4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:40 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: RIP Hilda A Keeton
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:11 am 

My Grandmother passed away this morning around 3AM. She's been in and out of the hospital and nursing homes for the past 6 months. We had dinner with her last night which was awesome. We had the entire PA family with her and it was a good meal. She cried alot last night because I think she knew the end was near. She hasn't been doing well because her heart had an irregular rythym and she hasn't been able to get around as easily for the past 6 months. She fell and shattered her pelvis and it's just been downhill ever since. She lived with my aunt and uncle since my grandfather passed away in 96 and my aunt is an RN so she was able to take good care of her. She lived a long life and all she kept saying was that she wanted to live long enough to see my son and God willing, she did. We got to take some good family pics last night with her because we all knew that the end was near. With my wife being pregnant we have pictures of her with her hand on my wife's belly and my son giving her a kiss. She was my only grandmother as I never knew my grandparents on my mom's side because they died before I was born. My grandfather was 74 when he passed and I was 13. I was also the first one to find him when he had gone. Yesterday was also my grandfather's birthday so it was fitting. I still don't think it has hit me yet but when it does it'll be hard. I bent down and gave her a hug and a kiss last night and said that I'll see her later. I know that she's in a better place where she doesn't have to hurt or worry anymore. There's alot of family members there to keep her happy. She was a devout Christian and she loved the Lord so I know where she is. I don't know why I am posting this here, I guess just to have somewhere to vent. Thanks for listening and caring guys.

Hilda Alberta Keeton
Born May 5, 1925
Died October 23, 2011
*You will always be missed*

Caleb 3/17/12 8 lbs 15 ozs 20 inches

Post subject: Re: RIP Hilda A Keeton
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:20 am 
2nd Banana

Sorry for your loss. I lost my Grandma in a similar manner. She had a rare form of leukemia and her health degraded extremely quickly. When she was diagnosed she was only given 2 months to live, and she only lasted about 4 weeks. We had her under hospice car, so she was living in our house with us the entire time, so we all got to be around here during those lost few weeks. I think it helped a lot to be with her. It's always sad, but you know she is in a better place now.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:36 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Sorry for your lost.

Martin.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:51 am 

Thanks for the kind words guys. I had an eerie feeling last night because she was kind of nodding like she was going to pass out or something. I am just so thankful that the Lord gave me the opportunity to say goodbye and tell her how much I love her before she went because while I was at my grandparents house the night before my Pap went I never got to say goodbye to him. It kind of left an empty void in my heart. She was 86 and lived a long and fulfilling life and the fact that she is home now gives me a lot of comfort.

Caleb 3/17/12 8 lbs 15 ozs 20 inches

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:42 pm 

Wow, sorry to hear this Rob. You and your family are in my prayers. I'm sure the way everything worked out with the dinner and all meant a lot to her and the family. Glad everyone got to say their goodbyes!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:53 pm 

Sorry for your loss. God bless.