4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:41 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:39 pm 
Some call me a god

Wowww....that's a heck of a deal right there!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:43 pm 
2nd Banana

Quote:
im pretty sure the conversion is 140$
I wonder if you have to run ECMLink if you have them do the conversion, or if they'll just to the conversion and send it back to you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:46 pm 
CSM Junkie

you can run just a chip but theyll take some money off the conversion if you buy link with it

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:48 pm 

Thanks to everyone who has made comments and suggestions! I've been out of town for a week, so sorry about the slow reply. I actually just took my little Colt on its first trip... We went 350 miles without a hitch... I'm not getting the 30+ mpg on the highway that everyone talks about though.. It does have 170K on a stock engine and has sat for the better part of a year, so maybe it just needs to be driven some and get the cobwebs out?!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:59 pm 
Some call me a god

A lot of it is your style of driving (not accusing you of racing around everywhere). Like with my 4g15 Colt, I can see easily around 40 mpg....but if I drive it like I stole it, it's better around 28 mpg.

Now, for my turbo Mirage.....I honestly don't know what it gets for mileage, cause it's always breaking down...consequently, mileage has not been a concern for me.

I would say to give it a tune up. I talked to the previous owner that you bought the car from.....he kinda sounded lazy to me. So maybe he didn't do the maintenance items that will improve the mileage.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:20 pm 

Yeah, I was driving the HELL out of the little car!!! LOL! The previous owner did NOT tune it up at all it seems... I drove it to my parents house and my dad and I tuned it up and it ran much better so maybe the gas mileage will get better... Little sucker has plenty of gas pedal left at 95 - 100 mph it seems though!...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:57 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Yeah, I was driving the HELL out of the little car!!! LOL! The previous owner did NOT tune it up at all it seems... I drove it to my parents house and my dad and I tuned it up and it ran much better so maybe the gas mileage will get better... Little sucker has plenty of gas pedal left at 95 - 100 mph it seems though!...
You should see better gas mileage then, especially keeping your foot out of it. Damn, Shannon.....I've never had mine over 85mph yet (jealousy). I'm sure in stock form, these cars will go well over 100mph though. Have to admit....it gets a little exciting when you put it in 4th gear....you know the car is really going to move at that point!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:44 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
You should see better gas mileage then, especially keeping your foot out of it. Damn, Shannon.....I've never had mine over 85mph yet (jealousy). I'm sure in stock form, these cars will go well over 100mph though. Have to admit....it gets a little exciting when you put it in 4th gear....you know the car is really going to move at that point!

Hee Hee.. And remember the front end pics of the car... No grill, bent hood that is strapped down!..etc.. But, I HAD to see what a 'flying shoe' feels like at 100mph! Interestingly, at like 80mph if I downshifted to 4th gear it seems to labor to get up to 100... But, if I just accelerated while in 5th gear at 80mph if felt like it's saying, "Oh, you want to play?... Well, let's do this thang"! 8) (I guess it has something to do with the gear ratios for 4th and 5th and the power curve of the engine at those speeds.)

I wouldn't say the stock build is "fast" at 80 - 100, but it is "spirited" and a heck of a lot of fun...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:10 pm 
2nd Banana

Quote:
Interestingly, at like 80mph if I downshifted to 4th gear it seems to labor to get up to 100... But, if I just accelerated while in 5th gear at 80mph if felt like it's saying, "Oh, you want to play?... Well, let's do this thang"! 8) (I guess it has something to do with the gear ratios for 4th and 5th and the power curve of the engine at those speeds.)
It has to do with the powerband of the engine. Since you're car is mostly stock and still non-intercooled it's gonna be real responsive down at lower RPM's, but choke in the higher RPM's because there are so many restrictions in the system.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:16 pm 
Negative Nancy

Tonus. how do you really know? Did you just come up with this cause you sure didnt live this or experience this. must be the tonus factor here... Embarassing!!
Quote:
Quote:
Interestingly, at like 80mph if I downshifted to 4th gear it seems to labor to get up to 100... But, if I just accelerated while in 5th gear at 80mph if felt like it's saying, "Oh, you want to play?... Well, let's do this thang"! 8) (I guess it has something to do with the gear ratios for 4th and 5th and the power curve of the engine at those speeds.)
It has to do with the powerband of the engine. Since you're car is mostly stock and still non-intercooled it's gonna be real responsive down at lower RPM's, but choke in the higher RPM's because there are so many restrictions in the system.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:19 pm 
2nd Banana

Quote:
Tonus. how do you really know? Did you just come up with this cause you sure didnt live this or experience this. must be the tonus factor here... Embarassing!!
I know because my car is mostly stock just like his, so I feel like I can speak pretty strongly from experience since I drive it every day. It's not like I went and bought a car that was already modded by someone else or anything...

Please explain this tonus factor you speak of, I am very interested...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:26 pm 
Negative Nancy

Tony, It seems as if you have done Shit as far as performance since o5. Why do you deal out so much shit on turbos when you or your "ROOMATES" dont have the money to provide real world experiances. The reason, I bought mine is cause I could, deal with it

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:29 pm 
2nd Banana

Quote:
Tony, It seems as if you have done Shit as far as performance since o5. Why do you deal out so much shit on turbos when you or your "ROOMATES" dont have the money to provide real world experiances. The reason, I bought mine is cause I could, deal with it
I don't have roomates, so again I really wish I knew what the fruit and banana you were talking about. I'm doing plenty of things with my car(s) that you don't know about, because I'm not posting about it on here. For example, this weekend I'm installing a twin-disk clutch and a built trans on my GSX. The weekend after that I'm installing a MegaSquirt EMS, and hopefully within a couple of weeks I will be taking it to the dyno. I was recently unemployed for the past 2 months, so money wasn't exactly flowing like wine. Now that I'm working again, things are going to start happening. When it comes to turbos I am fairly knowledgeable. I don't think anyone on this forum will disagree with that, even the "5 or so people who have done shit", so get the fruit and banana off my back.