4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:20 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Hey all, glad to be a part of the CSM crowd! I mainly play with rotaries as my main projects and am currently building a monster of an FC RX-7, however I wanted a more fun daily driver.
My Best Friend / Fabricator is a huge DSM guy and has experience with a lot of these engines. So when he told me about our other friends little hatch I had to go check it out.

Turns out the hatch was quite the car! Interior is in great shape, it rides pretty well overall and it runs fantastically. It has some upgrades many DSM guys run.
Which include genuine Evo III 16G, Evo III exhaust manifold, FMIC, 2G MAF, FP2 Cams, 1000cc injectors tuned for E85 and its currently running 24 psi!
Least to say its an absolute blast to drive and a much needed upgrade from my old Honda Civic haha. I fell in love with it the first time I drove it and I had to take it home.
It has its issues like 17" wheels which rub everywhere, self tapped to install BMW headlights and blue "HIDs". I definitely need to find some stock headlights and corner lights soon.
I've already installed a set of ARP head studs and cleaned up the engine bay in order to tidy it up a little. The car was put to the side once my other friend started modding his Galant VR4 so it needed a good cleaning!
I've already bought some 16" wheels and will be ordering some smaller but wider tires as soon as they get here. I want it to handle decently again after all.
I'll post some pictures once I get a chance to snap some in the day time! its got its imperfections but its a great running car and I've been enjoy the heck out of it!

I'm looking forward to learning and seeing what all goes down here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:41 am 
Some call me a god

Welcome!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:18 am 

Welcome,
I love watching the rotary imports at the Pan Americans, the noise is indescribable!
Need some pic's.
Mark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:29 am 
Some call me a god

Any pictures or info on the car? Is it silver with some front end damage?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:03 pm 
CSM Junkie

Welcome aboard

Keane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:34 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
Welcome!
Quote:
Welcome aboard
Quote:
Welcome,
I love watching the rotary imports at the Pan Americans, the noise is indescribable!
Need some pic's.
Mark
Thanks all! Good to be here.
@win0857 Yeah rotaries have got to be one of my favorite sounds ever. However a 4G6x engine sounds damn good as well.
Quote:
Any pictures or info on the car? Is it silver with some front end damage?
Actually yes it is the same car you're thinking of. Funny enough this thread http://www.4g61t.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=38784 which is a couple threads down is the guy I bought it from.
Looks to be the same car you used to own I gather? I plan on fixing the front end a bit better and overall just making the car look good again. Not too much work to do in all honesty.

New pictures coming tomorrow hopefully and the new wheels should be on the car in a couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:08 pm 
Some call me a god

I just rescued the car. That nick dude in Colorado springs is the one who ruined it. As well as the other car he bought from me. My friend is the one who wrecked the car. Driving drunk. I "fixed" the issues and made it drives me and useable again. That was my main goal was to get it back on the road. Glad to see it still lives.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:04 am 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
I just rescued the car. That nick dude in Colorado springs is the one who ruined it. As well as the other car he bought from me. My friend is the one who wrecked the car. Driving drunk. I "fixed" the issues and made it drives me and useable again. That was my main goal was to get it back on the road. Glad to see it still lives.
Well by fix I mostly mean replace the bumper and fender(s) in due time. The repair was done well enough and I'm glad you chose to save it! Not too many of these around anymore. Sad to hear it was wrecked from such a dumb mistake. Oh well it's been in good hands as the last owner did quite a lot of fixing himself. Time to make it pretty again and slowly bring it back to 100%

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:44 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

The 1g seats on your Hatch used to be mines then I sold them to one of the previous owners, I think he later sold that hatch to someone else in CO, then later someone from NM bought it...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:46 am 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
The 1g seats on your Hatch used to be mines then I sold them to one of the previous owners, I think he later sold that hatch to someone else in CO, then later someone from NM bought it...
Oh really? Well thats cool, the seats sit WAY high in this car though. I need to cut / re-weld the mounts and lower them a good two inches or so. Feels like you're driving a truck because of the seat height haha.

Minor update, finally got some new wheels and tires for the car! Got a hold of some freshly refinished Super Advans, 16x8 +34 offset. They fit 225/45/16s perfectly and they car rides so much better now. Getting an alignment next week and replacing the rear struts while I'm there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:19 pm 
CSM Junkie

We are about to have twins. I am refinishing mine to that same color scheme. I bought the powder in the fall but haven't finished polishing the lips yet. My car is even silver too! Glad to see they'll look as good as I imagined. Although my car will hopefully be like 2" lower and I'll have a 205/45 tire instead.

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=35495&start=90

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:49 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Looks way better with those wheels!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:30 pm 
Looking good-love the wheels!!