4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:44 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:17 am 

Hello,
My name is Mark
some of the mirage guys already know me.
but here is some info on me. I own tkrperformance witch use to be a full shop start to finnish, but had to shut it mostly down now and just doing Mitsus now out of my house and went back to work for NWA now Delta. I went to school for auto body and painting.
what I own right now
1998 awd spyder. It has been apart for around 7years now. I bought it brand new off the lot put 38k on it blew the auto tranny and put in a built auto and blew that also. So it is now awd and a 5 speed. I have a fully built 2.0 6bolt for it and a gt45 off a pushback for a 747.
1995 mirage sedan. Fully converted to a oem awd,rhd,evo III. I have a ton in to it and it is my new D.D. got it for free. it had a bad auto tranny and blown head gasket on the 1.5
1995 mirage coupe. has a 4g63 swap in it. It was a car I picked up for 150.00 with a bad 1.8 also did a 5 speed swap. building it just to sell it when it is done.
1992 talon tsi fwd. I got the the car for 500.00 with a blown head gasket. put in a 95 piston/1g rod bottom end,jam cnc head. fixed all the body work and gave it a custom 5k paint job.
1989 mirage turbo. I picked it up as a car with out a motor for 300.00
1951 mercury m-1 truck. It was the first car I ever got I got it when I was 14 and have had it for 15 years now it will never be sold. It has a sbc 4bolt main 400,nova front clip,12 bolt rear end. As of right now it is getting rebuilt for the 2nd time. It is getting the engine built for a 6-71 blower,air ride,4 link, really short 9in rear end so I can get some wide rims under the back.

If you guys are on mirageforums here are a few of the other cars
the evo III
http://mirageforums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=25584
the mirage coupe
http://mirageforums.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=37540
the 92 talon
http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showth ... ting+talon

This is my newest toy. this was the 7th car to replace car #6 that was a 90 eclipse 4g63n/a that the wife drove in the winter. The body on it was rotted out so it had to go.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:27 am 

just coped it all
I just picked up a 89 oem turbo mirage. I worked on this car a few years ago it was a buddys car that was going to be a awd 4202 drag car but never got done. So I picked it up with out a engine (he sold the 2.3 I built for it) for 300.00 and putting a engine in his beater seabring. He is getting rid of all of his mitsu stuff now that he got a viper gts.

what I did to it before for him
new front rotors
new front pads
new front wheel bearings
new lower ball joints
new outer tie rod ends
rebuilt 90 fwd 4g63t tranny with lsd

here is what came with it
90 tranny
light weight 15in rims
3in down pipe back
auto meter oil,boost,narrow band gauges
act 2900
act 6 puck unspron disk
turbo 1.6 axles
auto meter boost,oil press,narrow band blinky light gauge
a few diffrent intake pipes
k&n air filter
act 6 bolt awd fly wheel
yellow top battery
a box of parts

the car inside is mint the car will get a good buffing to bring it back. there is no rust on the car at all. the body was mint but was stored out side for the last 2 years and we had a bad hail storm last summer so it is a golf ball right now. I will fix that latter on.

as for what I will be doing to it. It will be getting a 4g63 na motor and tranny out of the wifes 90 eclipse for now because I have it and her winter car is rustes out. so this will be her new winter car.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:28 am 

pics when I got it home

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:28 am 

her eclipse for the last time before it goes to scrap this week :(

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:29 am 

some for fun 5 of the 6 mitsu's that I have

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:31 am 

worked on it some more today. I put on the 90 turbo tranny with the p.grip I put in it years ago for James. act 2100 p.p. new disk from Craig. act fly wheel. I moved the radiator mounts on the car so I can run a honda 1/2 size in the car. Put the engine in I got all the mounts for the mirage but the front roll stop mount so I used the one from the 90 eclipse and welded on some flat steel to make it work. I started to hook every thing up on the car. I also cut the engine mount off and the most of the power steering bracket to clean it up a little bit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:32 am 

dad and I worked on it most of the day today. we got everything hooked up. picked up a starter from Craig. Came to find out the fly that I got with it was a act awd fly wheel so the tranny came back out. took us all of 20mins to pull it all back out and get the clutch and fly off. I also picked up a frank 4 turbo witch is a tdo6 60trim with a 3in o2 housing that has a HKS 40mm wastegate on it. I traded some parts for it.
the oem n/t down pipe is 2.25. welded on a 2.5 pipe then steped to 3in to meet up with the 3in flex in the down pipe.
as it sits now all back apart no tranny in it
the turbo set up for it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:33 am 

well after a long wed thurs (my weekend)and fri and today in the morring. the car is running and shifting as a turbo mirage with a 4g63n/a engine,ecu,mas
well it all started with
1.act fly was a awd not so good for a fwd tranny
2. got a fwd fly off dsm link had it turned and steped and it ended up being a awd also so that was 30.00 shipped and 47.00 for the work. In the end the guy was super nice on his mix up and sent me my 30.00 back.
3. bought a 2nd fwd turbo tranny for 50.00 from a local shop because the tranny it came with was not a turbo fwd tranny with what the part number was.
4. ended up taking apart the 95 coupe for the awd locked tranny
5. put the act fly back on put on the locked tranny got it all done and it did not work. some one along the line took out the vce and there was not one in there.
6. on fri we welded the extra center diff I had so it would be fwd took the tranny back out and apart.
7. today took apart a fwd tranny I had for the l.s.d. grip insert and put it in the now locked awd tranny put it all back in for the 5 or 6 time in the last 4 days. Now it all works.

Now I just have to fix one of the front brakes it is locked up right now. We also used the 4g 5 speed shifter and cables because it had a 91+ shifter box and the 1.6 cables and they were bent and would not work. Alson cut off 2in off the shifter it self. also had to cut the cable bracket for the shifter on the tranny and make it 1/4in shorter. We also did a custom battery tray under the pass fender/bumper.

Also did alot of other work to the car in the last 4 days. I will get pics of it all soon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:40 pm 
Some call me a god

Wow lots of awesome work on this car! Post some pics up of the AWD in FWD mode. I have a switchable c50ph AWD tranny I want to use too, do you need to keep the transfer case on?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:53 am 
Some call me a god

Welcome to the forums, if you're 4g sedan is any indication. this 89 mirage turbo will turn out great in your hands! Where are you located?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:41 pm 

The tranny is just a std 90 gsx transmission that I welded the center diff in to make it fwd. I am not using a transfer case on it. The vc holds the shaft in the tranny.

I am in MN

I do have a few more pics of it when the wife charges up the camra so I can download them. I also drove it yesterday it was the firs time it has been driven in 5 years. Just have to ajust the shifter cables some more and replace the oilfilter housing it is cracked and leaking

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:58 pm 
Some call me a god

wish you were closer, i would bring you my car to work on the suspension. I'll be checking thsi thread for your updates.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:18 am 

Thats funny, used to be my car. Bought it bone stock back in 02-03. Sold it to somebody named Kyle(i think) and he built it up. I think he sold it to someone else and then you bought it. I was afraid of it being parted out, but looks like its a good hands. I was gonna buy it back but my plate is full.

GL with the project.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:54 pm 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

tkrperformance, welcome to the board!! please add your location in your profile as it is the rules!
Thanks,
-The Managment

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:16 pm 

It is now on the road for the first time in many years.
For now it has
4g63 n/a compleat engine,ecu,mas out of the wifes 90 eclipse
90 awd tranny that I locked
It is going to be a spare car durring the summer and fall and the wifes winter car.

Had to pick up a oilfilter housing because it was cracked and I sold all the extras I had. So I got a 90 cooler set up with push lock an line and a b&m cooler from a buddy that was all new for 90.00

Also picked up a 4th wheel to match the other 3 I had. They are 3g 17in eclipse rims the ones that look like the 2g gsx rims. So the car will be getting a 5 lug swap and 17s soon. I can't stand 4 lug on my cars so I swap them all over to 5 lug. It will also get the dsm big brake kit since I have a few sets of the 2 piston brakes laying around for the front.

Still have pics to post but the internet at home is down so I have been using the phone