4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:07 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Re: Back home to Idaho?
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:33 am 
CSM O.G.

Quote:
I'm sorryto hear about your dick boss. I worked for a similar guy last summer driving tractor, EVERY ingle thing that he could bitch about he did and then some. We (the guys on the field raking/bailing/scooping 1500lb bales of hay) would coordinate which field was next and who was where via CB and he would bitch about talking too much on the radio, and when we stopped he bitched about not communicating enough and everyone was getting confused. We had a bunch of guys quit for things like that, I just refuse to go back to work there. 12-16hr days 7 days a week makes for nice paychecks, but a hell of a life.
threadjack update... I got an email via fb to see if I wanted to work this year for more money than last year... being unemployed makes it damn tempting but reading this makes me remember all the reasons I don't want to do it.

As far as what the OP should do in the mean time... I would say to check the local craigslist, maybe even put up his own ad. it couldn't hurt.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:58 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
I wish your occupation paid more and was more reliable, have you thought of any other job that isn't farming? No offense, but your like the most homeless 4g61t'r who still posts. I wish I could help ya, but I don't know where to begin :partyman: !
It was paying well, and the hours were starting to crank. But I just so happened to throw a bunch of money towards having a place and all the anmenities when this happened. There isn't any work within 20+ miles from here, even temporary, and worse when you don't have transportation. I've already paid for June rent, so I have a bit of time to figure something out. I have a multitude of places and jobs to fall back on in my home area....it's just affording it that will be the tricky part. Thanks for the concern though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:14 pm 
The happy administrator

Stick it out through summer and get out after the fall harvest. Have you tried yelling back at him? :lol:

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:59 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Stick it out through summer and get out after the fall harvest. Have you tried yelling back at him? :lol:
Nahh man....I don't work for him anymore, period. If it were my choice then I would suck it up and do just that. If you're keen to farming, you probably heard about the worst flooding over here (going to get much worse!) in a hundred years. It will be extremely wet for a couple years....farmers are taking it up the ass BIG time. Enough of that though.

I'm waiting on a clutch kit to get my car going. Then my plans are to drive down to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and rendevous with my dad to help him pack up my mom's belongings in a Uhaul. She's been over in Washington getting chemo for leukemia over the last month and a half, so she won't be returning down south for a while. Then we are going to rent a car dolly and tow the Mirage back to drop off in Idaho. I'll make it back home eventually. Like I was just telling my (ex)boss's wife on the phone yesterday, this whole experience has made me bitter and missing friends/family and the resources in Idaho....I'm leaving North Dakota for certain.

This is a real pain in the arse with only half my usual tools.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:15 pm 
The happy administrator

Is there a lowes nearby you can hang out in front of? :lol: Have a safe drive. :supz:

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:43 pm 
Some call me a god

Haha....don't ask about my previous experiences doing stuff like that. Thanks for the cheer! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:21 pm 
Some call me a god

Okay...thanks to the nice mechanic down the street, I was able to borrow a tool to remove the tie-rod ends from the knuckle. Three full revolutions on one side was off :o and explains the lack of rubber on the inside of my tire. Just waiting on one more part to arrive from NAPA.
I've got just a few days left at my house, and then the 1,100 mile trip to Oklahoma City starts. I had a lot of miscellaneous expenses pop up, and now I am down to begging/borrowing money for gas to make it down there. Makes me upset, because I've had to ask for help one other time in my life and I'm not very good at sucking up my pride. I'm a little over $110 short for my trip.
Mowed the lawn yesterday and got bit by mosquitos in more than ten places....all I got to say is GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!! I'm aching really bad to make it back to where I belong....home...Idaho! If I have to eat oatmeal and pancakes for one more week I am going to die! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:20 pm 
Some call me a god

The new tie-rod end showed up this morning and I have the alignment dialed in better now. I've got about 50 miles on the new clutch..and it seems to be doing it's job. Packing up the computer this evening, so you all won't see me on here for probably a couple weeks. Y'all be good now! Peace out homies... :rock:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:26 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Cheerio and welcome back when you read this! Safe trip, double check all those bolts part way down the road ... er, just kidding. Hate making due when short on tools. 8)