4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 510 Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:46 pm 
2nd Banana

Quote:
But my Questions are What BOV? to 264/272 or not??? :lol: and if i do cams would it be a good idea to just upgrade the Valve train components while im in there??? help me make my decision because im stumped and have about three weeks before im drooling all over new stuff..
The best street BOV you can buy is the old-school Greddy Type-S. It's no longer in production, and there are LOTS of chinabay knockoffs out there, but you can still find used original ones for sale if you look hard enough. The HKS SSQV is a pile of shit. The TiAL BOV is nice, but I wouldn't recommend it for a street car that doesn't have a crazy setup.

This is what they look like. Like I said, beware of imitators.

As far as the cams. HKS is the best choice if you don't want to upgrade your valvetrain. 264/272 is a good combo for a 16g setup. 272/272 will work as well, but have a slightly rougher idle and less bottom-end torque. You'll pick up a lot up top though. Changing your valve springs never hurts, but it's not necessary, you won't break anything. Stay away from Brian Crower cams; they're cheap, but you get what you pay for. FP2 cams are VERY nice as well, so you may want to think about those.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:01 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

yeah i was thinking greddy type s or the RS i found them both on dsmparts.com ill prob go FP because theyre cheaper and that extra 200 will go towards the welder im gonna pick up.

Plenty of build picks to follow in a few weeks and gonna try and find some dyno time also.

2016 Ford Edge Titanium -2L.0T AWD Wife
facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:32 am 

I agree with Tonus. FP Cam 2s with an Evo 3 16g work well. Look at my signature.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:13 pm 

since i had the car on the lift the other day bleeding brakes and oil change i took a few pics.
Puttin together my own boost leak tester

here it is all put together. OOOOHHHHH AAAAHHHHHH

and for those that have no idea where this would go :-?

I know itts a lil obvious but youd be suprised at the looks i got at work. I need an air compressor to make this work and dont have acsess to one yet so ill be posting soon the results of my finds. If anyone wants the recipes to make one of these it cost me about $24 and about 20 mins to make. ill post the parts list in another post if anyone is interested.

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:47 am 

Ok so heres the results of the Boost leak Test
- partial tester failure but still managed 10psi through the piping...
- BOV gasket BIG leak in back
- BISS screw leaking
- Throtle Body gasket slight leak
- fuel injector seals all bad but not horrible
:D all these were expected and can easily be fixed or rigged.

BUT..... 1 big one was the vaccume line running to a T fitting that gave my boost guage an accurate reading had a hole and was blowing MASSIVE amounts of air past it... BUT thats the least because that line that was leaking was also the vaccum line that runs to my fuel rail...

Heres where i need help though. on the bottom side of the intake manifold ( side opposite the throttle body) there is two nipples for vaccum and one line was not connected and again BLOWING MASSIVE amounts of air by it. problem is i hooked up a line and am currently circulating the lost boost back into the nipple on the intake after the MAS. i have no clue where that nipple is suppose to run too... gonna read the haynes manual tonight but does anyone have any clue??? it is a 4G63 motor with the stock intake manifold.

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:16 am 

ok let me clear a lil up. ive found the diagrams and am searching through pages upon pages for what those vacuum lines are suppose to run to. if anyone knows off the top of there head please give me a heads up... once again i have the links for lilevos diagrams.

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:56 am 
2nd Banana

As far as I know, the only vacuum lines that come off the intake manifold are for the brake booster (huge one off the back of the manifold), the PCV valve (smaller port closer to the throttle body on the front of the manifold), the BOV (smaller one on the front of the manifold), and the fuel pressure regulator (even smaller one also on the front part of the manifold).

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:09 am 
CSM Junkie

You mean opposite as in towards the cam gears right? Do you have all EGR stuff blocked off?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:29 pm 

You may want to check the lower cup to the K-Sport coilover in the picture above. I had mine back off and eat up an axle boot in the process. I would suggest checking all of them both top and bottom all around.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:44 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
As far as I know, the only vacuum lines that come off the intake manifold are for the brake booster (huge one off the back of the manifold), the PCV valve (smaller port closer to the throttle body on the front of the manifold), the BOV (smaller one on the front of the manifold), and the fuel pressure regulator (even smaller one also on the front part of the manifold).
x2, those are the only stock vacuum nipples on the 1g manifold.

Post up a picture and we might be able to help.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:47 pm 

Quote:
You may want to check the lower cup to the K-Sport coilover in the picture above. I had mine back off and eat up an axle boot in the process. I would suggest checking all of them both top and bottom all around.
Wow good thing u said that because i didnt even check those damn things... good looking out.

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:52 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
x2, those are the only stock vacuum nipples on the 1g manifold.

Post up a picture and we might be able to help.
Honestly i am assuming they are vacuum lines. because of there location i cant even see them. im gonna try and get a mirror down there and post up a pic. according to haynes manual they dont exist but i know they are there because of the leak i felt and attached a line to last night. ill post a bunch of pics tonight, iim replaceing gaskets, injector seals, etc... tonight so ill expect good thing when i test the system again tomorrow. thanks for all the help tryin to figure out what they are ill go in depth in the pics tonight.

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:00 pm 

found out what there too... there the vacuum lines that should run to the Evaporative emission purge solenoid... which i dont have... needless to say i know what the easy way is but im gonna take the hard way and re do all the vacuum lines and if anyone knows which i can block and what dosnt need to be used... ie EGR valve? thanks guys. if its worth doin, its worth doin right. also might rip out all my A/C lines tonight. dont ever see them goin in haha

crappy pic but here it is. in the haynes manual under 2.0 California there is 4 lines running under the intake manny. as you can see 3 lines that had ne vacuum hoses on them.

women can never understand how sweet this is for a man. something to do and more power after done. :D

right in the center of the gasket on the back side there is a leak blowin lots and lots of air out.

YEP THATS ME TRYIN TO POSITION MYSELF TO GET MY FAT HANDS TO PLUG THE LINE. Honestly i dropped the plug somewhere and dont know where it went :evil: so thats why im re doing all the lines :finga:

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:05 pm 

ok so the 4 nipples on the cam side of the intake manifold are nothing but EXTENSION valves for the main nipples coming off the throttle body. so in stead of fruit and banana ALL the lines and double checking everything i just eliminated all the vac lines that wernt nessecary. have only taken out vac lines and RTV blue gasketed 1G BOV and the car is now boosting 18lbs up from 14lbs. just those two fixes and im stopping 4psi from leaking out. tonight im replaceing the injector seals.

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:38 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Hey man I saw you at the mcx on mainside awhile ago- I yelled out nice CSM and you waved back, I'm in 14 area myself- pm me or something, I've been looking to pick up an mirAge to swap. Is there anyway I could check this thing out sometime- it was gorgeous, especially the stance.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 510 Next