4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:18 am 
CSM Junkie

it won't be this year, I've compiling all my parts to start in the fall, so I'm hoping for 2013 or 2014.

BTW, I ended up buying your old project :lol:

So to add to the addition I have another colt, the chasis is rough, but it has some good spare parts and a 2.4L engine with forged pistons which I'll be transferring to the white one.

So once I get some time I'll be parting out some things I dont need, GT guage cluster, steering column, manifold, turbo, front lip, rear wing, front GT brake setup, etc.

I'll add some pics soon of the new addition.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:36 pm 
CSM Junkie

A few quick pics of the new addition
Front
Rear
Interior
Cluster Shot
Engine (4G64 with 2.0L head)
Engine again

Hoping to get at this one very soon and get all the goodies pulled from the chassis.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:01 am 
Some call me a god

Bad-ass man, looking forward to seeing some numbers from this thing 8)

07 ZX6R

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:21 pm 

I guess Victor couldn't get it working either! I was working on that car for 5 years, but family came first.. Oh well, I hope you can do something with it! The rockers were pretty shot..

BTW, don't forget the walbro fuel pump..

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:21 pm 
CSM Junkie

:lol: so.... It's been quite a while, project is still ongoing but I had to steer away from the targa idea for now. Other financial commitments came first. I'm still going to make this a nice fun car to drive regardless :), just had a few things that took away from spare time. Bought a house, got engaged, got a puppy and went to vegas all in a few months span.

So before christmas I had a chance to remove some of the goodies from the green colt. My main concern was the 2.4L engine with custom forged pistons
Got some help with the engine

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:38 pm 
CSM Junkie

Luckily my new place I bought has an attached garage! :partyman:

So I tucked the 91 in where it will stay for quite a few months while I take my time and get things ready.

Before the 1.6L gets pulled
Ready to go
Up she comes

While I was waiting to grab my buddies engine hoist I decided to remove the rear seats and have a look at what kind of fun I was in for to re paint the floor.
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be

I haven't had a chance to pull the front seats and carpet yet. I know up there will require more attention for some paint. All in all not bad shape for a 91 up here on the east coast.

I cleaned up the engine bay a bit more and removed the head lights.
I had intentions of just degreasing. After I got into it I decided to pull everything and sand any surface rust areas so I can eventually re paint the whole engine bay.

Harness out as well, I've decided I'm going to attempt to clean it up a little and remove any un-needed connections.

Now I've started to sand all rust areas on the rad supporot and engine bay. While doing so I doscovered a small soft spot in the rad support I'm going to have replaced. You can see just to the left on the D/s rad mount

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:25 am 
CSM Junkie

Despite lack of posting I've slowly been plugging away at finding some parts and getting the car towards a complete state again! :D

Once I pulled the seats and interior carpet a while ago I found a few little areas that I did not like which I had replaced along with having the seat brackets reinforced so they are not loose. I dont think I've ever had one of these cars that the seat brackets weren't gone :( I'll get some pics posted soon of the before and after. I had a local shop do the welding and the guy was on holidays for a few weeks so I had to wait for him to get back then have the car towed to the shop and back once complete. The rad support is fixed now and painted, the floors are all fixed, seam sealed now and painted, I just have to finished the rear part for the spare tire and then get into finishing prepping and painting the engine bay itself.

Gas tank has been removed and as suspected, was a little rusty, I found at least one hole and some soft areas and have decided I would like to replace the tank. I've managed to find one on Moncton brand new, it's going to run 300ish CAD but don't have much a choice. used is not really an option around here and the 2 spares I have are not in great shape either. I'm also going to replace the sending unit seeing how I'm going to be tossing a wally 255 in there 8) So I'm looking for a rust free sending unit if anyone has one for sale.

Planning on having the 2.4L brought to the garage this weekend as I have it stored elsehwere. I have a brand new engine stand to try out and the plan is to freshen up the engine with new gaskets, timing job and clean it up a little. I also have a stock 2.0L intake manifold to install as it has a 1.6 on there now flanged for a mustang TB.

That's it for now, pics to follow soon,

Cheers,
Jim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:15 am 
CSM Junkie

Nice job dude!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:41 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Nice job dude!
Thanks man, it's a work in progress... a very slow one lol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:45 pm 
CSM Junkie

Picked up my injectors this week, some Denso 660cc's from a friend. They've been cleaned and flow tested, good to go still sealed in the packages they came back in :D I had a set in my talon and they worked great and could handle a fair bit of power. Should work good for this project.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:12 pm 
CSM Junkie

As mentioned the few spots I didn't like are all fixed up, rad support is fixed and I had to seat brackets made so they will never be flimsy again.

Here you can see the new and improved mounting

Here's a quick shot of the rad support all good again

Here's the before pics of the floors, phone pics, sorry for the crappiness

Here's the after, all repaired, seam sealed and painted. I plan on putting the carpet back in for now so this will be covered, but I know it's all good now

Gave the front a quick sanding and coat of primer, going to try and remove most of the stuff in the bay to clean up, sand and paint.
Before

After

Also got a chance to remove the brake master cylinder, I'm going to be replacing this one below with a 1" bore from a galant I think (thanks 89mirageman) and replacing the 1.5 brake booster (yet to be removed) with a stock turbo one. I haven't had a chance to clean up the 1" mc yet, hoping to get that done and painted soon. I'm currently in the process of sourcing the brake booster from another member :lol:
That's it for now. Going to try to get the engine up tomorrow, the weather was too crappy today, high winds and rain.

Cheers,
Jim

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:38 pm 
CSM Junkie

I managed to take off the 1.5L brake booster as well. Glad to see that thing go! Looks like I have a GT brake booster and prop valve lined up so that will be replacing this thing

For those of you who have already done do how much work is involved in removing the brake pedal assembly. I know the manual says to remove a ton of stuff, just wondering if there is a easier way to get it done? I want to keep the dash and everything in stock form, but I'm debating on how much work it is to remove and install the manual pedal VS just being lazy and cutting the auto pedal and using aftermarket pedal covers. Any thoughts or input? shortcuts, etc :lol: Keep in mind I'll have to remove the assembly twice (but only putting it back together once though)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:46 pm 
CSM Junkie

I spent sunday wrenching on the spare cars, I removed the front brake assemblies from the green colt as well as all the rear assemblies. Got a GT swaybar that needs some cleaning and paint, and grabbed a few other misc parts.

I know it all looks rusty now, it's just surface, all the hubs were greased fine, everything came off with ease. Despite the surface rust, the rotors are next to new, probably get by with a cut on them, however I don't plan on using any of this, I have something else in store for front and rear brakes :)

My truck on the way home full of parts

Got the engine out of the truck and in the garage

Broke out my new engine stand from PA
Nice and clean for now... lol

Ready for some TLC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:51 pm 
CSM Junkie

I know it might not be much, and I forgot all about it but while wrenching I managed to dig up a factory clock for the dash which I was happy about :lol:

A spare RPM cluster which I most likely put up for sale

Also found a spare GT front lip, this is number 3 I have, it's not in great condition as you can see from the pics, but if someone is interested I'd sell this as well.

And to finish the day I installed a few bins for all the nuts and bolts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:22 pm 
CSM Junkie

I got some of the engine taken apart tonight. Going to degrease and repaint the engine block and base pan. I don't have an air compressor yet and my electric impact wouldn't take off the crank pulley so I couldn't get the timing side off, but I'll get something better to remove the colt :twisted:

I thought it was a 1.6L inake mani, but looks like a 2.0L mani and flanged for the mustang TB that came with it. If anyone is interested I'd sell them as a package deal.

Engine shot with base pan off

Took the top pan off for a peek as well

Looks like a shaved Hyundai valve cover, I'm going to repaint this

Going to use this fuel rail, looks to be stock 390cc injectors, also will be up for grabs if anyone needs a set

Here's a shot of the gas tank, you can see why I'm buying a brand new one and getting a new sending unit.

That's it for now, I'm heading out of town this weekend so I doubt I'll get much more done until the following week. Stay tuned 8)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next