4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:10 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Another new guy
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:30 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Hello all,I'm glad I found you guys. My story started cause of my 05 ford pick-up being such a gas sucking pig.A buddy told me he had a 92 Colt 1.5 four speed car with 139 on the clock,but it ran great,and has not one spec of rust anywhere.Its a base,base car with dealer installed air and nothing else.When I first started driving it,I would chuckle to my self about having a 35000 dollar truck and driving a 500 dollar roller skate! I put a glass pack muffler on it that actually gives it a nice tone,not like the H-brand coffee can mufflered,retarded low riders around here.I only did this as a goof,but then the bug bit me.This car is friggin fun as hell! it rips down the highway(50 miles a day) at 80-85mph NO problem,still accelerates from there,hit over 100 a couple of times....just an unbelievable little go-cart...cornering is lousy,the car always seems to be ready to barrel roll of the exit ramps.Now,mind you,I'm not a 20 year old kid.I'm 41 years old,a father as well as alife long car FREEK.I owned a restoration shop for 12 years and had some silly fast american cars.Then I found your site....in a little over a month,I've managed to get a 92 Talon donor car (immaculate,but broken connecting rod) an additional complete 2.0 turbo motor,a butt load of accumulated goodies,as well as a supercharged 1.8 acura drive train with wiring and comp. to sell off and buy swap stuff for my little rocket.I'm gonna begin a soon as next month on the swap,and I'll post the left-overs for cheap money if any of you need anything.I dont think I've ever been this happy to begin a project before....should be a hoot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:37 pm 
CSM Expert

haha, glad you're enjoying your rollerskate :D your suspension sounds like it might be time for at least some new shocks (possibly new springs, can't tell how much it's moving around). Anyhow, just wanted to say welcome to the forum and good luck on the swap :D

Post subject: suspension
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:42 pm 
Restricted Newbie

I hate to spend the $$ right now,I want to change to 5 lugs & 4 discs anyway,soon as I find what fits

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:52 pm 
Some call me a god

Welcome to the club Jim. You're not the only 30plus member in here.
I'm 39. I sold my Turbo colt and am lookig for another one for Christs sake. Get er done and give those New Canaan snobs h3ll! :twisted:

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:54 pm 
Restricted Newbie

everyone around here knows me for nutty v-8 cars....they got another thing coming!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:33 pm 
The Silent Administrator

I guess having owned a restoration shop, you should have access to alot of the necessary tooling to make things really interesting. Welcome, regardless of how big your tool belt it! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:13 am 
Some call me a god

Welcome to the board! A good place to start is the archives section of the forum, tons of info on engine/suspension/ turbo etc.
Keep us updated on your project, we like to see lots of pictures and videos too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:12 am 
Restricted Newbie

thanks for the warm welcomes.....I'll document everything with pictures and regularly check in with updates

00 neon (gave it to my girlfriend)