4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:13 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:45 pm 
Some call me a god

So as you guys know i picked a 4g coupe and have some big plans for it......I will keep this updated as i go i went to the junk yard and found a cluster for it now it will have a tach woot...The cluster came from a 92 colt....

The car...

The cluster i picked up for it....

Davis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:49 pm 
4g61t Delinquent

92?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:49 pm 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

improbable :-? ...the door jamb maybe said 92, if so then that is a 93 cluster. They didn't sell that generation of csm in north america as 92's.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:32 am 
CSM Junkie

it was probably built 8/92 or something close which would make it a 93 alot of car are like this after say the 6th month of a year they start making the next years car

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:58 am 
CSM Junkie

I'm really excited to watch the progress of this build. There are a couple of 94-95 2 door colts around here for sale and they are starting to grow on me.

Do you have a specific build plan or goal? Just curious if its staying fwd or taking an awd direction. Either way GL with the build.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:55 am 
Some call me a god

Yeah i was wondering the same thing on the year they had it writen on the windshield as a 92 but didn't bother checking...

Thanks man i'm realy excited to start this project Plans as of now is find a 2.4l bottom end and through a 2.0l head on it to make it a high compression motor as for the turbo still on the fence with that...We are going fwd auto with high stall..Cage will be going in are goal is to have it weigh 2000 pds with me and the cage...Will be controlled with dsmlink v3 and all the regular stuff big fuel system Ported head, cams etc...My goal is to have a car to give these fast honda and evo guys a run for it...They are low 10's to high 9's in the quarter i want a gaurge built car to make them say wtf....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:45 pm 
Some call me a god

Well i started on the interior and started to get it down to weight plan to do more tomorrow....

Top sercret legend killer is going on in full effect while we build the motor and collect parts for the big build it will give me and bobby something to toy around with and give me an idea for the big build...So expect some good things to come along i'm happy to have bobby helping me with this and john and jared with there support we will be blowing some minds in the clouds....Denver has some sorry times for the 1/4 think bobby is the second fastest 4g powered car in colorado with a 10.9 so we're hoping to change some of that...We have the know how and enough spare parts to pull it off i hope....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:09 pm 
Some call me a god

Well i Made some progress tonight and got the dash out and rear part of the car stripped so it's on to working on the wiring and taking some unwanted stuff out then back goes the dash here are some pics...

Davis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:18 pm 

The rear of the car looks like mine, rust and everything. hah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:34 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

:snky: Sneaky yes, shocking...probably not. I think people are starting to suspect these cars a little more so when they get smoked, their not really that suprised. Its how your gonna make it fast that is going to shock people. I'm looking forward to putting some wrench time into it. We can't let all these other punks have all the fun. :snakeman:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:08 pm 

How do you plan on gutting the car out? Mine weighed in at 2140 (1/2 tank of gas) without me in it. That was with 1 seat and pretty much gutted from the seat back. Id say you could lose an easy 50-100lbs from my car, but 300-375lbs is going to be quite the task.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:23 pm 
CSM Junkie

Windows... Plexi/lexan them. Cut out the door supports/internals. Remove the dash and go for a honduh type drag rear end

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:32 pm 
Some call me a god

Made some more progress today got the carpet out and cleaned up and passenger set out and driver side air bag...There is lots of stuff to do still....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:55 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

since you stripped it down that far i assume you are going after sound deadening...I have always used kerosene and a scraper...I was just told the other day that i am an idiot lol All of the honda-tech guys are using Dry Ice, just pouring it in waiting a little while and then hitting it with a hammer and it comes out WAY cleaner then anything i have done...Just a thought.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:48 pm 
Some call me a god

Thanks for the heads up...Well I haven't really taken any more pics yet but the shift box came in for the auto tranny paul payed 500 i payed 80 sucka new in box...Also got a engine harness just have to pick it up from ups...So it' coming together i'm hoping to have most of the wiring done this week and get the head and bottom end over to bobby' work then get the car there....So far so good Just getting excited but there is lots left to do...

If you have a hook up on some part let me know the cheaper the better were just putting this setup on to have some fun...Also might take a week or two to gather money for the bigger stuff.

Parts we need

14b in decent shape...

91' cas

91' transitor

fuel pump evo 8 190 or 255

Slicks or drag radials....

That's it...I hope...