4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: My Borg
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:20 am 
Restricted Newbie

Hi havent been on these forums for a while, actually 6 years! Thought Id post some info on my car. Ive got a 1988 Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg turbo Fwd 3 door hatch. Ive owned it for just over 12 years. When I bought it had the standard JDM body kit, and 4g61t engine, an aftermarket exhaust, after market 16inch wheels, gearknob, and steering wheel. 10 years ago I had the whole body panelbeated including having the doors delocked, and then resprayed in its orginal colour, gun metal metalic. Around the same time I had a new turbo built for the car, consisting of a TD04L casing, and hybrid internals. Also an EVO2 fuel pump, and a sports air filter were fitted. At the same time the boost was adjusted up from a standard 7psi to 11psi.When I bought the car it had 168,000kms on the clock. Now the Borg has done just over 303,000kms! :o Thats still on the stock engine, and gearbox! More recently Ive been working on getting the Cyborg to look more like it did when it came out the factory...but with some subitle changes. Ive swapped the aftermarket wheels for the standard 14inch alloys, fitted a factory gearknob, and parcel tray. The original rear bumper has been replaced with a late spec Mirage circa 90-91 one. Ive also fitted a factory optioned rear top spoiler. Even though Ive had the car 12 years, I still love it like the day I bought it. These cars are getting rarer over here now, and there arent that many about anymore.

Will post some pics up as soon as I can.

Post subject: Re: My Borg
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:19 am 
The Silent Administrator

:wtg:
I am sure I will recognize your car when you post pics. Nice to see more of you southern hemisphere guys back up posting.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:48 pm 
Some call me a god

welcome back!

http://www.4g61t.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18146

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:32 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Yeh I used to be on 4g61nz until that forum closed. Im still on MMC.CO.NZ. Will get those photos soon.