4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:54 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Wah! No .... really ?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:08 pm 
CSM Junkie

so wrong

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:22 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
The car was stolen
Was it? Funny, because it's still sitting in a carport at my parents place :lol:

Hey guys, long time. Good to see at least some of the OG's are still around (looking at you Mr Eagle). Incoming long read, brace yourselves :lol:

You might be wondering what happened with the Cyborg. Well, life really. At some point not long after my last post, the car developed intermittent starting issues. It'd crank over and over, and not start. Then I'd roll it forward a meter, and it'd fire right up. Eventually it got worse, until it didn't work at all. No fuel was getting to the rail. Likely an easy fix, fuel pump or something, but at that point I was a bit sick of throwing money at the car so I parked it up at my parents place intending to fix it later. And that never happened :oops: I bought a JZX110 Mark II wagon (awesome ugly RWD 1JZ-GTE wagon, look it up) and dailyed that for a year or so.

About a year after I parked the Cyborg I decided I was sick of my old job. I moved into a tiny apartment and went to study for 3 years. This apartment only had 1 tiny car park, so the Cyborg couldn't come with me, I needed a small RELIABLE car so I sold the wagon and bought a MK5 Golf GTI. For 3 years I studied full time during the day and worked full time at night - I had zero time for cars. The Cyborg continued to sit.

After I graduated I moved again and got a new job, but by this point the Cyborg had deteriorated quite a bit. I looked over it, the paint weathered, rust starting all over the place, and this big wave of "can't be fooked" swept over me.

This is also not long after R32 Skylines became legal in America, and I watched their value start climbing as all of Japan's good examples started heading to the states. The BNR32 GT-R has always been my 'realistic' dream car and with the rate prices were increasing at, I realised if I didn't buy one soon, it'd end up not-so-realistic and I'd miss out.

It's been 2 years since I finished studying. I bought a GT-R a year ago. It's increased in value by $20,000 since I bought it, so my initial feeling was right. I also sold the GTI and bought a MK7 TSI for daily duties. Unfortunately, this has all meant no time/money for the Cyborg, so it continued to deteriorate further over the past 2 years.

It's in a pretty sad state now, but I've had a bit of a motivation spike lately, so I want to get it running again. Unfortunately it's not practical for me to keep it, so my plan is to fix it up a little and sell it. Patrick (an OG CSM'er, you may remember he had the grey C53A with the green engine bay) has expressed interest in buying it multiple times over the years. Honestly I wish I let him have it years ago, but I kept telling myself I'd fix it up. I'll see if that interest is still there, if so i'm sure you'll be seeing PSIBRG again in all its glory :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:24 pm 
The Silent Administrator

So happy to hear that the car hasn’t been stolen/written off. Time away from the struggle is about keeping life real. You took the bull by the horns and got work done. Clearly you have done well for yourself and will continue to do well. I still remember if I am not mistaken that you were like 15 when you started posted on the forums? I was around 23-25 when I got into posting and finally got a Colt.

Your car and it’s bits have been inspiration for years upon years, from drivetrain to seats and IDEA stickers. Yours was that model? Well, I’m pretty sure that was your car. The forums have gone mostly quiet as a matter of course. The ability to post pics with convenience, has not caught up with FB/Insta, and many broken convos start and end over there currently. CSM Performance is where most hang, with some DSM groups and Galant VR4 groups. My thread has progressed but some of the builds that are happening are out of this world. From putting entire DSM/Eclipse front ends onto CSM chassis’s, to multiple AWD builds setting records (Okerman - see YouTube), the game has moved from a strictly cottage industry to something on the cusp of being bigger but far too late for things to progress with strictly OEM parts. Now shifters with lockouts are being used, spark plug gappers from billet (plug gapula - see warren desouza on Facebook groups), and much more. These cars are now qualifying for collector car insurance, so there is that plus too.

Good to see you jumped on the bandwagon with your Nissan purchase. Job well done!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:15 pm 
Some call me a god

Damn how the time flys....

84 GMC K3500
85 Dodge D50 Diesel Swap
90 Mighty Max V6
89 Mirage Turbo
94 Mighty Max
99 Montero

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:27 pm 
Some call me a god

Man what I'd give to have that car here in the states. Welcome back

2003 Lancer Evolution 57k original miles
1992 Montero LS
1989 Plymouth Colt GT (AWD project)
1989 Dodge Colt GT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:53 am 
Restricted Newbie

Bro if you havent sold it and it's still in auckland could be keen. I saw this car in avondale about 10 years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:21 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Hey do you have instagram page? Would love to see more

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:03 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Hey do you have instagram page? Would love to see more
He recently posted in the FB group that the car is for sale. At this point it has been sitting for years and has some pretty significant rust damage. Most of us older guys have refused to migrate over to instagram, but you may check in over at the FB page...

84 GMC K3500
85 Dodge D50 Diesel Swap
90 Mighty Max V6
89 Mirage Turbo
94 Mighty Max
99 Montero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:19 pm 
Restricted Newbie

what is the FB page? might poke at it. any updates would be pleasing

I am the Bass Mekanic

MPF: MitsuMiwage-TBOPD
DSM: ZeroMelody_

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:04 pm 
Some call me a god

I sold it a few weeks ago! So unfortunately there won't be any further updates from me :(

Facebook group is called 'CSM Performance (Colt Summit Mirage)'

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:37 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
I sold it a few weeks ago! So unfortunately there won't be any further updates from me :(

Facebook group is called 'CSM Performance (Colt Summit Mirage)'
what a bummer. ty

I am the Bass Mekanic

MPF: MitsuMiwage-TBOPD
DSM: ZeroMelody_

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16