4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:13 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:21 pm 
Negative Nancy

Quote:
Get on, get up, come on get down with the sickness. You fruit and banana come on, come on get down with the sickness, madness is the gift that has been given to me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvxCK7mPfrw

Sounds like that intro or outro from the movie the CRAZIES.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:08 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Nice to see you're feeling better man! :wishes:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:57 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Happy to hear there is a measure of control that can be exerted on the situation.
Very happy to hear that you and the wife can keep on track too, that time is just as important
as the kid time.
Keep us posted, cause we do think of you.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:19 pm 

Haven't updated this in a while and figured I would for anyone still reading. I am still having some stomach issues, now that I am watching what I eat and eating smaller meals it seems I can pinpoint things better. I notice the pain more after meals and its worse when I'm sitting or laying down, as long as I am standing its very faint or not there at all. Figured I would mention this to the doc on my next visit and if he writes me another prescription I'm going to make him eat the paper :lol: . Just kidding.

I have done a ton of searching online and it seems a lot of my symptoms match celiacs disease. Now I don't claim to be a Dr. and I am sure a lot of different things all have similar symptoms so I may be way off. Still think its worth mentioning though.

We are still praying daily, attending church and reading the bible. Still walking daily and I am down to 189, now my new goal is 175 :P . Again, keep me in your prayers!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:40 am 

I just wanted to update this thread again. Lately I have been spending more time in prayer and reading the bible and trying to understand it and how it applies to my life and what I am going through at this time. A few weeks ago while reading Job my eyes were really opened and I felt terrible afterwords. Here I am whining and complaining about a few stomach issues and look at what this man went through. For those that don't know he was a rich man who basically lost everything including all of his children and his health and wealth. His faith was being tested. Put in his shoes I can almost guarantee you that I would have turned my back on God but he didn't. In the end he passed the test and ended up with twice as much as he had before hand.

This made me stop praying for healing and instead pray to grow closer to God and have a real relationship with him. I mean how would you feel if every time you heard from someone all they did was tell you their troubles and ask you for things? I know I would get tired of hearing it. I see now that was not the purpose of this disease. I look back over these past few months at the conversations that I have had with some of you, had I not been hurting I never would have talked about God. When you're on top of the world and everything is going your way you don't really need him. It's when we are suffering that we cry out to him.

I stumbled upon these links on Youtube while searching for something else and felt led to watch them for some reason. I really wish you would take a few minutes and watch them too as it may answer some of your questions. Especially those that have been hurt in the past or don't believe in God. I'll warn you, they're over 40 minutes each but what's an hour or so of your life if it could change it forever?

http://youtu.be/Wy8jCtTXON4
http://youtu.be/PXvm6mwFiNY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:18 am 
The Silent Administrator

I know a few Celiacs, well I am actually closely related to them; aunts and my grandfather and his sister (passed now).

They were allergic to gluten, and would lose weight if they were consuming it, and they were already super thin to begin with. I believe 4 members in 2-3 generations on my dad's side have lived with, or been diagnosed (finally) later in their lives with this condition. I don't know a lot about it, but eating gluten would result in stomach pain afterwards IIRC. So, those super big plates of spaghetti probably didn't look so good to them unless it was made with gluten free pasta. Lots of products out there for gluten free diets at the super markets locally, but it is still a small market and that makes the groceries a little more expensive. I hope I don't get a diagnosis along these lines, but thankfully between my brother and I, we weigh more an any other member of my dad's side of the family for quite a few generations; I weigh in at 140/5'9"-32 yrs old, brother in at 165/5'8" - 30 yrs old.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:55 pm 

Tim, I did a little more reading and it seems some people have celiacs and some are just gluten intolerant. I figure I have nothing to lose by trying this diet for a month or so just to see if my condition improves. I have been on it a little over a week and it seems I am a little better but who knows? It may be in my head :rolleyes: . A ton of people get tested and according to the doctors they don't have celiacs but they continue with the gluten free diet and feel much better. For this reason alone I won't bother with the test, I'll just see how I do on the diet.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:02 pm 
Negative Nancy

At my point in life, I would welcome a push in the direction of weightloss whether it be healthy or not. I would be extactic if I could lose weight even if it were cancer. I have been doomed since the day I was born and feel I am destined to be this way. Maybe it will suface some day, but I am growing tired everyday. This is not a joke, this is how I feel. Maybe this is worse than cancer. I feel in some ways that I am already gone.

R.L.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:18 am 
The happy administrator

Willpower and pride in your appearance. Walk until you're tired every day and you'll find that each day you go a little further and within a month, you'll have lost 10lbs. Do it for a year and that's 120lbs man.

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:13 am 
Negative Nancy

Sometimes I get so caught up in my life that I forget that everyone has their struggles. Not suface and superficial issues but real deep down core issues and life problems.

Ok i'm done thread jackin'.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:20 pm 

I was the same way man, I would cut back all week and then eat one meal and gain it all back. It just takes dedication and healthy choices to lose weight. I have completely changed my eating habits, plus we walk a few miles a day. My energy level has changed a lot. If you ever lose that first 10-15 lbs and start to see a difference and feel a little better it gets easier. Now I look forward to going to the Doctor just so I can weigh and see my progress.

You are right about the struggles. Everyone has something they're struggling with. We all have our little issues or things that need attention.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:10 pm 

Wow, I haven't updated this in a while. The stomach problems are not as severe as they were at once. I am down to 175 lbs or so and my blood sugars are under control. Actually I can control them by diet and exercise only if I really watch it but thats easier said than done. I weened myself off of the diabetic medication and I honestly believe that was causing some of the issues. I started back on the insulin though after seeing that my blood sugar was creeping back up a little. I'll just keep an eye on it and see how that goes. I stopped the gluten free diet a few weeks ago so I guess that had nothing to do with it thankfully. Still bouncing around from church to church looking for one that we can call home. Guess that's about it for an update.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:10 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Good to hear Chris! I was thinking about you today and wanted to check in and see how you're doing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:45 pm 

Im new to this forum, BUT... I'm not new to keeping people in my prayers! So that is a promise that I can keep to you & your family. And for anyone else on this forum in need of prayer or just an ear to talk into, do not for one minute think you cant PM me. I view Gods word to be much more important than some quick pile of sheet metal & wire ties that barely comes to a hault after a low 10 second run! Seriously though... Gods word works!