4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Life goes on....
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:47 pm 
Some call me a god

Many of you have no clue who I am, so I won't feel offended if only but a few chime in. :lol: For those who do know me, this is an update for you.

After dotting across the country and making it back home, I found myself contemplating my next move. Do I go back to school, start my own business, or simply go back to work on the farm here? I worked many jobs between August and now, although I was taking work where I could, none of which was really paying bills or getting me further ahead. I finally settled on the dreams of working for my previous employer (farm) starting end of this month, running my own produce farm (in conjunction to working) on a two acre chunk of land my family owns, and focusing on making my mirage a screaming machine instead of running her as a daily driver.

That was until a few days ago.....now I've completely changed direction. I'm leaving to truck driver school soon, not because I feel like my life is out of options (it's not at all), but because it's a dream that I have been putting off for over 6 or 7 years now. I went completely unprepared when I headed to the DMV today for taking my written class-A CDL license tests. Last time I glanced or studied the manuals was.....wow...lonnnng time ago. :o I passed 2 out of 3 tests, and I am going back next Wednesday to retake the third one. I'll get all of that out of the way. Whatever life I've started over here again I intend to button up before starting school. Feels like a mixed blessing right now. Giving up on a few dreams at this moment here, to follow this one dream, that should enable me to successfully and financially come back to them in the future with no BS standing in my way.

I keep looking out the window at the Mirage and thinking how much of a shame it will be to let it sit there. Sure, I would have the money within a year to let someone else fix it up and make it fast while I am out over the road.....but that would take the fun out of it. Nobody has ever touched my car but me, so it wouldn't feel right anyways. It bugs me that somebody else with money has the opportunity to give it life....and I feel essentially guilty to hold the car back from becoming what it could be. I've never had this feeling in all the 4 years of ownership.....never thought I would say it, I love the car so much to let it just sit. If I found a local buyer that I could trust whom wouldn't whore it out for parts, it would be on the market tomorrow. Truth is, there aren't many people in this area who might take it on. Of course, that's what I said about my Colt....and it sold in less than one hour, but I have a lot more attachment to my Mirage.

Go figure....started this post to tell everyone my positive news about starting a new career....I end up getting sentimental about my Mirage. :hammer:

Post subject: Re: Life goes on....
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:20 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Glad to see you back, as I had been wondering just how Incoltnito you had gone for a while, but it was up to you to give us an update!

Follow what makes you happy, and gets things done; like paying the bills and allowing you to move forward in life. Then never look back
and make the best with what you have.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:40 am 
Some call me a god

just follow your dreams, put everything you have in it so in the end you'll have no regrets. goodluck with the new endeavour!

http://www.4g61t.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18146

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:02 am 
Some call me a god

Hahahaha....I had gone very incoltnito! I came back and worked out some problems that I had loaded on myself for years, all very personal.

Thanks for the support, guys.....I will take your advice to follow my dreams. I'll always have a hankering for this site and the people here. You all are really great people to me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:33 pm 
2nd Banana

The car can wait, man. Do what you need to do for yourself, and improve your station in life. Then come back to the car when you've got money, and you're more established, and build the crap out of it. Glad to hear you're making moves and getting stuff done. You won't regret it.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:39 pm 
The happy administrator

It's better to let it sit for a year than to live with the regret of selling! Good to hear you're back on your feet bro.

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:38 am 
Some call me a god

edit ***Read my next post....I'm selling! Advice is understandably biased around here****
You guys are right....I'm keeping the car. No matter who I talk to, they give me the same advice! The car and I are like conjoined twins, forged together through destiny....or something like that.

I'll keep y'all in the know how this all turns out in a few months. :salute:

Last edited by Incoltnito on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:53 am 
Some call me a god

I'm actually working on getting my class B CDL, just took my first test last friday and missed passing by one question.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:16 pm 
Some call me a god

Changed my mind...yes, again.....the car is for sale. Not even going to bother posting it here though, because nobody in the org lives near me at all. I can always buy another car down the road.....it's not the end of my life.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:38 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
.....it's not the end of my life.
Are you sure about that. :lol:

07 ZX6R

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:39 am 

Sometimes we have to do things we don't like but at the end of the day these are just cars. We put our lives into them and they allow us to vent our frustration (even though sometimes they cause it :lol: ). Do what you need to do to improve your life and step out in faith. Although rare, you can still find these cars in super nice shape on the cheap so you can always buy another one down the road. Good Luck with whatever you decide and be sure to pop in from time to time to keep us updated. If you're ever in NC look me up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:49 am 
Some call me a god

I agree with Chris, I've been struggling through some things as well, and as. Ad as I don't like saying it, cars can be replaced. I've even considered selling my cars. I'm no saying I'm going too, but being open about the idea has helped me alot. Follow your dreams, you will make it. If you find yourself in north AL look me up..

84 GMC K3500
85 Dodge D50 Diesel Swap
90 Mighty Max V6
89 Mirage Turbo
94 Mighty Max
99 Montero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:09 pm 
Some call me a god

Thanks for the support everybody.....it's true that I've needed guidance lately, and hearing from some of you confirms what I was feeling about the situation.

I would be honored to meet y'all out there as I criss-cross the country. I'll have the ability to take a day or two off at a time, and from a company terminal I can rent a car to travel. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:53 pm 
Some call me a god

Maybe a little update is in order now. :^D

I passed all three written tests and bought my CDL instruction permit.....that was a WAYYY cool feeling! Of course, I sold my mirage recently, so it's now in someone else's hands and not in the back of my mind constantly. Talked to my recruiter today and I continue to get stuff squared away here at home. I'm thinking in less than a couple weeks that I will be off to trucking school and onward my new career. Scariest part right now is dotting my i's and crossing my t's. No matter how innocent, one stupid mistake or misinformation on my application will bar me from school....so I'm in process of doing a background check on myself (my crazy life) to make sure it is all correct on paper.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:20 am 
The happy administrator

You know if you pass through wisconsin, you're gonna have to visit with me, pma, lilevo, and possibly harv and maroonmetallic. :partyman:

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd