4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:31 pm 
CSM Junkie

So heres an update, The whole front end is completely done! :supz: Only the back left to do...

I final got to taking down the fuel tank to install the wb 255, & Iv decided to redo the return & feed line & just run the vap line to the open from tank. ( I Wasnt going to but at least ill have piece at mind driving somewhere)

I had my gauges in the pass side dash on my civic build, So i decided to do the same thing for my colt, It came out even better looking, I have the wideband, water temp & oil pressure gauge mounted in the dash ( real clean look!) will have pics up ASAP...

Im in process of completely finishing whole brake line system & drums(for time being) Im just on hold because of wheel cylinders :( (Cant seem to get right ones ordered)

Im going tomorrow to pitstop for some Colt rear kybs & will use with awd springs for the rear

Im ordering some 0 Gauge wire for the battery in the trunk, I also put the kill switch on the rear bumper. I still need to complete the battery box this coming week, & mount in the back.

I also welded & fixed my awd downpipe to fit the fwd, Its hung up finally.. I have the 3 inch to flex pipe to a Glasspack goes to about underneath middle of car ( No cat, No muffler) Sounds nice!!

................................................................................

After the above I still need to finish doing the defogger wiring, wiper wiring and cleaning the whole mess over there & hook up the Safc & put the dash all back together. & bleed everything & adjust clutch pedal & shift cables... (almost) Hopefully this weekend depending if i get the wheel cylinders..

Im bored so Iv decided to try & fab up a front strut bar for the time being( only time spent so thought id give it a whirl) well see how it turns out, Ill work on that after I finish welding together my battery box

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:46 pm 
CSM Junkie

Ok so i ended up finishing the whole fuel system ... I ended up using a bulkhead for my feed line, the bulkhead was to big so i had to enlarge the bolt holes... in all it came out pretty good! Tonight im going to be finishing up the whole brake lines & rear brakes and take out the rear struts so tomorrow i can put the kyb & awd springs in... Than tires back on ... And all thats left is the dash to put together, and adjust clutch pedal :rock: I finally got the 4 gauge wire and ran back to the rear for the battery... The battery box is not yet done, Iv been lagging on that :(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:08 pm 
CSM Junkie

ok so I picked up the rear kyb struts yesterday, & I just put on the awd springs and new bushings on both sides. I just need to put the struts back in and than Sand down some of the back end underneath & than prime & paint a flat black to help give a clean look from behind.... I also left the stock muffler on the back & hung it up with a couple tack welds.. to give a stock look from behind since im running open downpipe with glasspack underneath... :partyman: Almost complete... and than comes the fun part test drive to work out the kinks & tune & retorque the arp head studs a few times..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:37 pm 
CSM Junkie

ok so i finished putting the struts back together, wheel bearings & brake system all complete, tires back on.. I finished priming and painting the whole back end straight axel fuel tank, wheel wells etc & underneath.put the wide band in, drilled out hole underneath to run the wideband up towards dash.. Kill switch is all connected & working, just need to finish battery box :ANAL: so i can secure battery for good. All thats left is putting the dash back together & center piece & connect afc2 & test drive to work out any kinks & retorque the arp head studs a few times. Ill be posting pics as soon as I can.. Almost complete... :rock:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:48 pm 
CSM Junkie

So I did an all nighter yesterday, & about 630am this morning Without the rest of pass side dash stuff back in, I was ready for a test drive down end of street.. For just first couple gears, IT was pretty quick!! I cant wait!!.... well no reverse so i pushed it out of garage, It shift in every gear but reverse... than i fell asleep, couldnt even make breakfast ha... anyways I ended up finishing the whole dash today, only a little bit left for the interior to do & alot cleaning & its done.. I fix the shifting & every gear/reverse works now....

Whats left to do......Getting plates tomorrow & calling insurance :supz:
.retorque the arp head studs
.adjust cas
.get some hose for the boost gauge
.recirculate blow off valve
.Connect the valve cover nipple on the intake
.Bleed brake system
.Finishing the battery box & front strut bar this week
.Break in the new clutch & test & tune

Almost!! Its been two yrs since this colt has seen the light! LOL

I have pics, will post up after classes tonight

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:22 am 
CSM Junkie

ok, so I got everything done & was on the test drive phase & tuning,breaking in the clutch & than retorque headstuds......But i had a mishap....viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36385 sucks.....Another bump in the road...but im on the ball and working on getting it fixed...

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:39 pm 
CSM Junkie

ok here are some pics, Its not cleaned up yet, I had a mishap and it kinda got me feeling down so i havent gotten to clean her yet, but as soon as i do i will post pics of her clean :) but her she is sitting as is.. waiting for new timing belt... Also took a pic of how i have my gauges set up...

Cant see to good but in the pass side dash I have oil pressure,water temp & wideband along w/ boost & shift light by steering Wheel

Post subject: Re: 4g63 Colt Project
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:08 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I use to have those rims on my car. Build is looking good.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:47 pm 

Image :prayer:

92 colt 4g63t

91 talon tsi 'neverending project'

91 NISSAN 240 SUPRA TT CANDIDATE in the making

I LOVE THE 90s

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:13 pm 
CSM Junkie

Thats the plates your going to be reading when i pass you :finga: ha... anyways going to tackle the timing belt tonight or early morning... If all goes good, the car is once again 100% done.... :partyman:

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:14 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Is the gauge on the steering column boost? I would switch the boost and wideband around so you see AFR over boost.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:39 pm 
CSM Junkie

yes the boost gauge is on the colume for now... along with the single shift light... its a temp spot, I am not to sure where to put the boost gauge for sure, along with the shift light... As for the wideband and other gauges, I can actually see the wideband numbers from where im sitting pretty good..

Anyways... Update... I finished the timing belt, new dowel pin in camshaft, On a good note the car idles good! I havent done a compression test, I still need to tune,adjust cas & break in the clutch.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:30 pm 
CSM Junkie

ok so with the help from a good friend... did a boost leak test yesterday, not to bad but its good now, changed the plugs, runs alot better now!! All thats left is bleed the brakes better! recirculate the bov, get another 2g mas, palm pilot, & I need to shim the pivot ball :( sucks that ill have to take down trans again.But there is not much free play like there should( still shifts great!) but engages before released all the way.... but its almost complete! for the mean time ill be driving it, untill one these weekends to take trans off to shim the pivot ball..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:36 pm 
CSM Junkie

Ok so its been awhile since I last updated this. I have been DD this colt, Its been great. Except for that timing belt mishap, but everything is good now. So I manage to finish the battery box finally a few months ago. I am bolting down the battery box & finishing the kill switch wiring. I put the !g leather steering wheel in thanks to my friend along with a heatshield. By this weekend I plan to move the fan switch inside the car, clean up the bay a Bit. Change out the thermostat & change a slim fan position from front to back. Putting in a new DP gasket. I am also changing out the trans because my 3rd gear grinds. I am putting in equal length axles I bought. I will also be sanding down all my oz rally rims to bare metal with a clear glaze coat. After all that I think im good for awhile. I might be putting some rubber bushings back in the cross member between the bolts to ease some vibrations. Pics will be posted asap! Also got my veteran plates in :) CIAO LOL