All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Targa NFLD
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:01 pm 
Some call me a god

Kind of a painfully slow site
http://www.targanewfoundland.com/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/blogs/HardRock

My favorite

I have yet to get out to an actual rally race but I have seen the cars on their public road sections. I hope to go the the next Rock Mountain Rally. They are so close it almost a crime not to go.

The build
http://www.globeauto.com/servlet/story/ ... eAuto/home

Quote:
Fortunately, race builders are a resourceful lot. A guru we know cracked the code and we went in to make a few enhancements. The Evo is already such a potent performer that we didn't need to do much, but we were building a race car, so we introduced some more aggressive engine tuning with sacrifices to mileage and longevity for horsepower.

The rest of the build has been straightforward ? although we'll admit that most people wouldn't call the process that ? stripping the car to its bare metal, cutting away anything superfluous, re-welding all the chassis seams, bending and welding in a 14-point roll cage and only reinstalling what was absolutely necessary to go very fast.
I'd love to have the capabilities to do this type of work on my cars. Its and expensive hobby for the likes of me who work in an office and have to buy my own tools. I recall a few years back that a local rally crew was looking for help, I think doing that would be a great learning experience. Unfortunately my real life often gets in the way and I don't think I would be able to make that type of commitment. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:38 pm 
Some call me a god

I would like to take my car to a place next year, not sure what its called but its somewhere by you... I think it was Stratocheck, sound familair to you? My new suspension may be here as soon as two more weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:51 pm 
Some call me a god

Stratotech park, I heard of that. I think its a road coarse in Fort Sask, near Edmonton. It's not really that close to me. I think there's alot of bike racing that goes on their.

Unfortunately, they are closing down Race City here in Calgary, the lease on the land is up. :( . There is not enough interest in terms of spectators for them to continue going on with their popular/public sessions; like Secret Street every Friday night. I think it may have something to do with all the frinken bugs out there. It was awesome though, for $25 bucks, a safety inspection, a DOT helmet, and a drivers license and you you could run your moped down the 1/4 mile if you wanted.

Hopefully they will come up with a new location for a track here in Calgary. It really helps to curb the street racing.

RockyMountain Rally
Stratotech

94 Audi s4 - sold
88 Eagle Vista Turbo LX sedan, RIP