4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:41 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:54 am 

I apologise for the sombre mood of this post, but i really need to vent my spleen on this matter

Recently, i have noticed, just how much the nationsl populace hates us. I will define the term "us" as: anyone under the age of 25, who has a modified japanese import car.

Recently, i have had my car kicked, spat on and keyed, by normal, every day mums and dads, who wouldnt even consider doing that to any other car. The amount of public opinion that is against us is wrong, and unfair.
Why should we have to suffer, just because some fruit and banana decides he doesnt want a speeding ticket, and plows into another car doing 200KPH. That person obviously doesnt care about himself, his car, or any other car enthusiasts. What the public does not understand, is that its a huge minority of car enthusiasts that break the law, on a regular basis, its a minority of us that are the dangerous drivers, and we, the majority have to suffer. Who here can say that they would run from the police if they were done for speeding, who here could live with themselves if they killed someone. The public think that we are remorseless killers, in their eyes, we are no better than Charles Manson, or Osama Bin Laden, what we do in our spare time is kill people, we kill their sons, daughters, wives, husbands.

How can we expect to change public opinion that is this strong? what can we do, to ease the hate that flows against us?

All i want to acheive out of this post, is to tell you, next time you want to race on the motorway, think about the consequences, and think if you can deal with those consequences, next time you think about going to the illegal drags, think about what could happen.

Do what i do, keep it to the racetrack guys, peace

Zac

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny, Copy Bunny into your signature to help in his quest for worldwide domination!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:36 am 
CSM Junkie

I'll try not to philosophise too much, but a large amount is just that as each generation moves forward, the "repacement" group seeks to find it's own identity. Do it's "own thing." This, of course, differs from the now "establishment" which was previously the "revolutionary" group. The "establishment " group, attacks the "revolutionary" group because it represents a threat to what the establishment now considers "normal", but was earlier considered revolutionary. The problem is that each new advancing group is more and more demonstrative. So we go from mere tongue clicking and an occassional "tsk, tsk." to violence. Sad, but true. I've been a part of three groups, and am now seeing a fourth. However, in many ways, I am a part again. But you are right, in that hot street action when others are around will raise their hackles. So, yeah, TRY and keep it on the track, especially at night.