4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:20 am 
Restricted Newbie

Hi all. I'm a newbie here (duh) but I'm pretty excited about getting involved. Right now my ride is a 1990 Cavalier Z24 which I completely adore, but that's not the reason I'm here. :wink:

I just recently re-purchased an '89 Eagle Vista GT Turbo hatchback! I say "re"purchased because I had originally intended to buy it as a parts car for my 1989 Dodge Colt GT. As fate would have it, it turned out to be much more than I thought it was. (I didn't know it was a GT Turbo until I arrived to pick it up.) The car didn't run, but for the purchase price of $100, it was more than worth it for the rims alone to swap on my Colt, which is all I intended to take off before scraping it. I ended up falling in love with the 5-speed Vista as opposed to the crappy, gutless, automatic Colt. I ended up selling the Vista for $500. The new owner put about $350 into it, and eventually got it running, but it is really harsh. I'm now buying it back from him for $200 and plan on selling the Colt to fund the restoration project on the Vista. The car is in beautiful condition and is virtually rustless. Once the engine gets going, and the bad boy gets a paint job, it'll be good as new.

I hope to get as much information as I can about my Vista in the hopes to bring it back into a condition worthy of such a vehicle. Any help from this community will be greatly appreciated. I am eager to meet you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:06 am 
The Silent Administrator

Got any pics of your cars? I noticed your post elsewhere concerning a qestion about the engine in the Vista. Does it look like the pics of a 2.0L turbo motor, or does it look like a much older more chaotic version with a less than rectangular valve cover box? Reason I ask, is to ascertain which engine you really have. Welcome aboard by the way!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:01 pm 
CSM Junkie

Probably the g32b, but still a good find if its in nice shape. First mods should be a intercooler and boost controller(don't forget the boost guage!) I don't know what the factory boost is, or if that engine came with a knock sensor. But lots of people here would know. Good Luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:40 pm 
CSM Junkie

Hey man! whats up! nice to see a member that lives close by to me! Im from kamloops. I got a turbo colt also, but mine is a new gen. (93') I got the 2.0L 4g63t in it tho from the talon. we should meet up sometime and i can give u some tips on how to build up ur summit or colt. does it have the DOHC 4g61t engine in the vista?? or the G32B SOHC turbo engine like the older colt hatches?

Post subject: engine
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:53 am 

It is weird how the canadian cars are all labeled weird.

I still can't figure our how This car http://groups.msn.com/holyshift/dodgecolt2.msnw is registered as a 1991 Model year. I guess left over old stock?

Congrats on your new car, if you indeed have the old slow sohc engine, never fear, I can help you make it go faster...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:00 am 
The Silent Administrator

C10 style ran until 92 under Eagle/Plymouth
C50 styles ran along side until 92 as well, sporting much the same 1.5 NA motors too.
End Thread Jack