4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:22 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:08 pm 

Quote:
so what did you do with the mounts i got for you????
I used a mixture of the two, I believe that both sets were missing one or two, so I ended up with two extra mounts. I'm just glad that I finally got them at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:29 am 

Well tonight I decided to try and get done one of the many projects that I've been putting off, putting the AWD Talon springs onto my Colt.

It started out good with me taking lots of pictures to make a "how-to" for this forum, but the problem started when I cut the front springs. I think I should have read more about it before just jumping into it. Can someone explain to the slow kid from Canada what exactly cutting two coils from the front springs means? I think I cut too much, they are way too short and won't even stay in place around the shock, I feel pretty stupid right now, but it's not hard to find more AWD Talon springs.

Okay, I've made my excuses, you can laugh now.

Here's a bonus picture of my interior, the seat will be higher when it's mounted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:59 am 

Looks like you cut them correctly. Just make sure that they sit in their pocket once the car is lowered off the jack. Mine are the exact same way. The weight of the car will keep them "seated" in the right position. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:07 pm 

Quote:
Looks like you cut them correctly. Just make sure that they sit in their pocket once the car is lowered off the jack. Mine are the exact same way. The weight of the car will keep them "seated" in the right position. 8)
Really? Wow that's crazy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:52 pm 
The Silent Administrator

What's with the warping in the up/down nature of those coils you have there; they look all saggy!!!! Hmmmmm.....

*Edit* Sorry, I was referring to the old coils by the looks of it. They look messed up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:05 pm 

Quote:
What's with the warping in the up/down nature of those coils you have there; they look all saggy!!!! Hmmmmm.....

*Edit* Sorry, I was referring to the old coils by the looks of it. They look messed up.
I was also wondering about that also, I guess I'll see how the other ones look when I take them off.

How do I tell if the shocks are gone, I can move them fairly easily, so I assume that they are shot, I'll probably go get some KYB's if I can find some.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:14 pm 
The Silent Administrator

If you can push the shock together/in with little to no effort and/or accompanied at the same time with gurgling sounds, then they are shot. If you have leakage around the top neck area, they will also most likely be shot. Good shocks of our variety will have a full extension or rebound all by themselves after being compressed. These are all things to look out for. When in doubt, just get some new ones while you are in there; they are cheap enough to be sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:19 pm 

I just finished my 4g63 n/t swap into my 92 mits mirage h/b, and I also did the full wire swap..... Holy pain in the ass, never again will I swap 1 of these cars..... Way to much wire under the hood in some spots, and not enough in others, the dash was kind of easy, which was nice. But my 91 Laser dash, is wider than my mirage dash...wtf. Anywho, just thought I'd share, it sound badass with a straight pipe and no cat :P Noone tells ya, that you have to use the radiator from the swap car, cause the neck is to small on the 4g15 rad. and that it won't just bolt right up either, it is to short for the brakets. The only way I can see this as an easy swap is if You have a GS model with all the wiring there and what not :P But she Runs WOOHOO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:26 pm 

Wow, congrats, it's good to hear when someone actually finishes the project, instead of like me just gives up half way through.

Ah well I have a good excuse, I'm broke because of my new toy...

My Jeep is so awesome.
Quote:
I just finished my 4g63 n/t swap into my 92 mits mirage h/b, and I also did the full wire swap..... Holy pain in the ass, never again will I swap 1 of these cars..... Way to much wire under the hood in some spots, and not enough in others, the dash was kind of easy, which was nice. But my 91 Laser dash, is wider than my mirage dash...wtf. Anywho, just thought I'd share, it sound badass with a straight pipe and no cat :P Noone tells ya, that you have to use the radiator from the swap car, cause the neck is to small on the 4g15 rad. and that it won't just bolt right up either, it is to short for the brakets. The only way I can see this as an easy swap is if You have a GS model with all the wiring there and what not :P But she Runs WOOHOO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:06 pm 

:o Holy Nice Car Bat-Man :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:12 am 
CSM Junkie

NSX. nice!!!!! How's it handle in the snow?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:53 am 

Quote:
NSX. nice!!!!! How's it handle in the snow?
I've barely drove it, I'm waiting for the snow to melt and the puddles to dry before I start driving it daily. From what I've experienced so far though it handles better than anything I've ever been in. The steering is so precise, I don't know if that's the right word, but that's what pops in my head.