4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:27 pm 

I though I should share this with everybody. On July 6 I order a 2.0 long rod from sbr, they say the built time for the block is 3to 4 weeks.. Is been 2 months and noting yet. every time  I call to find our the status of the built I get a different story.. The last time i called they said sorry, but we only have one guy to built and machine engines and we sell 4 engines a week.Hey buddy that's not my fault and plus I order my 2 months ago. They always have adds on tuners saying Blocks ready to ship, so I wonder where is my? or the money I pay them already is been use on other builts. That is bad customer service and satisfaction. Not only order the block but I also order tons of parts for the new built, I received wrong parts. I order half size valve and I received standard size and when i contact the sales person all he told me that that was the part# they gave him for the parts and everything i order was missing the invoice. What type of company is this, is like I don't know what I'm paying for or have any prove of what I'm paying... There prices are good but to meet customer satisfaction they need to meet both. Prices and service.. Over all from what I hear they built good engines but I won't find out until next year cus it looks like I won't be getting my anytime soon and racing season is about over.
I don't think I will be dealing with them anymore.. So if any of you guys thinking about doing business with them, do it around winter time and hopefully you will get it by the summer lol.. But real talk, that's not good for business. 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:47 pm 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

Yea, its not a seasonal thing, a few other members have complained about there slow service, poor customer support, and lack of communication. Just typing "slowboy racing problems" in google gives you an idea. They aren't just doing it to our members.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:53 pm 

Yea man, is really bad.. And i dont even hear from them, if i dont call them i dont know whats going on... never again, first and last....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:54 pm 

Welcome to the past 5 yrs. And their engines suck as well. Plenty of horror stories on the net about their motors coming apart too. The best prices don't always mean the best place to buy. Be prepared to argue a LOT regarding the WRONG parts THEY fruit and banana up on. When you ask for the CORRECT parts, they will charge you a 15% restock fee, and then you get to hope they have the correct parts in stock. Of course they will tell you they are in stock, but doesn't always mean they are.

Overall, I wouldn't order a single nut or bolt from SBR.

The latest and greatest SBR fruit and banana over another potential customer.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/service-pa ... worst.html

Last edited by QWKLIL4 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:57 pm 

Trust me i wont do it again.. To bad i cant get my money back, at this point i dont even want the engine anymore....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:01 pm 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

extremepsi/forcedperformance all have about the same prices as SBR and without the hassle. I'm not advertising for them, but I have had small issues with both of there companies, and they both made it "right".

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:30 pm 

Not at all i understand you, and i thank you for the advice. Im going to check them out.. I just call my credit card company so they could dispute the charge, i dont even want the engine anymore..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:38 pm 

i work with two guys that used to work for sbr while going to collage in pa they had these guys porting stuff that never ported anything in there life sbr give them tools tell them to port such items and put them for sale they would burn through exhaust manifolds while porting them and they would weld them and then be for sale :( after hearing that i would never buy anything from slow boy racing its hard to say what other shady stuff they put out