4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Everyone Should Know...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:20 pm 

Well guys today I met up with CincyDSM to trade him my swapped 92 Colt for his 89 Mirage sedan. We met half way and we checked out each other's cars. I notified him of the engine miss and everything I knew of that was wrong with the car (to the best of my knowledge). Him and his buddy drove it and said they could fix it. So we swapped titles and each left.
He was driving home and got about 30-40 miles from our meeting spot and the 4G63t in my old Colt spun a bearing. I absolutely had NO IDEA that anything like this would happen. So needless to say I was shocked beyond belief.
Anyway I contacted Aaron and offered to make it right via a monetary compensation (which I will fulfill) and he agreed.
Everyone here either knows me or should know me by now and everyone knows that I would NEVER screw someone over. I will come through with the money when I get my paycheck and I will make it right. Luckily he has another engine at home. That doesn't make anything alright or even acceptable but it's a good thing I suppose.
I feel terrible. I honestly honestly do. I stressed the whole way home and shook uncontrollably. I'm not like this guys, I don't do this to people intentionally, you all know that.
So I want everyone here to know this situation and I will keep you all updated so everyone knows that this shit cloud will have a silver lining. I take full blame for this obviously and if you all want me gone from the board I totally understand. I feel like a terrible person.
-Rob

Caleb 3/17/12 8 lbs 15 ozs 20 inches

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:05 pm 

Come on man, don't be so hard on yourself. There is no way that you could have known this was going to happen. I mean if my car is acting up I sure as hell wouldn't hop in it and offer to meet someone half way with it.

Props for offering to make it right even though it wasn't your fault. We need more members like you around here.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:13 pm 

Hey everyone,
I want to let everyone know the car is being towed in the AM, no biggie. Thank you Rob for being loyal on the compensation thing. Shit happens man, ive got the other black sitting at a buddies house and will be picking it up this week to hopefully have running by this weekend. Great dude, no bad feedback for this guy, if anything, positive for caring

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:32 pm 
Owner/Admin

Rob, I dealt with you a ton of times and I can say your a stand up dude!!! what a bummer though! -Thats the kinda stuff that would happen to me to. At least you guys are helping each other out :supz:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:32 am 
Digital Baby Troll

Rob to back you up I knew you don't have it is you to rip someone off. It was a bad problem but I know you didn't have any previous knowledge. I'm pretty sure cincy isn't to upset either after meeting you in person.

72 Dodge-Pedo'van

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:42 am 
Some call me a god

If this was any other board, it would have been blown way out of proportion already. I'm sure the parties involved will work something out. There's only so few of us who drive these cars, we should all help each other out. Props to the OP for coming out and trying to rectify things.

http://www.4g61t.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18146

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:15 pm 

Well, After about a full week of work, I have still not gotten the car back up and running yet. I did find the death of the car, which was a hack job of wiring (pics to come). The SAFC randomly off while driving. Not to be a critic, but I did follow the post about the car having alot of time put into it, but didn't know it would be such a nightmare. He has sent me 200 dollars (yet he said 300) this weekend like he stated, and complained about my sedan, which has never been tampered with, and definitely had no half ass job done to anything. Hopefully this car will be back up and running soon, I am getting kind of restless though. Will probably fix and put back up for sale.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:05 am 

Alright this has gone far enough. I'm going to put it all into perspective for everyone. I have 257 text messages to and from this guy. I have been MORE than accomodating. How many people here have ever sold a 20 year old car and offered a warranty with it? (I hear crickets) Well honestly who in their right mind would?
I told the buyer EVERYTHING that I knew was wrong with the car. I never claimed to be a master mechanic nor did I ever say anywhere that this car was in perfect running condition or shape. It's a 20 year old car. I have been getting text message after text message from this kid about things that are wrong with the car. Half of the shit just happened after he got it! I never once sent him any messages about the shit that's wrong with the car I got from him. That's my problem and he doesn't have to deal with it anymore so why would I message him about my problems right?
I mean I've been a member here for a while now and almost everyone here knows me, has met me in person, or has had numerous phone conversations with me. I've made a lot of friends here but never any enemies. I've bought and sold a lot of stuff here and worked hard to get all 3 pages of good feedback from my new and old friends. Hell, look at my Ebay feedback...not one negative mark. So why would I sell this dude a car that was about to break down? Better yet, why would I even drive 2 hours and 40 minutes to meet him if I knew it was about to shit the bed? Nobody would. Nobody with half a brain at least. I've been a respected and respectful member. Ask Paul Mezz, Tony, Dave, Tim Eagles, Chris, hell anyone. I've dealt with them all. Not once have I ever had a complaint about how I do business.
My point is we all get dealt a shitty hand sometimes. Hell I have numerous times with cars. Hell just recently I bought my Cadillac for $6500 with a 1 year/15,000 mile warranty. At the 16,000 mark the engine spun a bearing. Now I'm stuck with a really nice car with a junk motor and a car payment. The point is I didn't go crying to the dealership saying they sold me a junk car and why didn't I? Because they would have told me to pound salt. They wouldn't have offered me some money to help fix it. I've worked at 7 different car dealerships from here to Florida and not one of them would have offered a warranty on a 20 year old car. When you buy the car it says "No Warranty Expressed Or Implied" which is the case with both of these cars.
You all know the story, I've told you most of what has happened, and still he wants to try to make me look bad. Yes the wiring harness wasn't in the best of shape but once again, I'm not a master mechanic and I never claimed to be. The car ran fine other than a miss for the 2 hours and 40 minute drive but for some reason he gets less than an hour from where we met and it spun a bearing...how does that make sense? Whatever.
When he offered me a deal this is the PM he sent to me:

"Hey,
I know you are just looking to sell for something practical, and cheap and easy on gas. I've got an 89 summit, mirage badged with a great running n/a 4g61 in it. I've also got a 6bolt with 272 cams, etc.. heres the listing. You said worst you could say is no so i figured this is a shot."

To this I said:

"I'm really not interested in the engine itself because swapping it makes it harder on me. I just want the car man. It's a win-win for both of us."

Also I have text messages from me to him saying that I just wanted the car and he could keep the motor for a spare in case something were to happen or if he needed the cash. Then I asked him if he would at least throw in a set of 450s, the 16g he was selling, and a 2g manifold. He told me that he really wanted to use the 16g on the car I traded him (my black Colt) and he would take off my Frank Jr turbo and send it back to me with a set of 450s. After I learned what had happened to the car on his way home I offered him $300 and I told him not to worry about sending me the turbo or injectors just to sell them to get some money to help with repairs. WHO DOES THIS? WHO WOULD HONESTLY DO THIS IF THEY DIDN'T GIVE A SHIT? If you bought a car from a dealership without a warranty and you got 15 minutes from there and the engine dropped out of the car they'd tell you to screw yourself. That's the way it is, that's life.
OK, here's another fact. I spoke with my grandfather (who is a PA state constable as well as a former PA state trooper) and informed him of the situation and he said there was no warranty expressed or implied so I lawfully don't have to do anything. The deal is done and what's done is done that's it. I also spoke with a good friend of mine who is a state magistrate (judge) and he said the same thing. So from a legal aspect I didn't do anything wrong. But I'm a person who was raised right so I did what I thought was right and offered to help.
I told him when I went to have the title notarized that after I did this there was no backing out and it was final after that because in PA when you get a title notarized to take to someone out of state that title gets stamped with the sellers name being taken off and the new owner's name being put on along with his or her address. He said he wanted to do it for sure. He was adamant about it. Then after him and his friend test drove it before we traded plates and titles I asked him "Are you happy with it? Are you sure?" and he replied "Yes my buddy knows whats wrong with it and he said he can fix it no problem".
This kid has insulted me, nagged me beyond belief, and didn't stop until I told him not to message me anymore with the problems he's having. It's unfortunate what has happened and I feel terrible about it. But if I was anyone else this kid would've got a "sorry about your luck" and hung up on. I've spoke my mind and I'm locking this topic because it's the end of the story. He's going to get another $100 on Tuesday or Wednesday and that's it. I'm done. He tried to take advantage of my hospitality and doesn't understand that from a legal aspect, I don't have to do a damn thing...it's his problem, just like his old car is now mine. Oh and by the way, I've already had to put $400 into this car and I still have more stuff to fix before I take it for inspection. You guys can think whatever you want of me but here are the BOLD facts about this "deal" and this guy.

Caleb 3/17/12 8 lbs 15 ozs 20 inches

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]