4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:21 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40049

I ordered a hood for my 4g coupe and it came in packed well and in perfect shape. Great place to deal with.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:47 pm 
CSM Junkie

Awesome! I am anxiously awaiting actual pics of the front bumper cover. If it looks and fits good I'm ordering one ASAP!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:14 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Quote:
Pics and a link for the new bumper? I've been looking for a new one but couldn't find a company that still makes them.
http://www.nationalpartsdepot.com/crash ... -9190.html

i'll try to remember to snap a picture tonight. it doesn't come with any of the mounting stuff. looks like it should fit decent though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:54 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Quote:
Pics and a link for the new bumper? I've been looking for a new one but couldn't find a company that still makes them.

i'll try to remember to snap a picture tonight. it doesn't come with any of the mounting stuff. looks like it should fit decent though.
You just mean the crash bar and foam piece, but still has the tabs that mount to the fenders?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:00 pm 
CSM Junkie

Nice!

That shop is gross

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:19 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You just mean the crash bar and foam piece, but still has the tabs that mount to the fenders?
If I remember correctly it didn't have any mounting stuff in it, no metal at all.
Quote:
Nice!

That shop is gross
Very.

Progress has all but stopped now...need to pick up another piece of 1/4" flat stock to get the passenger side seat in. Found my diff cover though so planning on putting the rear end back in this week.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:33 pm 
Restricted Newbie

What strut and springs are you running in the rear? Did you have to modify anything such as the angle to make them fit or was it just a straight bolt up?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:14 am 

Quote:
What strut and springs are you running in the rear? Did you have to modify anything such as the angle to make them fit or was it just a straight bolt up?

Whatever was in the car when I bought it so far. Not sure exactly what they are/are off of.

Because I'm not using a DSM rear end I could mount my rear shock mounts wherever I wanted.. ie, no need for an angle change.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:04 pm 

rear end back in, everything tightened up. need to get my pinion angle right still but that shouldn't be too hard

time to get silly with the seam sealer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:10 pm 

Any updates on this beast?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:25 am 

Quote:
Any updates on this beast?
Well.. I'm lazy. And I tore my ACL so everything has slowed down again. I moved the car to my new house. Actually wrote down everything that I need to do, and the list isn't that long. Got the pinion angle dialed in to where I think it needs to be. Cut the rusty roof bracing out.

Right now order of operations is:

Clean rust off the roof, sand, prime
Vacuum/wipe down entire interior
Seam seal
Mask off dash and windows, prime & paint entire interior black (its like 4 different colors right now)

I cut the aluminum pieces for the fuel cell sump and bought (hopefully) all the fittings I'm going to need. Still have to figure out how/where I'm mounting the bosch 044 and filter but I think I have an idea.

But in my haste to drive something fun sooner rather than later I picked up another awd 1g so colt might go even slower now. It was too clean to pass up for the price =/ "Lucky" for me is I won't be able to use my left leg for anything useful for about 4-6 months :( so I should be able to get everything done while I recover.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:12 pm 

Ah man I hate to hear about the injury, hoping for a speedy recovery. I love 1gb talons so I'd probably buy one too at the right price. They look good in white.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:52 pm 

Quote:
Ah man I hate to hear about the injury, hoping for a speedy recovery. I love 1gb talons so I'd probably buy one too at the right price. They look good in white.
Thanks. From what I'm hearing from friends 4 months is quick, 6 months is more common. Should only be on crutches for a couple weeks though.

It helps that I have 11ty dsm parts laying around. Tried to put a Walbro 255 in the talon today.. found out why it still has the stock fuel pump. Tank bolts/lines are rusty. Will do some AN line modding tomorrow maybe. I don't have nearly the amount of patience I used to. When things stop going smooth now I just pack it up and go inside. :lol: After that I can replace all of the missing bolts I'm finding all over the place. TB to intake.. 2 out of 4 bolts. Injector clips? Who needs em (apparently)

At least it's simple stuff for the most part. I also have one of those eBay FMIC kits in a box somewhere, never installed. I think I'm missing the shootout though, woops.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:29 am 

holy shit i worked on the colt

5 years later the interior is seam sealed and all one color

used bedliner under the front seats and footwells

Not pictured.. got the bosch 044 and fuel filter mounted in the rear. Fuel cell's home is determined. I have to paint my aluminum panels now and then I can rivet them in.

I apparently didn't estimate the amount of fuel line I needed correctly and came up about 4' short on the feed and return so I placed an order Friday for more of that and some unions. But I have the fuel line ran from the cell to the pump/filter and then almost to the engine bay. Same with the return and vent. Trying to find an optima battery box now that is very close to the size of the optima so it will actually fit in the back. The monster summit box I bought originally is way too big.

After that it's on to brake lines finally and then I'll rivet the alum panels in their final resting place.

Then.. back to the engine bay to button up the turbo and figure out how to get the front end straight-ish again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:10 pm 

about time u got back to this.. thing looks amazing.. great job man.. i need to start back up on mine now..havent touched it in a few years also.

Steve

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next