4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next
 Post subject: Re: Devo's '92 Summit DL
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:27 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Quote:
Man, I really dig this car. Some fresh paint on that bumper and you're in business!
the paint just needs the flat black on the upper trim across the front and rear bumpers, and the side trim repainted, and then i'm going to two-tone the whole car from the trim line down in the same satin black that's already on the bottom half of the bumper. i'm hoping it comes out looking good.

and in strange and alarming news, while driving down the highway today, a bolt removed itself from my car. i drove back and picked it up, and the most alarming thing about it is that it appears to be from the transmission :S it'll randomly shudder while trying to take off at low speeds, it can be slightly more difficult to put the car in gear(not impossible, just not as smooth as normal), and reverse grinds while engaging sometimes. can't jack the car up right now to see exactly where it came from, since i leave for Factory MOD in an hour and a half, but hopefully it's nothing so serious that i have to pull the engine and transmission again.....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:01 pm 
CSM Junkie

Where did you get your side skirts from? I have a set of hatch ones I was gonna modify, but if I could score some sedan ones it would make my life a lot easier.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:00 pm 

got them from NZ on the first big pallet of parts that evo_mirage sent over.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:25 pm 
CSM Junkie

PM me how much you paid total to your door. If there is ever another pallet I'm wondering if it is something I should look into.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:25 pm 

pm sent.

picked up the rest of the paint i needed today, should finish painting the trim sometime this evening. then it's time to tear a rear bumper off :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:31 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
^^^^Tim, you have your parents looking for csm's when they go out of town? :P

Mine does the same thing. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:55 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Quote:
Man, I really dig this car. Some fresh paint on that bumper and you're in business!
the paint just needs the flat black on the upper trim across the front and rear bumpers, and the side trim repainted, and then i'm going to two-tone the whole car from the trim line down in the same satin black that's already on the bottom half of the bumper. i'm hoping it comes out looking good.

and in strange and alarming news, while driving down the highway today, a bolt removed itself from my car. i drove back and picked it up, and the most alarming thing about it is that it appears to be from the transmission :S it'll randomly shudder while trying to take off at low speeds, it can be slightly more difficult to put the car in gear(not impossible, just not as smooth as normal), and reverse grinds while engaging sometimes. can't jack the car up right now to see exactly where it came from, since i leave for Factory MOD in an hour and a half, but hopefully it's nothing so serious that i have to pull the engine and transmission again.....

There is a Bracket that bolts to the top of the tranny, which holds you shifter cables in palce. There should be two of them. Lossing one of those would make it harder to shift.

Just a thought.

Nice ride by the way!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:48 pm 

Quote:
There is a Bracket that bolts to the top of the tranny, which holds you shifter cables in palce. There should be two of them. Lossing one of those would make it harder to shift.

Just a thought.

Nice ride by the way!
thanks for the compliment :)

and thanks for the suggestion. as it was, the bolt ended up being the one down in front beside the slave cylinder. replaced it, and it shifts fine and doesn't shudder anymore. yay :D

and the JDM rear bumper is on. not as simple to install as the front. 2 screws had to be drilled in to hold the metal lower part of the bumper up on the sides, and the reverse lights don't have proper clearance, you have to either cut away some metal or bash it out of the way with a hammer. i chose the latter, since it was dark and i was impatient :p

i'll grab some pics tomorrow when the sun is out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:05 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Quote:

Just a thought.

Nice ride by the way!
thanks for the compliment :)

and thanks for the suggestion. as it was, the bolt ended up being the one down in front beside the slave cylinder. replaced it, and it shifts fine and doesn't shudder anymore. yay :D

and the JDM rear bumper is on. not as simple to install as the front. 2 screws had to be drilled in to hold the metal lower part of the bumper up on the sides, and the reverse lights don't have proper clearance, you have to either cut away some metal or bash it out of the way with a hammer. i chose the latter, since it was dark and i was impatient :p

i'll grab some pics tomorrow when the sun is out.

No problem. Glad you got it fixed! :supz:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:14 pm 
CSM Junkie

In for pics.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:28 pm 

pics tomorrow it seems, couldn't find the camera :p

but i did get my awesome new foglights installed, so i'll at least have more than the back bumper to take pictures of :p

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:23 pm 

painted everything below the trimline satin black today.

awesome new foglights up front, while i scrub the sides for paint:

more cleaning, it was really dirty:

finally found a use for those damn free newspapers and flyers i keep getting:

you can sort of see the difference here:

it looks a lot better with the trim on it, but it was too dark when i was done to take any decent pictures :\

also sanded the paint off the trunk, need to put the polisher to it tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:26 pm 

there you have it, just have to put that white pinstripe on the trim and bumpers, and get that damn red/silver pinstripe off.

i'm a little annoyed at the height difference between the bumper and sideskirts though, so i might try looking for some EVO3 lower bumper trim to see if it can be rigged on, to help even out the lines.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:26 pm 

had an autocross event on saturday, car ran GREAT all day.

but it was making a thumping/clacking noise after hard corners when i was accelerating. ignored it, since my car always makes strange noises. really shouldn't have :\

gave the car to a friend to take for a fun-run at the end of the day, and he floored it while at full-lock to the right. axle popped right out of the outer CV joint, almost leaving me stranded an hour from home. the splines on the outer end of the axle were nicely stripped, making it very difficult to put the damn thing back together.

i managed to get the axle back in enough to drive it back home, but it's right and well fruit and banana. so i have to dig up one of my spare axles, pull the inner cup off it(since the splines on it are fruit and banana), and replace it with the inner cup from my newly busted axle to make one working axle.

on the bright side, i beat my friend's well-prepped CRX, something i've been trying to do with the Summit since he bought that car. even beat him by .8 of a second, making me very proud of my little shit-box right now :p

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:22 pm 
CSM Junkie

Fix your rust :cry: . Once you get that pinstripe off and then stripe the moldings it'll look killer.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next