4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:02 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:12 pm 
Some call me a god

Chris called me today and left a message asking me to relay to everyone that he is in the hospital. He's had some issues with on going ear infections and such. He is supposed to be having an endoscopy done tomorrow. He wanted me to let everyone know, as if someone was waiting for him to send parts out that it may be a few days. Also if anyone is a member over on the "other" Mirage forum to please post up and let members know he hasn't dissapeared, he's just indisposed of for a bit.

Here's to all of us hoping you get better soon Chris! :drinkers:

84 GMC K3500
85 Dodge D50 Diesel Swap
90 Mighty Max V6
89 Mirage Turbo
94 Mighty Max
99 Montero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:43 pm 
2nd Banana

Get better, dude! :heart: :heart: :heart:

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:36 pm 
Some call me a god

Get well soon Chris!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:32 pm 
Owner/Admin

I talked with Chris and he said he is doing fine so far. He will post when he is back up and running strong again.He is just waiting on test results but for the most part he is good and I wish him well. :supz:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:40 pm 

Thanks guys and thanks for relaying the message for me Nate. I am at my mother's house now waiting to get some prescriptions filled before heading home.

As some of you may know I have been a type two diabetic for almost ten years now. Seems it's taking a toll on the nerves in my stomach and not pushing things along as it should. There is a big fancy name for it but I won't bore you with that. This along with a terrible inner ear infection that I have had going on a few months now. It started getting worse even with treatment. Honestly between these two things I have never felt worse in my life.

Hopefully some of the medications and a major change in my diet will have me straightened out in time. I'll just be glad when I feel well enough to get out in my little shop and mess around. Thanks again and I will keep this updated.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:18 pm 
Some call me a god

Glad to hear that your back with us. Hope you get feeling better soon!

84 GMC K3500
85 Dodge D50 Diesel Swap
90 Mighty Max V6
89 Mirage Turbo
94 Mighty Max
99 Montero

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:28 pm 
CSM Junkie

I hope you get well fast Chris!

I was hospitalized for an inner ear infection when I was 15, worst pain I have felt in my life.

'17 Fiesta ST

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:31 pm 

i battled serious ear infections when i was a child. no fun. hope youre on the upswing!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:37 am 
The happy administrator

Had ear infections like crazy as a kid, ended up with tubes in both ears. I had a major infection in both about 6 years ago, severe inner ear pain for a few days until both my eardrums ruptured then blood and puss dripping out of my ears for a week, probably the most disgusting thing I've had happen to me. Then legally deaf for over 6 months and my hearing hasn't been the same since. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. Hope you get better Chris, pop those antibiotics like candy! Be glad someone didn't change your chart to say colonoscopy. :lol:

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:41 am 
Because Race Car

Quote:
Be glad someone didn't change your chart to say colonoscopy. :lol:
When did Tony move to NC?

Glad you're feeling better buddy!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:28 am 

Thanks for the kind words guys. Unfortunately I am back off to the Hospital yet again :cry: . Still feel like crap and I can barely get around, no appetite whatsoever and feeling dehydrated. According to the DR's my ear infection is gone and I shouldn't be feeling any ill effects from it.

I feel sick on my stomach but haven't hardly eaten anything. I am going to try another ER and see what happens. For those of you that pray please pray for me. Like I said earlier, I am 33 and I have never felt this bad before.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:14 am 
CSM Junkie

Get well chris..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:13 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
According to the DR's my ear infection is gone and I shouldn't be feeling any ill effects from it.

I feel sick on my stomach but haven't hardly eaten anything. I am going to try another ER and see what happens. For those of you that pray please pray for me. Like I said earlier, I am 33 and I have never felt this bad before.
They have ruled out meningitis?

'17 Fiesta ST

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:29 pm 
The happy administrator

Have them stick an IV in ya, it'll help. Drink some gatorade and take vitamins too, being really sick takes a lot out of your body.

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:28 pm 

I had IV's since Sunday :lol: . Went back last night to a different Hospital and they did some more tests, gave me morphine for the pain in my stomach and released me telling me to follow up with the gastroenterologist. Instead of typing all this over again, this is the reply I posted on mirageforums.

Hey guys, first I would just like to say thanks to all that posted here. To be honest I have been down a little these past few weeks and that's putting it mildly. It all started with an ear infection which I thought was causing me all of these problems, come to find out that was only part of the problem. I was so weak and dehydrated this past Sunday I asked my wife to drive me to the ER. Well they kept me and starting running tests on me. An gastroenterologist did an upper GI on me yesterday morning and it seems I have something called gastroparesis (google it, it sucks). In a nutshell my being diabetic for many years has started taking its toll on my body. The nerves in my stomach were damaged and it makes it nearly impossible for my stomach to process food like it should.

I have always had stomach issues for almost as long as I can remember and in the last few years they have gotten considerably worse and I just dealt with it. Mentioned it to many doctors and all of them had no clue so they pretty much just tossed it aside. Well now it seems I know what it was, I guess this was getting worse and worse over time. Even with this test my stay at the Hospital was not very good. I was only minutes out of recovery when the doctor came in to explain this to me, I just remember bits and pieces of what he said. Hour later another doctor comes in the room with a different treatment wanting to put me on Reglan (which I refuse to take) saying it will help with digestion. I have tried many times to call the doctor's office that actually did the procedure and all I get is a promise that they will call me back shortly and I still haven't heard anything. Guess I will try again tomorrow.

Meanwhile I am eating soft foods that are easier to digest and trying to monitor my blood sugar. I am very nauseated and somewhat weak but hanging in there. I do ask those of you that pray to please say an extra prayer for me and my family. It's hitting us pretty hard but we're dealing with it the best that we can. My follow up appt with the gastro is not until 6/30 which seems like a year, hopefully if I keep calling they will at least talk to me or agree to see me sooner. I just can't wait until I can get to feeling better. Today is actually a huge improvement from yesterday but I still have a long way to go.