4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:14 am 

After nearly a year of checking out all the builds on here i finally started my own :supz:

On the 26th of April i brought my baby home, a 1994 CC4A 4WD Mirage hatch. Needs a bit of love, but im prepared to give her the care she needs haha. My plans are to drop in a 4g61t, get her running and use as my daily drive. While its going, i plan to sell my Mitsubishi Galant and build up a forged VR4 Evo 0 4g63t engine, this may take a few years tho ( im a student )

6months ago i came across two 4g61t engines that i couldnt pass up, using these two i have taken parts from each (4g67 head, mounts, cams etc) to slowly build up one engine. All that this now needs is a head gasket, and oil pickup line gasket and shes ready to bolt in :P

Like snowdevl suggested, i have an evo 2 front bumper, side skirts will be going on later.

Showing rear, boot has been removed to clean and reattach top wing.

Interior stripped out completely, had water issues haha.

Dash. Not keeping the momo wheel, previous owner wants it, but il be putting an evo 3 wheel on as soon as it arrives in the post ( the thing on the floor is Damp Rid, just trying to get rid of any excess moisture before i put the carpet back in)

Engine bay, need to get hold of a gearbox and transfer box. also front drive shafts, a few engine mounts and cross member.

Have removed rear window wiper, going to fiberglass the hole where it was in the near future.

Evo 4 tdo5h, hopefully going to build a custom mani to support this, and reverse direction of the cold side (hits alternator)

4WD :snakeman:

Adjustable suspension :heart: unsure of brand at this stage

Will get better pics once i can get it out of the garage, its rather small and cramped so taking pictures is quite hard, and the fact its on a cellphone doesnt help.

Will post updates as they come

Cheers

1993 Galant L/B 2.0L (dd)

Last edited by 4g61t:P on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:19 pm 
BANNED FOR FRAUD

That looks like a sweet project.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:55 am 

Quote:
That looks like a sweet project.
cheers mate

Would anyone know if i can run a 4g61t on a libero 4g93t ECU?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:44 am 

Small update, picked up a new head gasket (engine 99% together now woo!) , tdo4 turbo (just to run in :P ) rear tail, and a few other bits and pieces. Main concern at the moment is getting the gearbox and engine mounts.

If im going full RWD will i actually need the front drive shafts, etc? i dont have them and they will cost a fortune :/ anyone know?

more pics when more visual updates come along haha

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:33 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Would anyone know if i can run a 4g61t on a libero 4g93t ECU?
Take a picture of the Libero ECU and find a FSM or wiring diagram for it. Some wire swapping may be necessary to make it work. Or it may not work at all. There is a 4g61t ECU for sale in the Classifieds right now for cheap...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:42 pm 

Have decided i will run a vr4 ecu and loom, if for some miraculous reason i get enough money to run a Link ecu, power squirt etc then il go by those means. Few small updates, engine is mostly together, just a matter of getting the exhaust and intake gaskets and studs, just havent had time to get them. Managed to get a 4WD gearbox shipped to me for NZ $210, was a bit messsy but some degreaser sorted that out :P

Now all that i need to get the motor and box put in is some engine mounts and crossmember etc.

Also this may sound a stupid question, but if i was wanting to go full RWD, is it ok to just leave the front axles out of the gearbox? :-?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:01 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:

Also this may sound a stupid question, but if i was wanting to go full RWD, is it ok to just leave the front axles out of the gearbox? :-?
No, you'll destroy the VCU at the least.

'17 Fiesta ST

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:53 pm 

Quote:
No, you'll destroy the VCU at the least.
cheers mate, is there a simple way to go to RWD or is it quite a tedious task?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:21 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

If you want to go RWD have some custom mounts made up and read about the trannys you can use here.

RWD 4G63 info
http://www.projectzerog.com/forum/index ... bbce1fa082

Many RWD Swaps.
http://www.hotrodcoffeeshop.com/

For my next swap I want to do RWD Auto with a GM transmission with adapter plate. The car will be 1978 Lancer.

88 Cummins Suburban
69 Cutlass convertible
78 Arrow G54B Swap, Celeste makeover. (MOD 2016 Veteran)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:38 pm 

okay ive hit a snag... my 4g61t flywheel/pressure plate wont fit inside my 4WD gearbox.

I have no idea whats wrong, as i googled the code stamped on the box ( C11AQL ) and by rights this should be a 61t 4WD gearbox :evil:

What are my options here, as im thinking i will need a gearbox with a bigger bell housing but id love a better and cheaper solution

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:02 am 
2nd Banana

You might be able to use a 4WD clutch/flywheel assembly. The flywheels are stepped on a 4WD, so that might make it fit inside your gearbox.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/clut ... eltech.htm

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:59 am 

Cheers Tonus, i found the FWD flywheels are much larger than the 4WD, at least i didnt go out and buy another gearbox in my blind fury.

Anyway small updates:
picked up a complete engine loom with evo afm plug for $20 nz!! the guy also gave me all the wiring from the dash forward with the loom, so i got a great bargain!
got a vr4 ecu, non eprom though which is a downer but got that for $50
managed to score some coilpacks,injectors, fuel pump and a heap of other 4g61tparts for $20 off trademe, helluva site

installed ecu and loom, waiting on engine mounts and cross member to get the engine in to see if the beast will actually go :O
fingers crossed that this will happen within the next 2months

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:59 pm 

Holy shit, didn't realize how long it had been since I updated.

Have scraped the 61t idea as have had issues with matching parts (require evo 1-3/gsr gearbox and seemed easier to go with one of those engines)

Anyway, long story short:

Started prepping car for panel and paint a long time ago, but lost all motivation, almost sold it a few times but something made me hold on.

A friend of mine had a 4g93t engine in his shed, had been sitting for a year after a blown head gasket (removed engine from car a few days after it blew to save engine, drained oil/anti freeze etc and found had not penetrated into cylinders)
He offered it to me blindingly cheap, so I brought it without hesitation.

Turns out it has adjustable cam gears, I thought this was a bonus.
On removing the head, I found it has forged internal. I may as well have messed my pants.

So I cleaned the cylinders, removed gasket residue and got her all prepped for triple layer metal head gasket and titanium head studs.

VERY EXCITED!!!

Project now back on track, although priority now is evo or GSR gearbox

Will update

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:34 pm 
CSM Junkie

thats pretty sick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:30 am 
Restricted Newbie

bro you got any 4g61 parts left im from clive and wanting turb my 4g67, and there 6 bolt flywheels right? i had a vr4 motor mated up to a f5m22 fwd gearbox, flywheel wouldnt fit in bellhousing so i bought the flywheel pressure plate and clutch and realease bearing off a mirage twin cam at pick a part, much smaller clutch but it was a 3 puk so didnt slip at all just roasted the front tyres, but the 93'll be the easier way to go for that shape mivec cause im sure you wouldve had a nightmare getting the 4g61 to mount in, causve mounts being on block were as the 93's mounts are on the gearbox i believe, anyway original question, any 4g61t parts????