4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:08 am 
CSM Junkie

thanks guys, I'm looking forward to having the Colt back along with my Talon. :)
Quote:
Great build so far. Unless all of this happened this morning I think you've been hiding this awesome revival from us :(

What are you planning for wheels and tires? Any chance this is becoming AWD ever?
haha not all happened this morning, I've been gathering a few pics and didn't have time to post right away. I hope to get alot done starting next week so should be some more updates in the near future.

I have a factory set of 14 inch 89 Colt GT rim's I think I'm going to use. I also have a set of factory 15 tiburon wheels that I used before. I'm thinking the factory look is what I'm going to go for, just not sure how gripping 14 inch tires will be. I run the Dunlop Star Spec Direzza's on my talon and they are awesome 8) I have the GT side skirts, front bumper and rear wing to install as well, but for now it will have the sleeper look until it gets painted. Once painted I will be going for the factory GT look, might even put the DOHC Turbo stickers and GT sticker on.

Not sure on the AWD, my friend had all the running gear needed to do it, and we planned to, but the little span I was out of the car scene and he had his eclipse project otg and a few others, he had a garage clean up and tossed the old stuff out. If I can find running gear local someday, it may be a possibilty, but can't say for sure now.

Cheers,
Jim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:52 am 
Some call me a god

Good work bro! Best of luck with your project! :)

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:06 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Well, is the old GT chassis a VIN "Z" car? C53A? If so, I don't have it on the registry yet.

Love your build and resurrection of the running gear/motor into the newer, cleaner shell. Keeping hope alive for many fellows here.

Welcome back to the fold Colt man Jimmer.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:59 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Well, is the old GT chassis a VIN "Z" car? C53A? If so, I don't have it on the registry yet.

Love your build and resurrection of the running gear/motor into the newer, cleaner shell. Keeping hope alive for many fellows here.

Welcome back to the fold Colt man Jimmer.
thanks again guys, glad to be back :lol: The silver is a true 89, I'll get the details the weekend from it and add it. I don't think the registry was on going when I 1st got the car. The black one I scrapped was a true 89 GT as well. :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:36 am 
CSM Junkie

Bit of a nalstagic post here, 2001-2005; as I said I lost all my build pics from years ago when I lost a harddrive :(, however a buddy if mine did have some pics kicking around, brings back old memories. :lol: 1st was the purple Colt, started life as a 92 1.5L auto, ended up a 5 speed 4G61T with full interior swap. (you can just see the black 89 scrapped in the background)
Gauges
Interior

Then came the Silver 89 GT which was the one I rebuilt the engine, had an EVO III, 450's, FMIC, etc etc. Missing a few front lamps and a busted corner
Highway Shot

Dyno Day summer 2005, 198 WHP, 202 Torque, only 1 hour session, with safc and 12-13 psi
Engine Shot
Last a shot of 2 friends and my car at the time, we called it Small, Medium and large lol

Hope you all enjoy
Jim

Last edited by 92colt200e on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:50 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Great History and build, Alot of us here have been back and forth with our cars. Im glad to have mine back after four years. Even though it is not my main focus right now, I love looking at it when I drive up to my house! I too will be going for the factory look with the Stickers and red pinstriping in the mouldings

88 Cummins Suburban
69 Cutlass convertible
78 Arrow G54B Swap, Celeste makeover. (MOD 2016 Veteran)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:45 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I love the blue decal on the new shell, ahhh the 90's

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:38 pm 
The Silent Administrator

A man after my own heart!

I have a 1989 silver Colt GT with the same style Colt Grille with Mitsu Star symbol on it. I just love the grille style and thought the Mitsu stars were a better fit on the car. :lol:

By the way, we have amassed a rather large collection of manuals and assorted Mitsubishi related goodness, heck even more to update, but no avenue at this point.

The gallery to post your car to:

http://www.4g61t.org/gallery/v/members/

The manuals section which is self serve:

http://www.lilevo.com/mirage/
http://www.lilevo.com/mirage/Manuals/
And of course, check out LilEvo and his swap videos and related car stuff too!
http://www.lilevo.com

The Registry is something I started because I am a bit of a collector and at one time a professsed hoarder. Lol. I have since trimmed back and now only really hold onto enough parts to make a second turbo car, and keep the registry maintained. I do however have to get an update shot of the registry because it has grown considerably since the last screen shots were taken.

Enjoy, and thank you for getting me information about your turbo cars!

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:17 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
I have a 1989 silver Colt GT with the same style Colt Grille with Mitsu Star symbol on it. I just love the grille style and thought the Mitsu stars were a better fit on the car. :lol:
It was a nice combo that's for sure, I'm actually looking for another Colt grille of that style and possilbly another mitsu star, don't know of any for sale do you? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:18 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
I love the blue decal on the new shell, ahhh the 90's
haha for sure, I think I may keep them for the interim before I transfer it to a GT and give it some paint, more of a sleepr effect with the decals lol

Jim

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:25 am 
CSM Junkie

After 3 weeks I managed to spend an hour or 2 last night at the car, it was pretty productive. I managed to get 2 engine mounts and tranny mount tightened, shifter cables installed to tranny, alternator installed, FMIC installed and headlights and a few other odds and ends. I hope to get at it for a few hours this weekend.
Alternator rebuilt
FMIC installed
ImageImage
My 90 DSM engine harness came in the mail, so I hope to get this installed the weekend, I also have an adapter harness otw to mate this harness with the CSM chassis harness.
that's it for now, more updates soon

Jim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:43 am 
CSM Junkie

Managed to get some time spent on the car the last week or so. Most of the time spent was fabbing up the FMIC and piping setup, installing intake, bumper, etc making sure to keep the stock location of the windshiled wash bottle and make room for the battery under the hood and fit all the piping as well. Took a bit of time but I have the cold side finished now, i'm just waiting on a reducer coupler for the hot side which should be here by the end of the week. I also got the axles insatlled, the new clutch lined fabbed up, bumper cover trimmed and mounted.

I got my DSM to CSM adapter harness installed, pic below of the harness. Thanks to Chris (89mirageman)
Here is a snap of what it looks like with everything there, this was the fabbing stage, before I cut the hole to allow the piping to go down into the wheel well. I've since painted the MAF housing the same as the piping. I kept the windshield wash bottle stock location, however I need to re route the coolant over flow bottle, not a big deal to do.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:44 am 
CSM Junkie

Below is a pic of the cold side piping where it comes from the TB down into the wheel well and joins to this part, it then wraps around the front of the car into the side of the FMIC.
Here's a before pic of the front bumper without the FMIC
Here is a pic after with the FMIC installed, I wanted to keep the grille portion of the bumper cover on this bumper to make it more of a sleeper, once I paint the car and install the GT bumper it'll show the FMIC a bit more. You can see the bottom of the bumper cover is out a little, with keeping the grille portion it was hard to make this perfect, but it's not too bad as is. I also need to modify the p/s signal light housing to bolt in the bumper with the piping routed behind it
It's in there lol

Last edited by 92colt200e on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

CSM Junkie

I also got a chance to mount the turbo to the engine, install the fuel rail, 450cc injectors with all new seals and o rings. I also changed the location of the turbo oil send line from the side of the head to the OFH.
Here is a pic of the fuel rail and injector's before installing, and new insulators as well.
ImageImage
A pic of the new Oil feed line location, I also have a new Mitsubishi oil filter to install :lol:
Pics of the turbo installed
You can see from this view how much is going on with the piping, washer bottle, etc lol.

CSM Junkie

The mailman was really good last Friday, I got the new tire's, stock size 195/60R14 and my new boost and A/F gauge's :D

Tire's, they are to fit the stock rim's, I'm buying a pair of BFG Drag Radials to mount on the front for drag racing.
Gauge's

that's it for now, I have another exam coming up so time to wrenching will be tight, but I hope to be able to try to start it up real soon. :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next