4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:00 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: 4g63 Colt Project
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:07 am 
CSM Junkie

So the story goes long story short - built motor less 1000 miles and a mishap and that was the last straw!! So my friend finally talked me into dsm's. It started with picking up a 91 colt and drove it home for 300 bucks.. Pretty great shape for the year. Then some months later Me and my friend went halfs on a mint condition 1G 6 bolt talon drove home for 700. So in all the project was off to a good start! Well here is the list of current mods and some future ones..so here's the list and the story from start to finish!

All new gaskets,water pump,pulleys,timing belt,crank pulley etc
solid shift cable inserts
1g steering wheel
1g awd front struts & springs ( haven't decided on rear suspension yet)
Rear mounted battery
braided -6 feed and return lines
fuel injector clinic rail
Earls fuel filter
jegs fpr
delta cams 272/272
head resurfaced/cleaned & o-ringed
new valve steams
fel-pro head gasket
arp head studs
stock bottom end... the car was just hitting 100,000 miles and the previous owners...well they had no clue but it was a good motor from start no leaks, and block looked good!
4 puck solid clutch net clutch
xtd stage 4 pressure plate
solid motor mounts
balance shaft elminated
2g tb elbow
2g mas
fmic
hks bov (godzilla)
2g exhaust manifold
2g O2 housing
stock 14b for right now...braided oil feed line
3 inch exhaust from downpipe back, glass pack between No cat, no muffler, comes out after 90 mandrel bend in front of rear tire
15' oz rims from Lancer w/ 205 55 tires
all new tie rods, lca,ball joints, 1g shocks/springs suspension
had to redo all brake lines from front to back.. and got rid the rubber lines! ss lines
1g radiator dual core
560 injectors
-6 aftermarket fuel filter
walbro 255
rewire fuel pump
safc2
aem wideband,water temp, oil pressure gauges

I have a sbr lsd insert.. i was going to use but i decided to wait till i get a spare fwd trans than put it in that trans and try it out. I just dont want something to happen and have no trans

I will have pics up ASAP! I just wanted to start my build thread before going to sleep... :rock:

Last edited by king_of_the_street on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:04 pm 
CSM Junkie

[img]http://i1133.photobucket.com/album ... .jpg[/img]

Just got the flywheel resurfaced today, going to put together flywheel,clutch, trans,axles and front tires back on.. Cant wait! This things been on jacks for long time!! Just need finish the wiring, some intercooler piping and odds and end for the front end.. than raise back end and finish back rear brake lines, brakes, drop fuel tank for the fuel pump... Hope this gets done soon...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:37 pm 
CSM Junkie

What ways has everyone run the piping for people using fmic? Iv looked around, I'm thinking doing it like vr4 over the manifold.. I seen an old post on here looked clean but bad part is it's over the Mani... I wonder what Ill effects u notice from
That? Just no room! Lol... Any one have ideals or pics? Or people running over Mani, how is it for you?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:05 pm 

That engine is crooked!? lol :finga:

92 colt 4g63t

91 talon tsi 'neverending project'

91 NISSAN 240 SUPRA TT CANDIDATE in the making

I LOVE THE 90s

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:29 pm 
CSM Junkie

Here is new update, sorry took so long to update this.. I have the whole front almost all done, i just have to mock up the radiator mounts & connect/wire the wire harness in...

Some updates: The complete engine and trans is in, the fmic, piping lights all put back together, I also went ahead and made a mini throttle cable ( it turned out pretty good!)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:34 pm 
CSM Junkie

Yea yea The motor was crooked when i first put it in, I had a mishap with the rear engine mount.. but thats all fixed now :rock:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:51 pm 
CSM Junkie

I just need to weld 6 inches of pipe on each side and the intercooler piping is 100% done!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:37 pm 

SomeONE reply, this guy needs some MOTIVATION!!!!!

:prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :weedman: :weedman: :weedman: :toimonster:

92 colt 4g63t

I LOVE THE 90s

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:42 pm 

We got a bet goin' we all know who gonna win!!!

that KISS colt!!!!

woot woot !!!!!!1

92 colt 4g63t

I LOVE THE 90s

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:27 pm 
CSM Junkie

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... chronos... yummy

-1992 Eagle Summit AWD 4g63t swap (SOLD)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:57 am 
CSM Junkie

looks pretty good. i like the wheels

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:56 pm 
CSM Junkie

thanks! yea its kinda slim pickings for 4x114..... i really wanted to keep my mint set of blk rota slipstreams but they were 4x100 and i didnt have time to swap to 4x100 go threw hassle so i sold those and bought some oz rims from a lanzer, i like them, always nice to change things up for something new......but i'd love to eventually get some rims with a deep lip though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:42 pm 
CSM Junkie

Finally made that battery box for the rear, Ill take pics & post when i can.. If you need a battery box made just let me know, I think it came out pretty good! Ordered the shift cables and 12 inch piping and the front engine bay will be complete! going to get the battery today, and hopefully be able to start it this weekend,,, :supz: (hopefully)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:49 pm 
CSM Junkie

so its been awhile since updating this build, pics to come! Since last time radiator put in, all new hoses, wiring harness ran threw firewall everything is complete in the engine bay now, i Just need to weld together a couple pics for the bov and make a complete system!... The 2g mas was just wired in tonight.. I need to run a oil pressure gauge line to gauge inside.. and thats about it i think.. then after test drive ... hood put back on... But Good news is tonight with help from a friend, finally got the colt to start tonight!! Cams sound awesome! cant wait to finally get a test drive to work out the little things.. I have the colt starting, and running.. I just need to wire some the wires together like wipers,defogger,tach, speed, etc... but soo happy it started!! Its been 2 years!! :axe:

After all wiring is complete, dash put together,afc2 hooked up, and run the battery cable to the rear hatch.... than need to adjust the shift cables.. and than I have to finish the complete back brake lines, Im still using the drums for now.. so need to put all new pads, wheel cylinders and hardware together and than put in the fuel pump and rewire and then finally complete! SOO hopefully soon soon!! I will update with pics asap!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:31 pm 
CSM Junkie

Took some more pics to update this, Made me a Piston shift knob :rock: .... Came out pretty cool I think! Welded together my bov pipe, cant wait to hear the Godzilla! .. the hoods finally on..

BFB!! LOL :prayer:
Look at my awesome welds! :rock:
new rad with push fan looking clean
I had to keep a piece of the civic alive so I decided to make a shift knob :rock:

Yes I know I need a NEW shift boot! LOL I just threw that up to see how it will look complete with center piece after finishing the piston( Its a piston from one my honda engine) Yes I use to be a honda guy :finga: . I still need finish some little wiring, And put together everything. but It runs though! Cams sound awesome! Ill take pics of the downpipe I welded together as soon as I can :rock: I bought a 3 inch downpipe from flange. It was a AWD talons, I had to make some cuts and flip around flange but I made it work. New plans, Iv decided to do the 3inch downpipe with bung for the wideband and it runs to about middle the car than have my glasspack welded on end. Doesnt sound to loud, I love it though! :supz: New updates in about week Im leaving to Florida tonight, When get back maybe 2 more weeks and should be all done..

Last edited by king_of_the_street on Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.