4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:30 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:31 am 
Some call me a god

About
- I like old Mitsubishi cars. Drive a 1988 eagle vista lx turbo (g32b) sedan, Made in Thialand. Recently picked this blue base 91 eagle summit. Car is made in Japan. I'm the proud second owner, it has 206K Kms on the clock. Tranny, F5M21, is toast, but I recently picked up a F5M22, hope it works out.

The blue summit is currently halfway into an interior cleaning. The car was pressure washed inside. While the dash and interior was out I started adding wiring and connectors for option items I'm adding like, power mirrors and door speakers. I also pull the cruise control and break booster from an elantra. The booster has gone in but the cruise control is going to take more work. [edit] the booster is coming out as the sedan's booster has the same ration.

Engine Mods
- refurbed 92 4g15 installed after head gasket issues with original car

Suspension Mods
- none

MISC Mods
- 89 turbo front seats (from colt200)
- rear under seat vents
- power mirrors
- tilt telescoping steering
- mirrage rear deck lid reflector panel and front grill
- elantra cruise control - in the works

Future Stuff
- 2L swap
- non-captive front disks
- rear disks

Last edited by j2dapo on Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:52 am, edited 13 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:35 pm 
Some call me a god

Took out the carpet, it was nasty. Vacuumed it out and pressure washed it. turned out much better. I will hit the drivers area of it again with the pressure washer.

I swapped in a tach but it doesnt work? Picked up a red right front fender from a GT a mirage grill and some 4 lug AWD rear hubs.

Now on the look out for a swappable DSM.

94 Audi s4 - sold
88 Eagle Vista Turbo LX sedan, RIP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:11 am 
CSM Junkie

just out of curiousity, do you have heater vents going under your front seats and heading out to the back?

That powerwashing takes all the nasty smells out too :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:31 am 
Some call me a god

Nope, no rear vents. Kind of odd I thought with that foam piece on the passenger side. No foam on the drivers side.

I will definitely be looking for the actual vent.

I didnt use any soap with the pressure washer but it still worked well. 8)

94 Audi s4 - sold
88 Eagle Vista Turbo LX sedan, RIP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:24 am 
Some call me a god

Bump this, still basically collecting parts for the swap.

My garage is small, I built the ramps 8) . Left tranny is a 91 Sonata KM210, right tranny is KM201. I tested the plate from a turbo FWD DSM on both, and it lines up perfect on the KM210, the starter holes on the KM201 are off, (different flywheels/ringgear diameters). Front fenders are now white and gray, trunk is gray too. Also under the car is a set of used 1G DSM OEM AWD springs.

More parts; new 1g DSM AWD KYGs, rebuilt head I pulled from an N/A DSM in the graveyard, and a used but good small 16G.

Topline 6bolt .5mm over pistons/pins/rings + std main and rod bearings. Picked them up as part of a complete rebuild kit for $200. Not sure if I can fund forged internals but I want them.

Finally, telescoping 2 spoke wheel from an 89 Colt LX sedan. Check out the lever.

Not pictured.
JDM FWD/AWD switchable tranny with no fork.
JDM dual runner manifold
USDM 6 bolt long block for rebuild.

More parts on the way.
EPROM ECU from member.
575 Injectors from memeber.
EVOIII exhaust manifold from local DSM member.

Still saving/funding/searching for.
clutch
Engine Managment.
wheels
intercooler
interior peices.

Plan is for a summer ride with a fresh 2L. The swap is being done by me, in my attached home garage.

Last edited by j2dapo on Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:36 am 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

hope you got the jdm rear end, because I believe that it's a different ratio than usdm trannys.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:54 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
hope you got the jdm rear end, because I believe that it's a different ratio than usdm trannys.
It is different. There's a big thread on that same issue on www.galantvr4.org

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:52 pm 
Some call me a god

hmmmm.

Had to look that up but could not find anything stating that. There was a couple post stating that the C5OPH and C5JPH will work with USDM rears. Also found post by flying eagle that stated a JDM unit worked fine.

I'll have to check that tranny code again, I think I have a C5OPH which is listed on GVR4.org as a switchable tranny not a JDM switchable tranny.

I was told it would work with a 1g TEL AWD rear end no problems, when I picked it up... It is a tranny and t-case.

Last edited by j2dapo on Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:22 pm 
The Silent Administrator

The model I had was not opened as far as we know and came with the crate motor the previous owner had installed into his 91 Eagle Talon AWD. I sold it to a guy in B.C., and I think he had it rebuilt to his specs, but the differential must have been the same ratio as the rear for this to have worked. You'll have to search way back in my posts to find the trans code that I posted or pictures I took. I just cleared out all the trans pics from that old unit just a few weeks ago. Determine the ration using the old school techniques using number of spins at the input, output and see what you get. Better to know now what you can and cannot use. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:56 am 
Some call me a god

Wow this thing is moving slow, although I have been trying to get it running for the end of this month it now looks like its going to take another month to complete. (fingers crossed)

is going in here

Things that annoy me, mostly are losing the parts I've collected. Like the elantra rear metal mount and brand new oem head dowels. :evil:

Another pair of dowels are on order and I will have to hit up the wrecker for the rear mount, that part is a pain to remove.

I have still to acquire an exhaust and the ostrich. I think i will go ahead and try the switchable tranny since I picked up an ACT street light awd flywheel.

Can anyone identify this PP? ('SECO' and a 'K' symbol)

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:28 am 

Looks sick man keep the pictues and nice work comeing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:48 pm 
Some call me a god

I put the new 2L in it 2 weekends ago because I had to return the borrowed engine hoist. I hit up the Pick N Pull for replacement elantra rear metal mount. Took me over an hour to pull it. What a PITA.

While at Pick N Pull I noticed an 89 colt LX sedan with, power windows and locks, A/C. I went back on Sunday and came home with 4 doors and the interior wiring. I may go back for the A/C bits this week. I also picked up a set of turbo cams from a 92 AWD DSM that look in nice shape.

Also while at the Pick N Pull I saw an utra-rare 2000 GTX AWD auto (basically an N/A auto AWD Galant). I may get some parts from this thing too.

Anyone know what kind of power can an Auto AWD Galant drive train hold?

more pics to come.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:15 pm 
The happy administrator

Quote:
and the ostrich.

:supz:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:13 pm 
Some call me a god

Installed a couple of weekends ago.

Now I've added the power windows/door locks. Today I want to install he timing belt, pull the dash and start the confusing wiring swap. I'm going to use an interior harness from the 89 sedan I got the power windows from and use a 92 awd engine loom. If I don't come back withing a week - send out a search party. :toimonster:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:19 am 
Some call me a god

I pulled the carpet back and dash out this afternoon and swapped in the 89 interior harness, this should make the power amenities work.

I also made a mess when being lazy and only pulling the heater core back enough to get the 1.5 engine loom out. Now my freshly cleaned carpet is wet with antifreeze :evil:. I may take it out again and pressure wash it, LOL, its only been a year since the last carpet cleaning.

I could not get the old engine loom out without pulling the white plastic cover/bracket off. I got the 2L engine loom in by also taking that plastic cover off.

Now to hard wire the two together, more pics to come .....