4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Update on Myself
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:51 pm 

Well as some of you know I have been diagnosed with severe back problems. I have 3 bulging and herniated discs in my spine along with degenerative disc disease. I haven't had health insurance since October so needless to say I'm in pain constantly.
Work has been really stressful lately due to the fact that we just lost 9 Best Buys and a Value City Furniture so my wife's hours have been cut in half so that screws us. My family is involved with the business and I basically cut my cousin's throat and was promoted to his position. We lost about $140,000 a year in business in less than two months.
I am a co-owner of a commercial cleaning business and unfortunately we are at the mercy of our contractors. When the companies pay their invoices, we get our money. I have four employees working for me and most of them are or were thugs at one point. Great guys but you don't mess with their money (for a good reason).
Anyway I have been having chest pains recently so I decided to go to the emergency room to get checked out. The receptionist in the ER took my blood pressure and rushed me in to see a doctor because it was 168/120. I was basically diagnosed with hypertension stage 2. I was released with a shot in my chest and two scripts for vicodin and prednisone.
But anyway I'm just trying to take it easy do what I can do. I have scrub and recoats at all of my Walgreens (four of them) this week Tuesday through Friday nights as well as a full store carpet extraction on Saturday night at Babies R Us and a strip and wax at the same store on Monday night. I'll have around 60 hours just in extra work this week. But unfortunately I work for salary. But anyway, I just figured that I'd update you guys on my condition and keep you informed.

Caleb 3/17/12 8 lbs 15 ozs 20 inches

Post subject: Re: Update on Myself
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:07 pm 
Some call me a god

Dude, you better take it easy. Your health should be your priority for the sake of your family and child. You will not be able to provide for them if your health fails. I'm a nurse so i know a little about the dangers of hypertension and stress. it's not too late to reverse this problem but you will have to make some lifestyle changes and sacrifices. You need to buy a portable blood pressure machine to check your bp everyday. Exercise more and eat right and lessen the stress.

http://www.4g61t.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18146

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:18 pm 

Rob, you need to take it easy man. Trust me I have first hand experience of what stress can do to you. I had some weird shit go down with my father a while back plus I was working 3rd shift as a team leader and it was super stressful. I ended up in the Hospital for several days with ulcers. I took all that I could take and my body couldn't handle it anymore, my stomach was the weak link.

I ended up stepping down and eventually ended up quitting all together later. Now my life is pretty stress free and although I make a lot less money wise we always have food on the table and the bills get paid every month. My wife/daughter can actually put up with me because I'm not constantly stressed and biting their heads off anymore. Sometimes we are faced with tough decisions. Do what is best for you and your family. The rest will fall into place.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:15 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

You have a 1 year old, just take it easy, do just enough to get by until you're back near 100%. I know it's easier said than done, but you don't want to deal with this for the rest of your life, or have it get any worse.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:16 pm 
Some call me a god

Rob, you have my old number, and I lost your phone number somehow. Send me a pm including it, please. We've both worked really hard and faired through so much. I'm not going to tell you something magical to ease your situation, but I want you to know I can relate, buddy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:44 am 
The happy administrator

Take it easy bro, all that stress isn't worth dieing over.

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd