider web of a wiring harness, pulled the AC pump off, removed the belts for the alternator and power steering pump, and the timing belt cover. Tomorrow I'm hoping to do a cylinder leak down test to make sure I don't have any major issues before voiding the warranty on the motor by putting it is a CSM myself and get all the stuff together to do a timing belt replacement. Then if that all comes out dandy I'll bolt up my exhaust mani turbo and o2 housing. This is too much fun!

-John

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:51 pm 
Some call me a god

Looking good look for a write soon on the cyclone intake mani we are putting it on crusherbaits car some time soon....We made a pretty sweet set up for it....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:08 pm 
Digital Baby Troll

Quote:
Looking good look for a write soon on the cyclone intake mani we are putting it on crusherbaits car some time soon....We made a pretty sweet set up for it....
Well feel free to test it out on mine first, I'll throw you a six pack if you'd like, should have the motor in the car by the end of the week, besides we're both johns, so there's no alphabetical order issues there.

-John

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:32 pm 
Digital Baby Troll

Cylinder leak down test performed with beautiful results, all four cylinder's had about a 7% leak rate and 15psi. Ran it on my 61t and number 3 cylinder had a leak rate of 84% and 28psi and lots of air coming out of the intake mani. So its looking like I'm keeping this motor, I now have my 2g exhaust mani, 14b turbo, and bored out o2 housing on. Tomorrow is timing belt and all the included goodies then the 61 starts to come out of the shitbox for the heart transplant.

-John

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:38 pm 
Digital Baby Troll

Finally got the car in the driveway today and figured out everything to make this all go plug and play. I think I'm going to run a switch for the second runners on the cyclone so when I'm just farting around and not hitting high boost I'll have the low end and will be using less fuel then, when I wanna go fast I can flick it and pretty much have a 1g intake and lots of air flow. This is all judging on what the wideband tells me, if I don't like the ratios I'll set it up the way it should be. The new motor is almost ready to go, got the 14b and what not on it now I just need to do the timing belt and get ahold of a 1g throttle body. Tomorrow I'll hopefully have the tranny out and the axles off to be rebuilt and beefed up a little. Now time for pictures.

I like black cars that go fast, wish the shit box could fit a set of 245's...

-John

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:47 am 
Digital Baby Troll

Weak update with no pics, trans is out and I have all sensors hoses and what not marked and noted as to where they go, just waiting on a few parts for the new motor to be put in. Going to try and do the timing belt on the new motor tomorrow. This is way to much fun and the transaxle only weighs like 50lbs, that surprised the hell out of me, thought I'd have some broken ribs when it landed on my chest.

-John

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next