4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:20 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Edited/Updated February 2020 _ Pictures need to be updated and pictures are not showing when I post them so that has to be recitified before I put anymore up without VINS showing.

This is the most current version (see updated timeline above) of the Vin Registry, now that I have decoded as many Mirages as I could using CAPS. I have highlighted the cars listed overseas just
to prove that they do fall inline with the production dates that CAPS has listed and on the door jambs of the respective vehicles, as compared to cars delivered to the North American continent.
The cars overseas that are listed, are in fact delivered to the US, and then were shipped off continent, but members have since seen this posting/site, and have decided that it was beneficial to list
their car with us. If, in the case of cars listed in countries like Puerto Rico that are all but under US control, they are using the same VIN system as we do, so it stands to reason that some of their
cars will always come up with a listing in North American CAPS.

Have you got an original C53a Turbo Mirage or Colt?

Want to add to our database and help us track these cars as they change hands, get all "dolled-up", or worse yet, get passed up at wrecker yards and then get crushed?

If you answered, "YES", to at least 1 of the top 2 questions, then feel free to post your info to myself, Flying Eagle or if I'm not around, the rest of the ADMIN and MODERATOR staff.

To post vehicle information please follow this format and we will add it appropriately to the listings.

DON'T POST YOUR FULL VIN INFO IN THIS THREAD, PM US/ME AND WE WILL UPDATE THE LISTING. THIS IS TO SAFEGUARD WHAT YOU HAVE TO TELL US. BY ALL MEANS ADD YOUR STORIES HERE
BUT GIVE THE FULL VIN TYPE DETAILS IN "PM" FORM TO "FLYING EAGLE".

Okay the Format:

VIN
BUILD DATE DOOR JAMB PLATE - Example March 1988
FIREWALL CODE - Like AKU0XXXXX <- These are the last digits of your VIN so only PM them so as not to be seen if you so desire!
FIREWALL PLATE - Shows color, trim, engine, transmission <- we really need the color because it does not specify in basic CAPS search what color the car is

IMPORTANT!!!!!If you own a DODGE or PLYMOUTH COLT, I have to get the complete listings at this point, because the VIN cannot be decoded using CAPS.

The other big thing on our minds is a listing of any serious modifications that were made to the vehicle such that it cannot be put back to stock: ie the original motor was removed or the shell has a
cage welded in. Do not feel pressured to list your mods under the hood, as this makes many people tense to say the least. We are interested more in the state of the vehicle, than what is in it.

If you answered, "YES" to the PERSONAL STORY question of having seen a C53a turbo at the wrecker/elsewhere, can you document the VIN info as above and/or share whether or not the car may
have been crushed since you last saw it, or came back to find it already crushed? If you know of cars located at wrecking yards and can get the VIN at a minimum while you are there, it would be
greatly appreciated. We need to know where these cars are going. Even if you cannot get the VIN, the location of yet another C53a turbo car is better to be known than not at all.

If you have owned a C53a turbo car and have sent it to car heaven or have since sold it but may still have the VIN info, or if the buyer is a member here, please feel free to post about it.

Any and all VIN information will be used for positive reinforcement of the site and it's members, not for personal gain of the moderator staff or the site users. We will not allow the full VIN's to be
displayed so that people will be in harms way. The full viewing of this database is in it's infancy, so please bare with us until we sort a database method of delivery to your screen and viewing pleasure.

All model codes taken from the following Chrysler Publication (Printed in Japan) Factory Service Manual (ISBN or Manual # 81-270-9011) Volume 1 Engine, Chassis, Body Colt/Summit Colt Series 2000

All 1989 MY Vin "Z" 1.6L DOHC turbocharged Hatchbacks
Dodge and Plymouth

United Sates

Federal:
C53AMNPTL2D

California:
C53AMNPTL7D
(Can also be sold in Federal States!)

Canada

C53AMNPTL3D
Federal Emission only from what I can surmise

Mitsubishi
Not originally sold in Canada. Mitsubishi came to Canada in 2002.
Federal:
C53AMNPTL2M

California:
C53AMNPTL7M

Fun facts:

All 1989 Vin "Z" 4g61t cars were available in one of only four colors (solid, not two tone!):
Black X15
Red R52
Silver H84
White W09

~1500 1989 Vin "Z" cars were released for sales. This was the last run of turbocharged engines for general sale in a Mirage/Colt, in North America.

900 Mirage and Colt C53A, and 600 Colt C53A turbo chassis's are the total number of cars that make up the ~1500 C53A turbo cars for North America. As of yet, there are no official USDM/Canadian market production breakdown numbers that I have been made aware of.

Per Shawn B - "This was a question long ago and with the help of a friend via the department of motor vehicles the number of accounted vehicles are as such 900 mirage turbos 600 colt gt with the gs sedan and hatchback being the rarest -i have only seen 1 hatch and 2 sedans with the non turbo motors"

The serial number on the firewall (painted red over top) and separate of the rivetted and stamped code number plate, contains the last serialized digits of the VIN.
This can be a good way to check if the firewall code and door jamb plates are a match.

All C53A Federal Emission VIN's are listed as both "MMNA" and "Puerto Rico & Guam" markets within ASA Mitsubishi Motors North America 2007-12-28.
All C53A California Emission VIN's are listed only as sold within "MMNA", and more specifically California, USA.

Registry photo snaps were up to date as of January 2017, there are more vehicles that are listed but not pictured yet.

Last edited by Flying Eagle on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:00 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:19 am 
Some call me a god

I love the idea. As i emailed you before and we've talked about it.

Build date TAG: (driver door jamb plate)

Model-C53AMNPTL2M
Eninge- 4G61
Trans Axle - KM210
Color. Trim- W09 (random number) 04A A84

car is no longer around. It got send the to scrap yard and crushed. :(

Image What if everyone did what i did. Just put the Firewall plate up? and then some of the major mods.
Example..

Fire wall plate.

Model-C53AMNPTL2M <<-- don't forget to add these number/letters as they show the optioning of your car!
Engine-
Trans axle-
Color. Trim-

2.0 or 1.6?
2.0 trans or 1.6 trans?

Just a few questions that will give people an idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:29 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Well, Bill Spruill's car bit the dust and is being resurrected. Bill is okay, but I'm hoping I can get some info from the frame before it goes caput.
Quite possibly the only original OWNER of a C53a Turbo that is still posting here on the board. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:30 pm 
Some call me a god

I am all up for putting on the fire wall plate info, I just want to stay away from the idea of entering the vin number.

I had a problem registering a car, insurance company said there was non-repairable damages that they couldnt tell me about. Did a vin search on it, it was never in an accident or not even one claim on it. There was a possibility that some one took the vin and did some illegal things to it. Still dont know what happened. Thats why i dont want the vin number listed anywhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:20 pm 

I think this is great idea as well. Once I find time and remember I'll write all my info down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:49 pm 
Some call me a god

I will grab my firewall plate info, damn it, its cold out there. About -20 celcius without the wind chill. Good thing the garage is only 40 feet away

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:09 pm 

i'll try posting my numbers tomo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:44 pm 
The Silent Administrator

So, I am going to have to ask ALL current members that have turbo cars to think about this too, and just pretty much get those numbers to me. Times a wasting! 8)

VIN's won't be displayed in the final edit for public viewing. This info will only be viewable by me at this point, and then it will be input to the database.

So, what is the biggest hurdle for people at this point, that is holding them back from submitting? .... other than not having seen this thread yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:34 pm 
CSM Junkie

I have been busy as hell lately. I know I said I would get you the info about 2 weeks ago, but I will have it tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:53 pm 

Quote:
So, I am going to have to ask ALL current members that have turbo cars to think about this too, and just pretty much get those numbers to me. Times a wasting! 8)

VIN's won't be displayed in the final edit for public viewing. This info will only be viewable by me at this point, and then it will be input to the database.

So, what is the biggest hurdle for people at this point, that is holding them back from submitting? .... other than not having seen this thread yet?
Pretty much just laziness and not really seeing what is gained by having a database of VINs. Doesnt mean its not a good idea, I can try to get you mine today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:01 pm 
Some call me a god

Well sorry for my delay but here is my stuff:

Model- C53
Engine- 4G61
Tans Axle- KM210
Color Trim- H84 04A C32

Car had last summer a 4G63t, KM210 tranny with aluminum flywheel, 14b

On blocks now with: 4G63t, AWD tranny (aluminum flywheel) + rear diff, 20G turbo, huge FMIC, alcohol injection, touch screen HMI, gm maf setup
With hopes of being done this summer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:15 pm 
The happy administrator

I think the combined effect of being a rare car plus the rarity of the owner stumbling on this site will keep that list pretty small. Why not do one of all csm's?

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:28 pm 

model: c53
eng: 4g61
t a : km210
c t : w09

mods on the car right now:
4g63
dsm fwd tranny
50trim turbo setup
tial 38mm wg
2.5 o2 housing
tial bov
race fmic
dsmlink setup

Last edited by slow1g on Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:02 am 

Don't still have the car but I had colt gt turbo #4 ever built. LA Auto Show Car. Built 3/88 according to the date tag. Most parts had 1/88 on their date codes. Red with power windows and mirrors, Cruise Control, Flip up sunroof. Finally retired the car with over 200K miles.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:22 pm 
The Silent Administrator

bmw88rider,
Plymouth Colt GT or Dodge Colt GT? Colour?
Probably don't have any of the old ownerships with the VIN and such still lying around eh? Very cool having such an early production car though! Those are the stories that I like to hear, they can certainly build interest for some of us here on the board.

CVD, a VIN registry will help us allow new members to track their cars, if they had previously been owned by someone on the board, or off the board that may have never posted much here. Heck, they may be living in Florida and end up with a car that has been owned on the other side of the country. It's just nice to know where these cars are going, where they are now, and it cannot hurt to gather all this info, it keeps me interested for one!

mechacode, a VIN registry of CSM's would keep me running around with my head cut off unfortunately. I'm sure an input menu to a database would speed things up, but I'm not a programmer of all that is PHP. :oops: Turbo car VIN keep me hopping at the end of a long day at work. :D Millions of cars to database is a rather LARGE project.

slow1g, do you have the rest of the colour trim info? I'm missing your trim code. Hope it isn't still too cold out your way! :xmas:

bmw88rider, Plymouth GT or Dodge GT?