4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Whats up guys?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:48 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Hey, I'm fairly new to the forums here, although I've used this as a great resource in the past few months. Figured I'd drop a line in and start to become a regular member around here. My names Jon, just turned a whopping 19 last May, so excuse the occasional stupidity. I'm a born and raised local of Kentucky. I'm married to my job already, as a Warehouse Lead at Zappos.com Fulfillment Warehouse. (Btw, anyone wanting a new pair of shoes or clothing at a 20% discount, send me a PM. Free shipping too. Whole order 20% off :yawinkle: )

Ok, on to the good stuff. I bought a Japan-Made 1991 Dodge Colt last November, with 180K on the odometer, the body is in amazing condition, PO painted it Canary Yellow, and I re-upholstered the seats in black leather with a yellow racing stripe down each one to match. The little 1.5L ran great up until May, and I had a head gasket leak. Sadly, I'm a novice mechanic at this point, learning a lot as I go, so I wasn't confident in my skills enough to swap in a 4G63T, as much as I wanted to. So I ordered a new 1.5L so I can get it going for now. Ended up procrastinating and taking close to two months before I actually started work on swapping the blown engine out for the new one. But, after buckling down spent all last weekend getting it going, and everything is running strong. Now that I have a new engine, that I can rely on, it's time to start looking into sourcing a 4G63T. :twisted:

Post subject: Re: Whats up guys?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:15 am 
Some call me a god

Forget turboing the Colt, turbo that 944!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:16 am 

Welcome to the forum! My advice would be to go to the archives and read until you have a headache :lol: . There's a ton of good info there. Also I'm pretty sure only the 89-90 models were built in Japan and shipped over. I believe the 91-92 models were built here at the DSM plant.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:58 am 

The porsche was an unexpected addition, but I have looked into turboing it and sadly the stock NA engine is like the 4G15s here. Cant handle boost, so dont even try. Im working on a deal with a guy in Indiana to trade straight up for his stock 87 944 S2. His has about 40k more miles and the intrrior isnt as fresh. But its an S2 944.

Also, first letter of my VIN is "J" and most parts offered by the local parts companies are just slightly off. So I may be wrong but I could be wrong. Regardless I love my CSM. Pics soon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:02 pm 
Some call me a god

What is the month of manufacture? I wonder if it isn't a "border-line" car.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:00 pm 

I'll have to tell you tomorrow. Timing belt began to slip, caught it before it went out though. Saving my brand new engines valves. But I have never done timing and honestly I'm scared to just go at it. So it's at my local mechanics getting the engine re-timed. I'll hopefully be able to tell you tomorrow or Monday. It'd be exciting to find out I have a rare-ish '91 Japan-made Colt. Cause god knows I have a time trying to find random parts to fit the damn thing. Got to custom order brake pads regularly right now. I'm replacing the calipers, rotors, and pads next Monday, I'm going to try to get the American versions to fit so I don't have to pay $60 for some cruddy custom fitted Axxis Organic pads that hardly stop me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:13 pm 
CSM Junkie

Welcome!

For the 944, there is only one way to go:

http://www.renegadehybrids.com/

'17 Fiesta ST

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:39 pm 

Thank ya much. And I actually found out about the LS1 swap the day I bought the car. I've been seriously considering it, but I'd kinda like to run the Porsche in a few AutoX events through Porsche Club of America. And to meet class requirements in the class I'm aiming for I have to have a Porsche engine that came in some trim of the car. I could do open modifieds, but I'd get STOMPED by some of these guys out there that have done god knows what to their car. I'd like to at least have a competitive chance.

As far as the Colt. For a brief period after buying the Porsche, I was starstruck, and considered just leaving the Colt as is and using it as a DD. Well, the more thought I put into it, the more I realize, I love my CSM. So I think I might just keep the Porsche stock DD it for the most part, as it only has 83K original miles on it, and then make a monster out of my Colt.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:41 pm 

Been a while, a few updates:

I am working on selling the Porsche 944, just not that interested in it. Got it running though, just needed new injectors. Although, with the exit of this car comes the entrance of another. In talks to buy a bone stock 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX. I'm looking forward to the AWD fun. :D

More on that later. Good news, I've got some pictures from my trip to Import Alliance Fall 2011 Meet, which I might add was ridiculous fun. In short, hot cars, hot women, and hot pursuits lol. All in all a great trip.

Now to the good part. I introduce you to my beloved Colt affectionately named Tina. The paint is PPG Dark Lemon Yellow, interior is gunmetal grey and bright yellow leather.

And a quick view of my interior, more of this to come later:

Also, on the '91 Japan made note, my car is a border line car, sold in the '91 calendar year, but made in end of the '90 builds. So, I've found that I actually own a '90 Dodge Colt, just titled incorrectly.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:46 pm 

nice car..minus the heavy ass speaker box lol...

only got 4 words for you son.

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:46 pm 

:butthead: pull :butthead: up :butthead: your :butthead: pants :butthead:

LOL

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:00 pm 

Thank you, I try to keep her in good shape. As for the speaker box, right now, seeing that I'm lacking a 4g63t, I'm aiming for a more well-rounded DD than a balls to the wall track car. Which is to come in the future, just not right now. I like my A/C, my amazing highs and deep lows, and my damn good gas mileage. Power and light-weight will come later.

And I swear its the shirt lol. I had just bought that yellow IA shirt, it was a large but fit like a near small, I'm not one to complain though. I actually had to pull my briefs up to keep from showing too much skin lol. So I'm not really sagging as much as giving myself a wedgie to keep the skin show down