4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:25 pm 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

:lol: This proves you don't have to be pretty to go fast!

I actually like the deep dishes on it, it kinda looks drifter/ricer, in a good way. I would like to see the Grey car in AWD!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:36 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

There is no good way for a ricer look period. lol

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:40 pm 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

Quote:
There is no good way for a ricer look period. lol
Meh I like the look of the pandas, and the grey one reminds me of the ae86's.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:21 pm 
CSM Junkie

near good for his first time out. On top of this, he had a STOCK N/T clutch STOCK N/T trans and no tuning device what so ever!! To me that's crazy,lol.[/quote]

This i am interested in because i am still thinking about slapping a 14b on my elantra. so he has he 4g63t with the factory 4g63t electronics? I cant believe a stock 4g15 clutch could hold that kind of power! I can believe he ran those times with no tuning device. I did 13.1 at 106 in my 2550 lb awd colt with nothng but intercooler and exhaust and 17 psi.

hurry up and do a turbo ecu conversion and do a detailed write up on how you did it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:30 pm 
CSM Junkie

Nah it was a 2.0 n/t trans and clutch, which he is getting a ACT soon which was already ordered,hehe. Yeah it's a 4G63T with wiseco and eagle rods with stock 1g wiring harness and ECU. My elantra has a 14b right now and at 8 psi, much better than when it was N/A,lol. But this winter she is coming off the road and bulding her up, 4g63t swap and fwd auto to compete in fwd event meaning I wanna spank some hondas,lol.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:29 am 
CSM Junkie

*********UPDATE 1/8/12********

This is long over due and pretty much waiting until the holidays are done but here is the scope, I decided to go back to my first plan and make it AWD. $$ is tight and I already have 2 awd auto 1g trans and t case, not to mention rear end, drive shaft etc etc..... I'm going to do the swap at my buddies house this winter and putting her on the knife and the first thing to attack it the awd system. The build is going to be mostly a drag car but still street legal if some day I wanna play with some one. The plan is to build a stock fresh rebuild 6 bolt block with bs removed and simple bolt ons. I just want to see how far with very little I have and progress from there. Me or "Eggy" (epinero) will post everything we do to this car and the only time I work on it is once or twice a week, so the process is going to be slow but worth it in the end.

So far since I had it it's been boosting to 8-10psi everday, smoking hondas in the meantime and a AWESOME daily driver for 4 years now. I love the car and hope this swap is going to bring it to a whole new level!! Tomorrow she is going to it's new home for a while resting and take it's new shape to a beast!!! So excited, finally get to do what I want to do with her,lol.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:42 am 
CSM Junkie

awd J1 ftw...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:27 pm 

Quote:
Sounds like it should move, But sounds more like you want a reasont to blow the 1.8L so you will have no excuse but to do your 4G63 swap. :partyman:

At least that would be my reason. haha.

Is your fuel pump upgraded yet?
I ran my 1.8 4g67 at 15PSI on a s16g and I beat the life out of it lol and the 1st think that broke wat the hyundai auto trans, engine still runs strong. Already have another 1G fwd auto trans and 6-bolt block ready to build, just wainting on taxes...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:56 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Quote:
Sounds like it should move, But sounds more like you want a reasont to blow the 1.8L so you will have no excuse but to do your 4G63 swap. :partyman:

At least that would be my reason. haha.

Is your fuel pump upgraded yet?
I ran my 1.8 4g67 at 15PSI on a s16g and I beat the life out of it lol and the 1st think that broke wat the hyundai auto trans, engine still runs strong. Already have another 1G fwd auto trans and 6-bolt block ready to build, just wainting on taxes...

It's weird how we both have the same year make model and color elantras,lol.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:40 pm 
CSM Junkie

*****Update 2/11/12****

Well it's a 1g 7 bolt bolt a stock freshly rebuild with ARPs, MLS head gasket, BSKE. It has a sleeper 20g, punishment racing o2 dump, 272 web cams, 680cc injectors, and much more....

Well things are tighting up on me and I have to drive something fun this year. I know I keep changing the plans but at the end it comes down to is $$ so the new plan for now is option 1) going to make it 5 speed FWD meaning adding a pedal and etc.... 2) or stay auto but get 2g FWD auto trans and engine harness which I have ECMLink ready to be used. Would like to get a 1g but 2g fwd trans are easier to get some how :shrug:

So that's the plan for now things lose up some funds in the future and I'm trying to buy my own garage, so I want to save some money. I need to build something fun that can be street driven as well as going down the track with mouth drops of a hyundai being fast,lol. As soon I get a trans, and engine harness, the build is on!!!!

Stay tuned :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:07 am 
CSM Junkie

mmmmm pretty! looks like a nice street setup!

And im voting to keep her a slush box!! yayyyy auto!

-1992 Eagle Summit AWD 4g63t swap (SOLD)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:04 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
mmmmm pretty! looks like a nice street setup!

And im voting to keep her a slush box!! yayyyy auto!
Thanks, autos are no joke anymore, and perfect for drag racing :wink: Like I said soon as I get the parts the build starts :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:16 pm 
CSM Junkie

*****Update 5/26/2012***** (Long story but worth the read)

Well after having a rough year with just the divorce hanging over my head, bad health and pretty much nothing going right for me at all. I didn't have a garage to work on the car and I thought that it was better off selling it to my good friend is in the process of doing a 4g63t swap in the near future. I felt bad because I couldn't do what I was set out to do with it and felt like a failure. :cry:

But now!!

This year is so much better, I have a new GF that understands me and supports me %100 of the way. She likes cars as well and constantly catch her watching F&F movies when I get home from work,lol. My lawyer bill is half paid (thank you income tax),lol. Now that everything is going good I decided it's time to find another garage for 1) me personal use and 2) doing side jobs (need extra $). So I found one really close to home and now I'm happier than I ever been in a long time, but still was missing something, oh yeah that's right a DSM. I bought a 95 AWD TSI for $500 and started to put it together and always loved talons 1gs or 2gs. Well the car is 98% done and my buddy eggy (that has my elantra) contacted me not too long ago and stated there was a guy on face book selling a mirage GT. I was like really? Hum....... I thought about it and thought to myself, I really miss having a sleeper again, why not at least look at it and go from there.

I got in contact the owner and saw the mirage and of course fell in love with it,lol. The car is really clean and been garaged most of it's life and it's my 2nd favorite color CSM, that of course is black,lol. The owner is really good guy, he got into hondas after having a few DSMs and now really wants a DSM again so the deal we made was to trade off our cars so both of us can be happy. So that's the plan right now, the talon is 98% done and we will be doing the deal very soon :twisted: Very excited and thrilled, I might have lost my killer project Elantra but the mirage GT will make up for it. This will be my first CSM that I ever owned in the 11 years of DSM and 4g63t cars,lol.

Here a picture of it he gave me that I have: