4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 8 Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:14 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Waiting on parts still. I did receive my knock senssor connector. Mounted my new 10" fans today. They are off and old a/c connector. They switch on with the ignition. Also painted the brackets I welded on last weekend for the intercooler.
Can you explain how you wired the fans? I'm looking to do the same thing and am no longer using a/c so the plugs are just laying there, would like to put them to use if possible.

Loving the build btw, a little shocked with the exhaust haters :o

07 ZX6R

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:38 pm 
Some call me a god

For the fans I just grabbed a wire from the stock A/C plug behind the head light that is a switched 12v. So when the key goes on the fans go on. I put a shielded male/female connector behind the head light for when I need to service the car with the key on. I can unplug it when I need to. But it also is fed off a larger fuse so it should handle being run for extended periods.

The exhaust is not pretty or ricecy so they hate it. It has ONE crappy angle in it and it is going to make my car run like crap and blow up. I should have a video today of how it sounds under throttle.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:23 pm 
Some call me a god

http://www.4g61t.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 18#p284418

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:50 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

That feed line is as long as my water hose.... and how does that exhaust not louder than one that comes out on the side. Or compare to a straight pipe all the way to the back are u kidding me? I dont care if its a stock 1.5 that set-up will always be louder than anything .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:34 pm 
Some call me a god

My feed line is that way for a reason. It needs to be secure and not flapping around under the hood of my car getting caught in something or getting burned by any exhaust parts. Does not make any difference in performance.

Your right, it is no louder than any other straight pipe. It is just at the front of the car rather than the rear. It is my car and it is what i want out of it. There is no drone from running under the car, it is not coming out under the car, or in the middle of the car on either side being super annoying. Drive down the road like normal, turn the radio up just a hair and there is just a light background noise when cruising. I am not trying to say it is quiet, but it sure is not loud inside the car with the windows up.

People that complain about these things obviously do no racing and don't have any semi-serious to serious cars to even speak of. You people are the ones who will never know what it is like to really go fast and do something special with these cars either. Does not matter to me if you like it or not. It has met all the goals I set out for the car. And my fiance can drive it and enjoy it, which is something she has not been able to do for herself ever. She actually enjoyed it and had no complaints other than just being a shitty car to start with. And that is what is important to me. For her to be happy and enjoy my hobby with me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:12 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
My feed line is that way for a reason. It needs to be secure and not flapping around under the hood of my car getting caught in something or getting burned by any exhaust parts. Does not make any difference in performance.

Your right, it is no louder than any other straight pipe. It is just at the front of the car rather than the rear. It is my car and it is what i want out of it. There is no drone from running under the car, it is not coming out under the car, or in the middle of the car on either side being super annoying. Drive down the road like normal, turn the radio up just a hair and there is just a light background noise when cruising. I am not trying to say it is quiet, but it sure is not loud inside the car with the windows up.

People that complain about these things obviously do no racing and don't have any semi-serious to serious cars to even speak of. You people are the ones who will never know what it is like to really go fast and do something special with these cars either. Does not matter to me if you like it or not. It has met all the goals I set out for the car. And my fiance can drive it and enjoy it, which is something she has not been able to do for herself ever. She actually enjoyed it and had no complaints other than just being a shitty car to start with. And that is what is important to me. For her to be happy and enjoy my hobby with me.

Well put my friend, to each their own, honestly I thought it was going to be louder than that but it's not half bad :wink: My so surpise your running higher levels on a n/a 4g61, just seeing that is awesome!! :supz: I have been so afriad to go any higher on my elantra because it was a DD for me. But I got my truck on the road, 12psi is in order,lol. I really just want to swap the 4g63 in it already but need a spot to do it though :x I'm just glad you did the same thing I did even though yours is a CSM and mine is a Hyundai but they are pretty much brothers from a different mother,lol.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:26 pm 
Some call me a god

Thanks, I am super happy with the car. If I had a tip top ignition system I could go even more. There is always the option to go E85 as it is easy to come by in my area, but being able to go where we want when we want is nice for a change.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:34 am 
Some call me a god

I also weighed the car. Full weight, turbo, auto tranny and all it weighs 2480.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:25 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Amen brotha

Nice video, everytime I see someone accomplish there goal it makes me push harder to complete mine, keep up the good work and that weight ain't bad either.. I'm sure the short exhaust helped too.

I also like how you got it fully functional in a timely manner, people like myself have been at it for years and havn't even turned the key yet...:partyman:

07 ZX6R

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:14 am 
Some call me a god

I did the blue wire mod to the TCU tonight. The car is much better. Still flare shifts/delays a little on the 2-3 shift, but it is starting to act like it is suppose to.

I let my fiance take it for a spin when we went to the store. It is her first chance ever being behind the wheel of a "fast" car. She was a little afraid, but did like the boost. Getting to 80mph part throttle was enough for her. I could never really get her to lay in it. I did convince her to race an integra on the highway though going to the store. She put the whoop down on the guy. He was a mostl stock ricer with a muffler, blue lights and some lowering springs. She pretty much had her way with him even getting the jump. I was cracking up. She was all smiles. That right there made this project worth it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:20 am 
Some call me a god

Did you do the blue wire mod that has the voltasge controlled by the TPS or did you put it on a switch/dial?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:33 am 
Some call me a god

It is run through a relay off the Fuel Pressure Solenoid pin on the ecu.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:48 am 

Sounds like your girl might be hooked now :lol: . Also for the fans you can replace the relay in the fuse box with a junper wire to make them come on when you turn the key on.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:07 am 
Some call me a god

Hea, they work great using the old A/C connector. It is a switched 12v and could not be easier. And like I said, for servicing it is very easy to get to to turn off.

She did call me today saying she wishes she had my car. She was pissed off from work and in a hurry to get to a party. She said she needed to haul some ass and get to her parents and that her saturn was just too slow. HAHA. All these years of bitching and one drive and she finally gets to see why I do this.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:12 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
It is run through a relay off the Fuel Pressure Solenoid pin on the ecu.
HMMMM Are you running ECMLink? Using the signal for the FPS and controlling when it hits 100% line pressure with Link is an option I never considered.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 8 Next