4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:18 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: im back! RACE-VAN
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:27 am 

Tax return aquired; Was searching on craigslist for all kinds of cars im interested into.. I've done up a couple colt hatchbacks with the 4g63 swap so I had to get this!

Got it for five hundred bucks, running and driving. Put 250 highway miles on it already!!! 31mpg!!

back in the game with csm! I'm excited to get started with it. My intentions are to keep it automatic, 4g63t swap it.

I'm putting together a price list and parts list expected to complete the swap. I'll be looking for literature out there as well. If anyone has any experience with swapping colt vista van lmk!!

I'm throwing some tags on this thread because there isn't any information on the web for this kind of swap in this configuration. I'm sure I can already apply what skills i have with the hatchback configuration towards the swap but we'll see what happens.

tags: 4g63 swap , colt vista van , build , thread , wiring , auto trans

Post subject: Re: im back! RACE-VAN
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:34 pm 
Some call me a god

Clean pickup! Can't wait to see the build.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:19 pm 

cleaned up the van, bought off tire rack 15x6.5 se-16 wheels with 205/50/15 Dunlop ZII.

Going to put kyb gr2 struts on next week with some lowering springs. Going to replace timing belt, outter tie rod ends and front brakes.. looking to autocross it next Saturday :]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:12 pm 
Some call me a god

Nice van. Good luck with the autocross; does SCCA allow vans now?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:33 am 

i did a 92 summit van awd 4g63t swap a couple years ago. It was originally a 5-speed 2.4l sohc car.... i used all the stock engine mounts (except for the timing belt side mount which i used a 1g 2.0l mount) the 92 vans use rollstop (front and rear)mounts like a 1g does sorta, (mount to the block).... i have heard that the 93+ vans use mounts like a 2g dsm and have the rollstops mounted to the tranny.

are you planning on swapping in a auto turbo dsm tranny?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:04 pm 

Quote:
i did a 92 summit van awd 4g63t swap a couple years ago. It was originally a 5-speed 2.4l sohc car.... i used all the stock engine mounts (except for the timing belt side mount which i used a 1g 2.0l mount) the 92 vans use rollstop (front and rear)mounts like a 1g does sorta, (mount to the block).... i have heard that the 93+ vans use mounts like a 2g dsm and have the rollstops mounted to the tranny.

are you planning on swapping in a auto turbo dsm tranny?
yes I plan on swapping the automatic turbo dsm tranny. this car is FWD

It has a 4g93 1.8 in it right now.

Had some fun saturday at autocross, didn't do to bad either! A friend of mine has a 450+whp e36 318ti that was clocking 35 seconds around the course. I was able to get a 39 second run through on my 5th try. I am quite happy now how it handles.

The current suspension is cut 1 1/2 coils on the stock front springs, and 51$ ebay coilover kit for a 1g eclipse in the rear. I'm waiting on the rear kyb gr-2 strut because they were on back order. However I have kyb gr-2 for talon 1g in the front.