4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1214 Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:13 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Sorry if I missed it, but what is the verdict on your front brakes.
yea good so far, though im running semi race pads that need a bit of heat before they start working. apart from that, much better than the stockers.

however i still think somethings not right as i still need to apply a fair amount of force before the car starts slowing down as i would hope. im sure its the booster but i will look into that later.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:15 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Are you using a SMIM?
nope

just the dual runner cyclone, its all working properly though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:35 pm 
The happy administrator

Could be your problem, I'd try a single runner intake and if it showed improvement, move to a smim.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:08 pm 
2nd Banana

Quote:
Could be your problem, I'd try a single runner intake and if it showed improvement, move to a smim.
His intake is not his problem. A stock manifold, cyclone or not, can support plenty more power than that. His issue is probably in his tuning.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:14 pm 
The happy administrator

With those tiny runners and small plenum? I'd at least try a single runner, they're cheap as hell.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:45 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
His issue is probably in his tuning.
probably, i've done a few logs and run's to 20deg timing and hovers around 10.5 AFR, so still probably some more there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:59 pm 
2nd Banana

Quote:
probably, i've done a few logs and run's to 20deg timing and hovers around 10.5 AFR, so still probably some more there.
What do you use for fuel management? I'd try leaning it out some, try to get it around 11:1 at least. What octane fuel do you guys have out there?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:11 pm 
CSM Junkie

i have a full aftermarket ecu, our fuel is apparently not as good as yours, its 98 octane, close to your 93 octane as the rating system is different (RON vs MON)

i will probably shoot for around 11:1 sometime in the future, at the moment though, i think the reading my be slightly inaccurate, i noticed it wasnt done of shootout.

should be getting a touch up tune done just after xmas.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:31 pm 
2nd Banana

Quote:
i have a full aftermarket ecu, our fuel is apparently not as good as yours, its 98 octane, close to your 93 octane as the rating system is different (RON vs MON)

i will probably shoot for around 11:1 sometime in the future, at the moment though, i think the reading my be slightly inaccurate, i noticed it wasnt done of shootout.

should be getting a touch up tune done just after xmas.
I wouldn't say that, I only have 91 octane at the pump where I live. What kind of ECU are you using? You're definitely running too rich, you will notice big gains by leaning it out more.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:46 pm 
CSM Junkie

my ecu setup is a few pages back,

basically a Link Plus G3, COP, Seq Injection/Ignition, WB02.

its comparable to a Autronic SM4

defiantly not running out of fuel though, only 54% duty on the 800cc injectors at 18psi. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:06 pm 
2nd Banana

Quote:
defiantly not running out of fuel though, only 54% duty on the 800cc injectors at 18psi. :)
Sheesh, turn your boost up AND lean it out! Your car will get much faster. 22psi at least, maybe more. Use up some of that extra fuel.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:49 am 
CSM Junkie

so yea... ...im a dork!

the below image is how i setup the cyclone solenoid in the link.

ImageImage

i must have been drunk as when i did it, because it should be turned on BELOW 4200rpm.

basically what i did above says, open all runners below 4200rpm, then close four and restrict the f*&(ing intake manifold to below half its flow!

ah well...

/me has another beer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:42 am 
CSM Junkie

yea so...

while i was trying to figure out why my power was down on expected, before i discovered the above. I committed to buying a custom water cooler kit to get rid of the modded JSpec VR4 cooler i am currently using.

I dont think i will have any intake restriction now :)

This particular kits off a pretty crazy VR4 here in OZ, made a sweet eazy 420hp at all four and kept the temps right down. should help with a climate here similar to Arizona.

The reservoir (sp?) is actually a ice/dry ice cooler as well, the top pops off and there is a large cavity to through a couple of bags of ice in. The previous owner said the best was to empty the res, fill it with ice, top up with water, then drop a 1kg or two of dry ice into the cavity. kept the intake temps at the TB very low with enough to last 2 strip runs or around 5 full power runs on a dyno.

so the fun begins again! will pull the car off the road after xmas for a month or three and install the cooler.

Then it will be off to the tuners again, for a touch up, with the cyclone actually working properly too!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:40 pm 
CSM Junkie

well did a quick dummy fit.

looks like it will fit really nice. quite easy to mount up as well, i can re-use some of my old silicone bends and reducers.

i will get rid of the twin bov setup that was on the kit and just run my current one.

i cant decide if i should use the reservoir or only just the heat exchanger, hrmmm.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:40 pm 
CSM Junkie

got me some more BLING!

good for another 80hp atleast!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1214 Next