4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:18 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 610 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:04 am 
CSM Expert

Quote:
suspension complete! for the most part at least...still need to install the new sway bars, but that'll be it for suspension after that.
You should think about new control arm bushings as well its amazing how tight the car feels after that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:02 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Quote:
You should think about new control arm bushings as well its amazing how tight the car feels after that...
thank you berserko, for reminding me about that. i'd completely forgotten. i figure rather than OEM, i'll go with the SuperPro bushings though.

started more stuff on the car.

like painting my corroded Honda rims:

just have the front pair done for now, but i like how they look. just have to get off my lazy ass and do the back pair now :p

AND!

got my red/white tails finally :D i love how they look on the black car

i'd also picked up a wing from a scrapyard a few hours from here. saw pictures, and it looked like a match to the wings i'd seen already, but i should have looked closer before i had it shipped :\ ended up with a wing for a 93 Colt instead :(

so if anyone knows someone looking for a wing for their 4g coupe, lemme know.

anyways, i'll post more pics when i get the back rims and the body trim painted.

-Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:17 pm 
CSM Junkie

I love the taillights, im looking for a pair myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:38 am 

these tails were hard as hell to find, and they're not perfect either. some scratches, and a small crack on the driver's side, but you can't see it unless you're practically standing on top of them.

so unless someone decides to park their car on top of mine, they'll look great to everyone else as well :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:23 pm 
CSM Expert

Quote:
thank you berserko, for reminding me about that. i'd completely forgotten. i figure rather than OEM, i'll go with the SuperPro bushings though.
Yes go with the Superpro bushings their awesome. Car feels brand new with them in. The Steering is so precise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:21 pm 

So i've been busy with a few things the last little while. no engine swap yet :p but some exterior work, and a nice little addition to the rear suspension.

first, the rear end:
woo swaybar. yes i painted it white. yes it stands out like a sore thumb.

and i love it :D 27mm custom made hollow rear sway bar(75$), Energy polyurethane greaseable bushings(25$), and BLOX adjustable end links(50$).

took it to autocross last sunday, and the difference was incredible. the car still rolls slightly, but nothing like it used to. best 150$ i've spent on the car so far i think :p

also painted my corroded Accord rims, i think they came out pretty good considering their previous condition.

painted the body trim as well, while i was at it. Primer, then Krylon Black, so that it matches the front and rear bumpers(which i repainted when i bought the car, since they were so faded).

Then, sticking with the Black/White scheme i had planned for the car, i bought some 1/4" White pinstripe, grabbed an Exacto knife, and got busy with the trim. Ended up like this:

And after all that, i took the car to the park by the river, and took some pictures of the 'finished' product.

also can't forget the Mirage rear garnish that i got from 89Mirageman(thanks Chris!)

and an interior shot for the hell of it, with all of my no stereo. i took it out for AutoX, and just never put it back in....haven't really missed it yet either :\

looking at a set of OZ rims for the car as well, and new rubber(since the current stuff is wearing out much faster than before i installed that swaybar), but once that's done, that'll be it for the car, till i start the engine swap(still need to finish getting all the bits together for that, oh well).

thanks for readin'!

-Chris

Last edited by Devolution on Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:22 am 

Your car is coming together nicely and looking good. Have you thought about removing the smaller red/white pin stripe now that you have the larger white one? I think the white wheels and stripe look sweet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:36 am 
CSM Junkie

Your car is coming together great! You've got a nice build post going. Do I smell car of the month?>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:41 am 

Quote:
Do I smell car of the month?
maybe once i'm done with the engine, i'll do a write up and submit it.
Quote:
Have you thought about removing the smaller red/white pin stripe now that you have the larger white one?
i actually just haven't gotten around to taking that off yet. if i can find an easier way of removing it other than a razor blade and patience, i might just do it today :p

thanks for the comments guys :)

-Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:07 am 

If you are lucky you may be able to get up under the edge of it with a razor and get it started and pull it all off at once. I wasn't so lucky on my mirage and had to use a hair dryer and a ton of patience.

Also, please don't think that you have to have a show winning car to be chosen for the Ride of the Month because you don't. Most all of us are never done with our rides and they are all just a work in progress. You can submit it now and then just submit it again later once the engine is swapped. There is no rule saying that you can't be chosen more than once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:09 pm 
Some call me a god

very nice, keep it up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:15 pm 
CSM Junkie

Looks really good man!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:08 am 
Some call me a god

Do those accord rims have the correct hub center size, or do you have hub centric rings?

94 Audi s4 - sold
88 Eagle Vista Turbo LX sedan, RIP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:18 am 

no, they didn't fit when i bought them...

i actually had to have the centre bored out slightly by a machine shop since it was a good 3 or 4 millimetres too small to fit on the Summit. a local shop bored them out for 20$ for all 4 rims, and they slid right on.

Post subject: Re: Devo's '92 Summit DL
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:01 pm 

so, i finally found work in this godforsaken city, at a tire shop(discounts wooooo! now i just need to get in at PartSource and i'm set for parts for a while :p)

going to start gathering the rest of the parts for my swap with my next paycheque.

list so far is:

-4G61 NA motor(sourced already, just need to pay for it)
-wiring harness(got one already, thanks 89Mirageman)
-flywheel and clutch(which ones should i be using? i seem to remember something about the FWD 4G63 NA stuff being the parts i wanted?)
-1.8l hyundai head(same ports as 2L, but with 1.6 sized combustion chambers, or so i've read?)
-2.0L intake/exhaust/fuelrail/MAF/ECU/TB/etc/etc(going for a nice NA build hopefully, no turbos for me)
-and some other miscellaneous go-fast bits

i plan on just running the 1.5 5-speed(no axle hunting needed), and i know that i need the hyundai timing belt mount, and at least one other mount? anyone care to enlighten me as to which other mounts i'll need?

also, any ideas as to how much power the 1.5 5-speed can take? i know i saw someone running them on here attached to a 4G63T, but they liked to explode every so often when he was driving. i'm not looking for that much power really, just something in the 150-165hp range, will i be alright running the old tranny, or should i just source the other transmission now, before i get too far ahead of myself?

more questions when i'm not so tired. thanks in advance to anyone that helps out.

-Chris

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 610 Next