4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:13 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:04 pm 
Some call me a god

Hi all....I haven't really been on here for a while. The little personal time I've had turned me into a lurker, and it has been difficult keeping up on everybody.

Having a change in life, a much needed one. Just about to turn 30 here in October...but I am going to stay 29 forever, so no worries! Positives..let's see here. After years and years of alcoholism, I finally put down the bottle almost two months ago. I was never a drink and drive guy, so ended up drinking alone and only after responsibilities, 90% of my drinking was bingeing at night. It's been hard to get people to start calling me again in the evening to go somewhere. That is slowly changing though. I'm actually on day two of smoking cessation. Just trying to be a better person every day spritually, mentally, and physically.

Nothing panned out on the farm this year as far as income...it was a bum year, period. I work 7 days a week and pretty much all year long, but always having to go to bed early and wake up at 6 am to check in..and now I am totally burned out. I went to go turn in my two weeks on Friday....they had taken off to see the Mariners play in Seattle. They have totally lost track of the valuing their employees....and when I worked two hours a day the whole weekend, I began to stew...and by this morning, I was beyond upset and totally couldn't even mumble a conversation. So, by today or tomorrow, things are going go bad or worse for them...the whole crew is going to leave them, but they can't seem to figure out why the rampant frustrations. Worked there for years and never seen them run the shit out of employees like this year. I am going to be so happy/relieved to have a NORMAL schedule and a life!

I am on a waiting list to be in the Automotive Technician program. The wait could be sometime like 10 months or longer, so I'll finish all my core credits for an associates long before I start the tech program......but it's in the works!!

Decided slightly against doing any mods to the Mirage this summer, mainly due to having to save cash for tuition....but moreover, cause I know better, I will start adding more and more car stuff before I know it. Still blowing the doors off people around here in almost stock form. Some people around town even know about the car now.....the cops like me for some reason and never pull me over. They probably have remembered me making fixes on the side of the road or multiple tows over the years...who knows? I'll be sourcing AWD parts and everything for a 63t swap over this winter....they will all be going into the Colt.

Lastly, I have missing some of you on here....it's been too long since we've talked, friends! You know who you are!

Peace!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:50 pm 
2nd Banana

Glad to hear things are on the up, dude. Keep us posted!

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:25 pm 
Some call me a god

keep it up man!!! Im glad to see your changing positively.

2016 ram 1500

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:43 pm 

I was wondering where you had gotten off to. Glad to see that you are back with us. Good luck on the classes too!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:50 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Do what you have to do to get where you need to go. It all comes down to you and what you feel is necessary. You will have people to back you up, and times I hope, will only get better. Your personality should shine through when you talk to people, so we all wish nothing but the best, wherever it takes you.

Sincerely,

Tim Eagles

P.S. I still don't have the car on the road this season, but maybe within the next few weeks.