4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 710 Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:42 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

got some things done lately, fabbed and installed the front mount (thanks Kris Albee), fixed my tune (thanks Kris again haha), installed an AEM wideband, registered the car in Washington State (NO SMOG FTW!!!!!), cut the CAT out!!!!, about to rewire the wally 190, and rewire some of the "quick fixes" to make them pretty

had to cut the right vent and the middle bumper grill to fit the FMIC, also had to remove the right turn signal :-? gonna fab something up so people arnt guessing when im turning right

said F*** IT and cut out the front plate bracket, no sense and installing a air cooling tool and then blocking airflow "F-YOU CALI 2 LISCENSE PLATES :finga: "

2016 Ford Edge Titanium -2L.0T AWD Wife
facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:36 am 

felt like fixing the interior of the car and mounting and re wireing some stuff, no that is not my wiring job but i need to clean it up eventually

MY WIRING NOGHTMARE!!! Ill re do this one day when i do my wire tuck in the bay

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:22 pm 

PICS COMING SOON! Picked up a freshly rebuilt HX40, BEP hotside and 38mm external wastegate on the O2 with O2 dump. Came with a shitty 38mm so ill be ordering a Tial piece soon. My ECMlink speed density setup and boost controller came in also and I'm waiting for my FP intake, and catch can to get delivered. Still waiting for some money for FIC 1250cc injectors, fuel filter and Fuel Pressure Reg and 6 puck disk. And I picked up a perfect condition 95' Mirage Sedan last week for $1800. Ill post pics of everything in the next couple days and should start pulling the engine again next weekend for engine bay repaint and semi wire tuck. BIG THINGS COMEING SOON, gettin ready for Mitsu owners day 2013 in July

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:39 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Looking good.

Wow, that wiring is something else. We've all had a car where we've had a bundle of wires to clean out/up. Not fun, but once it's done right, you can forget about and concentrate on driving and never thinking about it again. :P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:40 pm 

If you get popped for no front plate you can always put it on the passenger side and cover up your missing signal and piping ;)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:47 pm 

Quote:
If you get popped for no front plate you can always put it on the passenger side and cover up your missing signal and piping ;)
Yeah true but I'm in Cali and don't think ill get stopped for that. Probably gonna get stopped for excessive noise when I get the 3" straight pipe fitted that's gonna dump under the passenger side rear door lol

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:37 am 

Got the last of my parts in today! ordering the ACT 6 puck next then awaiting funding for the Tial 38mm WG, FIC 1250cc injectors, Aeromotive FPR, wally 450lph pump, and other fuel components, I plan on running E85 so its go big or go home. Im starting on Saturday with the engine pull.

Things I dont have pictures of are the high temp black paint that im painting the bay after I strip all the unnescessary stuff off and wrap and tuck the wires, the front end is getting stripped, sanded and painted. And I have a 3" QTP electric cutout I will be installing with dump pipe leading out the passengar side rear door for added exuberence and child scaring :evil: ! the entire rear section exhaust will be 3" straight pipe with a 12" resonator. I only have a 2-3 week window in my schedule untill Mitsi Owners Day in July so I have to work quick between work.

Recieved my re manufactured Mirage turbo drivers side axle from Autozone for $50 P/N: 7947

Speed density and Boost controller from ECMlink

Freshly re-built Holset HX40 POWERRRR!!

FP 4" intake, K&N 9" filter with couplers

Bullseye Performance Hotside, new metal gasket, tubular O2 w/ WG dump. this whole setup I bought used for $280. I will not be using the crap Godspeed 38mm. Im waiting for the Tial 38mm to arrive. And T-Bolt clamps for my FMIC system so I dont blow off any pipes under boost anymore. This whole thing will be stripped sanded and painted high temp black and possibly dump tube wrapped.

Just picked up tis beauty as my New DD while the white Mirage serves as my show/ drag car. 128,000 miles, fresh black paint, old man owned, w/ working A/C, car is FLAWLESS!!

Bought some Replica SSR Tpe-C rims with 90% tread on the tires for $380 :supz: next is tint and 2" drop and leaving her stock while gather the AWD Evo 3 setup and build her a forged 6 bolt :D

both my babies

At Race Legal (an event held at Quallcomm stadium every other week 1/8th mile drag strip

The Military Police have been Hating on my car lately after I spun tires leaving base in the rain so they have been stopping me whenever I come through the gate, im sure there gonna love my 3" stright piped exhaust im having built lol

QTP 3" Electric cutout FTW

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:48 am 

Pics of the interior weeks back when I cleaned up the trunk area and fitted and secured the carpet inside

I know, I know, why the added weight... Well In all of my cars I insist they have excellent sound and powerrrrr so the sub stays until race nights. with the sub and amp and soon to be 2nd amp the the full component system insode its soon to be an EARGASM in the car! 8)

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:57 am 

My mom sent me $100 for my birthday and said "Im sending this money so you can buy yourself some tools, make sure you do so" BEST MOM EVER, off to Harbor Freight I went and grabbed some stuff

The big tool box ($24) has 3 smaller ones inside it, the 7" angle grinder and 7" cuting wheen were like $50, 20'- 150' ft lbs torque wrench on sale for $20 and some other little crap like wire wheels and step-up/ step-down set were a great addition to my array of tools. next is a lincoln electric MIG welder (to aid in the AWD swap in the next year or two) Miter saw, air tools and air tank and other goodies... great birthday for me

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:48 am 
Some call me a god

Well hell yeah man. Congrats!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:32 pm 
Some call me a god

Looking good! Hate to burst one of your bubbles but that's not a turbo axle. Turbo axles are equal length, like the 1g AWD axles.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:13 pm 

Quote:
Looking good! Hate to burst one of your bubbles but that's not a turbo axle. Turbo axles are equal length, like the 1g AWD axles.
Hmmm well the guy said driver side 89 mirage turbo. So should I buy a passenger side axel for the driver side since their equal lengths? And would I buy a mirage turbo? 1G AWD?

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:26 pm 

Quote:
Actually I remembered on page 4 of my build section I have a pic with the axels out and sitting besides each other and the drivers side is about a matching length (judging by the picture) as the one I purchased.

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:35 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Quote:
Actually I remembered on page 4 of my build section I have a pic with the axels out and sitting besides each other and the drivers side is about a matching length (judging by the picture) as the one I purchased.
Yup if isn't a two piece axle then it's definitely not the right one. Just order a empi from rock auto, those pos parts chains are gonna give you a terrible headache trying to get you the right axle. http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinf ... cc=1207190 you are still gonna need the inner shaft also though. Just looked at the axle on page four, it is the wrong one also.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:22 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yup if isn't a two piece axle then it's definitely not the right one. Just order a empi from rock auto, those pos parts chains are gonna give you a terrible headache trying to get you the right axle. http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinf ... cc=1207190 you are still gonna need the inner shaft also though. Just looked at the axle on page four, it is the wrong one also.
Ok so let me get this straight I need to buy the one in the link then buy a passenger axel to bolt into it? How has the one I have now been working?

facebook.com/modicausmc

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 710 Next