4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:18 pm 

Good old evil c ae hahaha, yeah bro I've got heaps of parts, have two 4g61t engines in parts (one in parts, one with head off and probably needs a rebuild)

What parts you after, private message me a list of things you want dude, I need them gone haha.

Yeah I brought the 61t thinking easy swap, had the 4wd 61t gearbox but found out about 8months ago that all mounts off the block, where as the mirage was gearbox mounted. Which is okay, because the gbox I brought was screwed anyway, metal shavings all through the internals, wasn't happy.

1993 Galant L/B 2.0L (dd)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:29 pm 

This is OMG COOL I want one.

Are they awd standard. Do you know if you can get them in aust.

http://www.gsrcyborgclub.com/viewtopic. ... 952#p33952

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:46 pm 

Not too sure if they are in Aussie mate, but I know they are pretty hard to find even in NZ.
I just got lucky that a friend was looking to sell it haha

Yeap, these little beasts are standard AWD, all my mates are trying to get me to make it RWD but no way!

Updates:

Have purchased 2mm steel head gasket, waiting on delivery but shouldn't be too long.

Still trying to sort funds for a gearbox, should be in the money in a fortnight, stay tuned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:23 pm 

Good news, have managed to find an evo gearbox for way less than any I was looking at buying!

I'm getting this off a friend next wednesdsay, he tells me the box had been rebuilt before he brought it, and that the only reason he removed it was due to the speedo not showing the speed.

This concerns me a bit, as I'm not sure if the box would need a complete overhaul or could it be something as simple as changing the speedo gear?? Anyone have any idea's in this regard or had a similar experience?

He claims the synchros are fine, but I will be checking it over before I give him the money. With it not being in the car, what are some good checks to make?? I don't want to buy another crappy box that's only good for scrap

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:57 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Well, all you can really do is drain some fluid to see if it has shavings or copper coloring/sparkles, and put it into each gear manually.

No way to tell how the syncros are, or anything other than that really.

Oh, looking inside the hole for the speedo cable will tell you if there is anything amiss inside; like a missing speedo ring on the diff. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:50 pm 

Cheers Eagle, will have to make those checks for sure, not too keen on buying a crappy box and carting it all the way back to my house.

I have a spare speedo gear from a 4g61t gearbox, this one WAS full of shavings, and the gear fluid was literally silver, I pulled this apart months ago and assumed it was totally f8@#ed so have been striping it for parts.

Still waiting on my full steel head gasket from Malaysia, apparently they've had an issue with their stock shipments, and should be sent within the week