4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:19 pm 
Some call me a god

Well my daily is an auto... but if a 2.4 sohc na would be a close to bolt in, I might could be persuaded to swap it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:38 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

You are sick... congrats, nice find!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:22 am 

Quote:
Something tells me this car won't be stock for long.
:wink:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:34 pm 
4g61t Delinquent

Quote:
Speaking of the swaybar upgrade I was thinking earlier about the 8v 4G64 that was in my summit wagon. The wiring sure looked close to the 4G15's wiring. Wonder if that thing would be a plug in deal?
the ECU pinouts are the exact same if i remember correctly.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:11 pm 
CSM Junkie

Wow, I just saw this thread. Nice score man! Hey I bet Jeff would burn a chip or atleast take a look at it for free or maybe a small fee. I didnt even know the 1.5's came with eproms. I'll have to keep an eye out when I hit the yards.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:23 am 

Been driving it for a while now and found plenty of little problems that need to be fixed. Buying from a little old lady isn't always a good thing as they seem to forget the maintenance :P .

One axle is slightly clicking ( I have one here, just need to put it in), takes a while to reach normal operating temps, someone rigged something up with the oil pressure sensor because it has some extra wires going to it spliced to one of the solenoids on the firewall (don't ask, I have no idea), needs the front wheels balanced badly, anything over 25 mph makes the steering wheel shake pretty bad. Lastly it needs to be cleaned inside and out. All of this stuff is minor and for the price I picked it up for and the miles I sure can't complain.

I'll tackle this stuff little by little and it will be the perfect little daily driver before long. I forgot how much the 4G15's hate gas, I know it's getting at least 30 mpg, probably more.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:00 pm 
Some call me a god

my 89 8 valve 4g15 i got for 250 had an eprom in it. i plugged a 91 ecu into it and drove the car home, but i never got after fixing the eprom ecu seeing as how the other ecu seems to work just fine.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:26 pm 

Just hit 100k on this thing yesterday, got a few of the minor issues fixed. Tossed in a new thermostat and refilled it with coolant and that solved the problem with it not reaching operating temp. Got two used 13's on the front and had them balanced and that solved the shaky steering wheel. Still haven't messed with the oil sender to see what someone rigged up with the wiring.

Since I parted the 4G :( I will be painting the hatch in class in the next few months. Once that is done I'll find some wheels for it and who knows what else.