4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: 89 "real" Colt GT
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm 
Some call me a god

well, its not actually MY (in the typical sense) car, my brother and dad co own it, I jsut happened to do the majority of the work on it, here's a list of the mods done so far, if memory serves correct. its an original '89 colt gt turbo. when we got the car, a friend owned it previously, he got it with holed valves and a broken turbo, it didn't run when he got it, and didn't run when he sold it to my family. i replaced the valves when he owned it and then foudn the bent turbo shaft, ouch.

as soon as my family got it, they immediately found out a 2.0L could very easily be swapped in, so the search was on, found an oct of 89 eclipse in tampa florida, ddrove down, towed it back for $700. yanked all intercooler and engine related items,
i rebuilt the engine, basically a re-ring job and cylinder hone, new arp rod bolts and head studs, balance shafts removed, slightly polished the exhaust valves, anythign to get more exhaust into the turbo. 2 gen proted exhaust manifold from extreme motorsports, 1g smic, and ventilation for it as found in the engine information section of this site. custom steel 2.25 crimp bent(got them done at a local muffler shop) intercooler piping, trunk mounted battery, and boost cranked to about 15 psi on the 14b, which has been highly ported on the exhaust side, along with o2 housing, 2.5 inch madrel stainless down pipe, 2.5 inch press bent custom exhaust and a dynomax bullet muffler. boost comes on full as early as 2700-2800 rpm. time for a big 16g and possibly a front mont. which i can get as cheap as $450 from a mercedes blower car,
lowered on stock replacement struts and eibach springs from the eclpise(yes, a straight up "bolt on")lowered the car about 1.5 to 2 inches, looks VERY nice, 16 inch rims with 205/45r16 yokohamas, boost, a/f ratio and oil press gauge in custom made gauge pod on dash, with extreme motor sports manual boost controller. also snagged the cd player.tape deck/tuner AND amp from the eclpise, slides right into the colt, nice, sony explod speakers in rear hatch speaker panels, red, matches car well adn pioneer little bitty's up front. got a lifetime warranty clutch from carqwest and rebuilt stock gt axles,and km210 tranny. new pads and rotors up front and factory padsnad rotors out back, thats about all i can think of right now, its nice to see a car that was setting for WELLL over 3 or 4 years to finally be driving and having fun once again, it is a very fun car to drive, i like it alot. and thanks to this site, we could not have gotten all of the work done without y'all,. thanks again.

graham

Post subject: Times???
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:26 pm 

So you did all the work while your cheapskate father and brother get to play with their "toy". Sounds like you got the shaft, but anyways.....With all those modifications how fast has your brother/father been able to run in the 1/4 mile (if they actually race it or just have it for "looks".) because i would like to know some of there times if they have?