4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:25 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: 4g61t engine
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:23 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Anyone interested in a 4g61t motor for free. It has low compression in #2 and the front main seal is leaking, it is currently in my wife's car right now.Now that I have completed the swap on my car my jdm 4g61t from my car will now go into her car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:03 pm 
The Silent Administrator

"I WILL TAKE THE MOTOR POST"

Hope I just caught this thread, I had posted about wanting your engine (just off chance that you might junk it) I could use lots of little bits from it, maybe I can travel that way during the next week. I have vacation for the whole week (very rare for me) and the gf sanctions this event happening. What part of TO are you in - if you get me the address I'll get directions right to your front door. As long as I can keep the GF occupied with something slightly more interesting than two guys getting greasy, were all but totally set.

You've got PM!

Tim Eagles

Last edited by Flying Eagle on Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:46 pm 
Voted off the island

hey

If tim cant take it/ make it down here I would gladly take the motor. I want to build a new turbo motor.

and tim if you come down this way, you must come and see me:)

Jeff

Post subject: parts
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:19 am 
Restricted Newbie

i need an ecu o2 sensor and harnes from a jdm 4g61t anyone know where i can get one ????

Post subject: 4g16t swap
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:54 pm 
Restricted Newbie

ok well i am new to this site and i live in halifax nova scotia i have a 93 colt coupe with the 1.5 auto in it and and 17 inch wheels so as you know i desparately want and need more power,, i dont want to do the 4g63t swap purely for the amount of work that it intales but a 4g16t would be ideal i would think it would be a drop in and go installation . anyone have any ideas or know where i can get my hands on a complete engine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:27 pm 
The Silent Administrator

4g63t and 4g61t require exactly the same amount of work to get them into the engine bay, hooked up - wires and exhaust, and to keep them maintained. Put up a WTB add in the forsale section or google the 4g61t or 4g63t motors and find a local distributor importing them to Canada. I know of multiple places out of Toronto and Montreal, but I haven't searched for them in months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:11 pm 
Restricted Newbie

i thought all the engine mounts and wireing were the same for the 1.5 and 1.6t apparently i was told wrong,, either way i think a 1.6t would be the better choice for the swap ,, it would deffinately be a lighter engine and i would have to do alot less to the suspension to make it work ,, thank you for the tip i think i will post a wtb add . and if at all possible could you hook me up with some links fo find dealers for the engine i tried google and i got nothin but confused lol thanx again