4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 810 Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:35 pm 
Some call me a god

Your passenger axle is fine, you need the one in the link (btw it's only 47.00 and the best quality aftermarket axle you can get) and a dsm or csm gt half shaft.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:23 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

^ thank you so much. Can I steal one from an eclipse 1G??

2016 Ford Edge Titanium -2L.0T AWD Wife
facebook.com/modicausmc

Last edited by modicaUSMC on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:33 pm 
Some call me a god

Yes 1g awd. I had them backwards, it is referred to as a "intermediate shaft" or "half shaft". A few things to note is that it needs to be from a manual car and if you don't use the ac bracket that's bolted to the rear of the block you need to space it out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:38 pm 
Some call me a god

if you use an awd dsm intermediate shaft you'll need to cut an 1/8th of an inch of splines off or else the bracket wont line up to the holes in the block

2016 ram 1500

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:25 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
if you use an awd dsm intermediate shaft you'll need to cut an 1/8th of an inch of splines off or else the bracket wont line up to the holes in the block
It is confirmed that the intermediate shafts between the two (csm+dsm) are in fact the same. The only exception would be with the auto shaft which is most likely what you used if you had to trim it to fit. Also it should be noted that if in fact you use a dsm intermediate shaft that the inner part of the shaft is smaller than the axle seal.

You can remedy this by ordering a 90' passenger side axle seal and use this instead. < disregard this if you are going to use a dsm shaft as to this only applies to a csm turbo shaft.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:25 pm 

So far with the tear down on the car. Saturday was spent installing headlights and lowering springs on a friends RSX, so I started her today. the Lower front engine mount bolt was missing, left axel destroyed, left wheel bearing is fruit and banana and the wiring is a nightmare... but all is well and I have plenty of time to make her all pretty.

decided im gonna replce the tie rods while the engine is out, all bushings and the brake booster because it looks nasty. gotta have her all back together by the end of march

goin all out

Seal on the turbo looks to be bad and where the fruit and banana die that bolt go? did I actually forget to put it back in?

Like A Boss

Wireing nightmare

now to clean, sand and prep for the high gloss black paint job

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:14 am 

after tearing into the car i quickly realized that every front end component that had the a bushing on it was fruit and banana... ordered tie rod ends, sway bar repair kits, wheel bearings (my driver side was destroyed), and ball joints.

upgrading to a 4g brake booster assy and keeping the one piece axel I was running before, ill let you guys know how it deals with the power...
Got the front end stripped and taped off, sprayed 3 coats of primer and 2 coats hi-gloss 500 deg engine paint, still have 2 coats to go and about 5 more to go on the high visibility areas, then 4 coats of clear and then Im ready to clean the engine and fab up oil lines for the HX40 and tuck the wires for the most part.

Wire wheeled most of the spots to bare metal before priming

3rd coat was white so the black would go on nicely

light first coat of black

90% done. ran outta light for good pics so Ill check back in

the paint will prob just burn and bubble but ill just sand blast it again if it does... whatever it looks nice now

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:04 pm 
Some call me a god

Looking good, I love some fresh bays. Do you plan on relocating the fuse box inside the car?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:17 am 

Quote:
Looking good, I love some fresh bays. Do you plan on relocating the fuse box inside the car?
not gonna lie I suck wih wireing and this car is a nightmare. just cleaning up the wires, wrapping them and moving them around to keep them a little more outta the way. stopped caring about wireing when the bay started looking so clean

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:35 am 

some suprises as well as some "oh god damnit"'s and some good info.

Engine bay is lookin good, all the hard work payed off

uhhhh I was told and im sure bowdown thought he bought an EVO3 16G buuuut this is a small 16G (hence the 520) on the compressor cover... now I see why I couldnt flow more that 35lb of air.

New ball joints, sway bar full bushing sets and tie rod ends. stripped the passenger side tie rod so I had to order another one. got the wrong wheel bearings so I have to order new ones. then the front will be new

:supz:

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:31 am 

The bay looks super clean. I'm envious! :hail:

1990 Talon TSi
1995 Crown Vic
1993 Ford F-250 BBF
1987 Chevy Sprint Turbo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:06 am 
The Silent Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
not gonna lie I suck wih wireing and this car is a nightmare. just cleaning up the wires, wrapping them and moving them around to keep them a little more outta the way. stopped caring about wireing when the bay started looking so clean
Just make sure all connections are clean, properly crimped and weather tight. Get the mechanicals sorted, then wiring can creep into the throught process.
I too have back burnered wiring, strictly because the more you move it and disconnect it, the more likely it is to break on you. I have one connections I would like to patch, but for now it's no biggie. You've put in a whole lot of effort, so focus on getting the car together. If you wanted to, a turbo sway bar would be perfect to adapt now, with new end links to match because they are the double joint type (no rubber compression on a stud top), and polyurethane bushings for the frame mounts. I say this because it is so much easier with nothing in the engine bay - mainly the rear engine mount. You WILL LOVE how the front end handles after that. I suspect you need the brackets that hold the bar in place as well, but my car came this way, and I converted a C52a hatch, but it has been years since then, like 8 to be exact. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:36 pm 
Generic cool guy

Bay look super clean,Love them sedans!

BTW
Are you gonna sell that small 16G?

1989 Mirage Turbo AWD 11.5 @ 127: http://youtu.be/AhtJuKT-c5U

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:46 pm 

Quote:
Bay look super clean,Love them sedans!

BTW
Are you gonna sell that small 16G?
already sold it sorry

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:09 pm 

Progress has slowed lately with a work inspection nearing and stupid crap.

had to source a 1990 water pipe from an eclipse 4g63 non turbo, kinda needle in a haystack shit but after the 5th junk yard I found one $9.90 score. My friend kris welded the oil return bung on the oil pan for me and made some -10 AN return lines. -12 wouldnt fit and we are now sourcing oil from the head instead of the OFH for now while I break in the turbo and buy up fuel components. heres how she sits, and im hoping to have her drive away on saturday

pressing out the old wheel bearing that was beyond bad, it should have fallen out!! took a screw driver to remove the hub from the knuckles

We were gonna use the -12 AN return lines but they wouldnt fit so -10's will have to do. Also I picked up and new jesus clip, OEM TOB and comp clutch forged clutch fork

hacked a piece outta the front brace to fit the oil return lines from the turbo

not the inlet compressor housing final position, but really close. slight more angle down to clear the radiator

FRESH POWDER COAT AND FOR $80... JUST LOVE THE HYUNDAI DESIGNATION, CANT WAIT TO GET ASKED IF ITS A HYUNDAI, LAUGHTER WILL ENSUE!!!

facebook.com/modicausmc

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 810 Next