4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1316 Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:31 pm 
Snowdevl, ever see any of your rear bumpers in the junkyard? I sure would like one!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:54 pm 
Some call me a god

Occasionally. They're a bit more common than the Cyborg front bumpers because they also came on the 1990-91 Swift-R models.
Shipping will be killer though!! I got a quote a few years back, and from memory it was about $800. To justify the cost of sending the shipping pallet you'd want to load it with as much as you can squeeze onto it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:48 pm 
Quote:
Occasionally. They're a bit more common than the Cyborg front bumpers because they also came on the 1990-91 Swift-R models.
Shipping will be killer though!! I got a quote a few years back, and from memory it was about $800. To justify the cost of sending the shipping pallet you'd want to load it with as much as you can squeeze onto it.
Well, you could load it up with some front bumpers, seems to be a big demand for them; and a cyborg for sure!! :twisted:
Anyway, would you mind checking with DHL to see what shipping is? 'Cause these guys from Malaysia are quoting US$265 to ship and that I would for sure pay that :D
http://cgi.ebay.ca/JDM-Mitsubishi-C73A- ... 986wt_1139

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:37 pm 

Awesome car bro! Im heading up to auckland friday to pick up a Mirage ( FINALLY!)

After that im woking on the engine build, should be turbo'd and running within the next few months.

Keep us posted on your borg, more pics!

:finga:

1993 Galant L/B 2.0L (dd)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:49 pm 
Some call me a god

Oh yup awesome, what car did you end up getting?

I'll take more pics after I lower it a bit. Getting a mate to make me an adjustable panhard rod so I can get the rear low and finally ditch the wheelbarrow stance. Will be rocking these:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:15 am 
Some call me a god

Oh yeah. That is a super nice suspension set-up.

Any ideas on how you are making the adjustable panhard bar? You could easily modify the factory piece with rod ends and swaged tube from Jegs....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:10 pm 
Some call me a god

Yup will be making one out of a factory one. Just trying to find out if I any of the other factory Mitsubishi panhard rods are interchangeable with the C83A one, so I can have it modified and swap it straight in, would make things a bit easier. Maybe a Libero GT panhard rod...

The BC Gold coilovers look like they'll be a PITA to set up, not looking forward to it to be honest. The whole bottom mount piece is adjustable too, winds up and down the thread to ensure correct shock absorber travel at all heights. But to be honest I don't know anything about setting these things up, i've never owned coilovers before. Oh well i'll figure it out I guess...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:13 pm 
2nd Banana

Quote:
Yup will be making one out of a factory one. Just trying to find out if I any of the other factory Mitsubishi panhard rods are interchangeable with the C83A one, so I can have it modified and swap it straight in, would make things a bit easier. Maybe a Libero GT panhard rod...

The BC Gold coilovers look like they'll be a PITA to set up, not looking forward to it to be honest. The whole bottom mount piece is adjustable too, winds up and down the thread to ensure correct shock absorber travel at all heights. But to be honest I don't know anything about setting these things up, i've never owned coilovers before. Oh well i'll figure it out I guess...
The hardest part is getting the ride height even on all 4 corners. Once you install it, it's all pretty self-explanatory. Are those coilovers actually meant for a CSM, or are they from a different car?

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:23 pm 
Some call me a god

Nah they're Evo 1-3 coilovers. The rears look exactly the same as C83A rears though (alot shorter than C53A rears). And the fronts are a direct fit with the aid of YoshiFab camber plates (which for reference, do not fit straight onto the BC pillowball mount, gotta use the YoshiFab one). Other than that, just gotta work out how to attach the brake lines.

The thing that gets me is the adjustable lower mount. Most other coilovers i've seen are solid at the bottom, whereas these wind up and down the thread, to correct the suspension travel I think, but to my understanding this would also influence ride height since you're basically adjusting the height/tallness of the coilover itself? How do I strike the correct balance between the spring height adjustment and the actual coilover height adjustment?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:39 pm 
2nd Banana

Quote:
The thing that gets me is the adjustable lower mount. Most other coilovers i've seen are solid at the bottom, whereas these wind up and down the thread, to correct the suspension travel I think, but to my understanding this would also influence ride height since you're basically adjusting the height/tallness of the coilover itself? How do I strike the correct balance between the spring height adjustment and the actual coilover height adjustment?
My buddy installed a set of coilovers like these on his 240sx (S14), and he just threaded it until he got the ride height where he wanted it. It took several tries to get it right. Lots of lowering the car, checking, lifting back up, changing, lowering back down, etc. etc.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:08 pm 
Some call me a god

Went drift karting with my crew yesterday, so took some pics in the carpark and some by the lake haha. These are the only pics with my car in 'em...

On another note, my gearbox is rather farked now. Will sometimes not go into reverse with the car on (if I manage to make it in, it grinds and makes a slightly disturbing CLUNK sound). Same with 1st. Tried downshifting to 3rd at 100kph yesterday and that wasn't happening, so I put it in 4th, and when I went to shift up I couldn't get it out of gear. Oh well. Going to drain the gearbox oil later and see how much metal shavings comes out along with it :lol: and then refill with Castrol Syntrax (I know GL5 is no good for our brass synchros, but it's not like this thing is going to last me very long, and I happen to have a bottle of the stuff sitting here..)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:36 am 

Quote:
Oh yup awesome, what car did you end up getting?
I was heading up to Auckland to pick up an 89 Mirage, but couldnt get it back to Hastings for less than $200...

..but in doing so ive managed to find 94 Cyborg R 4WD rolling body here in the bay for $300 :supz:
just needs the engine, gearbox and transfer box and a few other minor things...(front seats, front right fender etc)

Il start up a topic once i pick it up tomorrow, hopefully it works out!

sweet pics of your borg btw bro, looking mint :prayer:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:43 am 
Some call me a god

Oh sweet man, those later model Mirages are so much easier to work with than these earlier ones, as far as I know you can bolt in a complete Evo 1-3 drivetrain, engine/gearbox/transfer/rear diff and it will all work perfectly :) If it's gonna need a fender etc, you could even consider an Evo front end conversion, kinda like this one http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 352575.htm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:16 am 

Got it home today, defiantly needs a water blasting, been sitting outside for around a year or so, but very happy! Turns out it even has adjustys in the rear :twisted:

Haha you read my mind exactly, i happen to have a complete evo 2 front bumper and side skirts :w00t: a few modifications (lights and bonnet(had an alloy evo 2 bonnet but sold that for $500 :P haha) and Sly-Borg shall be looking awesome, even scored a mivec top spoiler for it.

As soon as it stops raining il get out, give her a bit of a clean and get some pics up :supz:

Also, do you reckon the 61t engine would run on a turbo libero ECU (i have airflow meter and all intercooler piping etc), just until i can get a chipped VR4 ecu and all that.

GO THE BORGS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:18 am 
CSM Junkie

How do you like the new coilovers? (If they are installed now)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1316 Next